Beckham : 298/.379/.456/.835 in May.

macsandz

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
Beckham has tons of talent and basically is still learning to hit at the Mjaor League level since he did not have much time in the minors. Amazing how we have folks clamoring for his trade.

I can't recall too many people saying to trade him. At this point, he's had parts of three seasons in the majors (a total of about two full seasons). He's not shown very much improvement or consistency over that span. Some people just have unlimited patience.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
I can't recall too many people saying to trade him. At this point, he's had parts of three seasons in the majors (a total of about two full seasons). He's not shown very much improvement or consistency over that span. Some people just have unlimited patience.

It's really hard for him to improve on the >.900 OPS's he's put up when he's been "On". It's the consistency part.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)

Some people don't have unlimited patience, I think is what you mean. Do I want Gordon traded? Um, yeah if you can get something worthwhile for him. Chances are you can't.

I sadly feel that he has no chance to get as good as I thought he was going to be, because I thought he'd be really f***ing good... .300 with 20 homers and an obp between .370/.390. That just ain't happening.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Some people don't have unlimited patience, I think is what you mean. Do I want Gordon traded? Um, yeah if you can get something worthwhile for him. Chances are you can't.

I sadly feel that he has no chance to get as good as I thought he was going to be, because I thought he'd be really f***ing good... .300 with 20 homers and an obp between .370/.390. That just ain't happening.

No, your impatience is prudent. I was saying that some people have way too much patience. A guy could play for ten years and never live up to his potential, but someone would say that you can't accurately judge someone until they've had 11 full seasons.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
I just hope he can keep it up. Beckham seems to really get down on himself when he's slumping. His body language is terrible.

Jeez, we have a lot of soft guys on this team.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 24, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
No, your impatience is prudent. I was saying that some people have way too much patience. A guy could play for ten years and never live up to his potential, but someone would say that you can't accurately judge someone until they've had 11 full seasons.

Ok, gotya.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 24, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
I just hope he can keep it up. Beckham seems to really get down on himself when he's slumping. His body language is terrible.

You're pissing me off now. Who the hell is that in your avy? I couldn't find the name of the last girl. This one looks even better.