The Rosenblog

kitekrazy

The Sox never trailed this much last year, so don’t give me any of that 25-5 stuff, and besides, 25-5 wasn’t good enough last year. The Sox choked against the Twins in August.

THANK YOU!

While I still think it's too early to pack it in, I loved reading every word of that article.

I hated every word of it. If he put more than 10 minutes into it, actually, I'd be shocked.

Name everyone, say trade them, but not mention that more than 1/2 the names he calls out are fairly new to the big league team (Beckham, Rios, Dunn, Alexei) but somehow all are inexplicably sucking at the same time while you ignore the irrefutable one thing that has been consistent the whole time that the team enacts "the same old choking story."

This guy can get f***ed - stupid ass article.

Colby Rasmus.... ok, douchebag.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
THANK YOU!

While I still think it's too early to pack it in, I loved reading every word of that article.

If it were Minnesota or Detroit they were 10 games behind, I may consider it a lost cause, but its Cleveland and KC. I just cannot believe they can't make 10 games up on them, and they are 2.5 behind Detroit. That's one series.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
If it were Minnesota or Detroit they were 10 games behind, I may consider it a lost cause, but its Cleveland and KC. I just cannot believe they can't make 10 games up on them, and they are 2.5 behind Detroit. That's one series.

Surely, but hope is fading fast.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
I hated every word of it. If he put more than 10 minutes into it, actually, I'd be shocked.

Name everyone, say trade them, but not mention that more than 1/2 the names he calls out are fairly new to the big league team (Beckham, Rios, Dunn, Alexei) but somehow all are inexplicably sucking at the same time while you ignore the irrefutable one thing that has been consistent the whole time that the team enacts "the same old choking story."

This guy can get f***ed - stupid ass article.

Colby Rasmus.... ok, douchebag.

I don't like how he gives Ozzie the free pass, actually. The same old choking routine has got to fall mainly on him. He's pretty much the one constant.

I don't like how he gives Ozzie the free pass, actually. The same old choking routine has got to fall mainly on him. He's pretty much the one constant.

Yeah, and that's the line he premises the entire article on which is what I think fires me up.

I'm tired of hearing that it's on the players. That's the easy excuse.

Everyone in baseball decided there shouldn't be a cap, the union guarantees and rules are what they are, everyone agreed, and that's how it is. They are overpaid children, but that doesn't change the fact that Managers are STILL RESPONSIBLE to be sure your team is prepared, executes, and gets the results.

I run a business - I wish I had the luxury of going - "Ah well, even though the $ on top notch marketing has been spent, we put together a great product, got the phones ringing, generated interest, but the sales guys just aren't closing the deals" all the while managers, systems, and resources are also being paid for with no repercussions for anyone. Especially when that "talent" has demonstrably proven it's ability to perform in the past.

It's bulls*** and it doesn't apply to any business or product anywhere else in the world, yet this s*** keeps getting shoved down our throats.

KW has been changing bodies and even went so far as to go against his entire team building philosophy just this past year.

He's right about the same results; he's wrong about changing bodies under the laundry being the solution.

Wow, what an angry/irrational article.

So the Cardinals are going to take on Mark Buehrle, Matt Thronton, and Alex Rios for Colby Rasmus? Yeah, I'm sure they'd love that extra $33.5M in payroll for 2012, not to mention retroactive pay for this season as well, as they try to resign one of the greatest hitters of all time.

Does this guy use his brain?

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Yeah, and that's the line he premises the entire article on which is what I think fires me up.

Everyone in baseball decided there shouldn't be a cap, the union guarantees and rules are what they are, everyone agreed, and that's how it is. They are overpaid children, but that doesn't change the fact that Managers are STILL RESPONSIBLE to be sure your team is prepared, executes, and gets the results.

I run a business - I wish I had the luxury of going - "Ah well, even though the $ on top notch marketing has been spent, we put together a great product, got the phones ringing, generated interest, but the sales guys just aren't closing the deals" all the while managers, systems, and resources are also being paid for with no repercussions for anyone. Especially when that "talent" has demonstrably proven it's ability to perform in the past.

It's bulls*** and it doesn't apply to any business or product anywhere else in the world, yet this s*** keeps getting shoved down our throats.

KW has been changing bodies and even went so far as to go against his entire team building philosophy just this past year.

He's right about the same results; he's wrong about changing bodies under the laundry being the solution.

Actually, blaming the problems on a single person such as the manager is the easy way out. The first few loses were on the pen, most of the recent ones have been on the offense, all bit PK and TCQ probably. I'm not the biggest Ozzie fan here, although I do think he is an above average manger, but to blame him for all of these things is just wrong. It's just easier to take it out on a single person and it's easier to get rid of one person.

Actually, blaming the problems on a single person such as the manager is the easy way out. The first few loses were on the pen, most of the recent ones have been on the offense, all bit PK and TCQ probably. I'm not the biggest Ozzie fan here, although I do think he is an above average manger, but to blame him for all of these things is just wrong. It's just easier to take it out on a single person and it's easier to get rid of one person.

Don't misunderstand my point - I'm not blaming just Ozzie. But if you're rational, you start somewhere meaninful and impactful. And he damn sure is a good place to start.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
Don't misunderstand my point - I'm not blaming just Ozzie. But if you're rational, you start somewhere meaninful and impactful. And he damn sure is a good place to start.

That I can agree with. I don't think he is the problem but if things don't change soon changes will need to be made.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:54 PM)

I agree with your assessment. We play the majority of our games within our own division and that's where we can catch up. The whole division is just topsy turvy right now and I believe it will even out and reverse itself. All will be well in the baseball universe

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)

I'm not sure if you're familiar with my entire body of work here on Soxtalk, but you're preaching to the choir.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
That I can agree with. I don't think he is the problem but if things don't change soon changes will need to be made.

To be fair, I don't think anybody blames only Ozzie. Perhaps that is the perception to outsiders, but I believe the vast majority of us think exactly how Andrew put it.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with my entire body of work here on Soxtalk, but you're preaching to the choir.

I'm probably not, but you DID say you loved reading every word of the article...

I wouldn't have lined the cat box with it.

:)

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm probably not, but you DID say you loved reading every word of the article...

I wouldn't have lined the cat box with it.

:)

I love that emotion. Reading his article reminded me that we average guys aren't the only ones who are ready to flip out.

I love that emotion. Reading his article reminded me that we average guys aren't the only ones who are ready to flip out.

Yeah, I get that.... I love true emotion/passion for the Sox too.

But there's nothing average about the payroll (above) and nothing average about the results (below) so you have to call a spade a spade.

That article could've been dated any date from 2001-2004 or 2007-till now and you wouldn't know the difference.

Just sub in Getz, Mackowiak, Anderson, the fast black-guy with the goatee who couldn't get on base and I can't even remember his name....WR from UCLA, Fields, Sweeney, etc.... same article, different people called out

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)

And then again this could be Cleveland or KC's year to come out of nowhere to win big. Their 2005....

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

10 games behind any Major League team on May 1st ....not good. More for what it says about the Sox than the teams they trail.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Yeah, I get that.... I love true emotion/passion for the Sox too.

But there's nothing average about the payroll (above) and nothing average about the results (below) so you have to call a spade a spade.

That article could've been dated any date from 2001-2004 or 2007-till now and you wouldn't know the difference.

Just sub in Getz, Mackowiak, Anderson, the fast black-guy with the goatee who couldn't get on base and I can't even remember his name....WR from UCLA, Fields, Sweeney, etc.... same article, different people called out

Jerry Owens? Were you describing two guys there or just one?