Sox at Texas series finale May 25 Game Thread

We are only a couple of hours from game time, and line ups are out, so I am getting this up.

RT @MDGonzales Sox lineup; pierre lf, ramirez ss. Q dh, PK 1v, rios cf, castro c, lillibridge rf, beckham 2b, morel 3b, floyd p: Dunn day off in advance

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and looks like Bos is getting off to a nice early start against Cle.

Solid win last night, with a bullpen dump game like that in a stretch of many games without a day of it's so important to win.

honestly, are the Sox saying Jeff Marquez would do worse than Pena? At least it would be a different guy being terrible, that alone is worth something!

Would love to get 7 strong out of Gavin. Rest the pen a little.

A laugher would also be nice so I can relax haha, but facing a good lefty, it's doubtful...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
The interesting part could be who closes tonight if it comes up. Multiple innings out of Santos, could challenge the idea of bringing him back again tonight.

It'd be really bad to have to use Sergio again today. Did Crain throw last night?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
The interesting part could be who closes tonight if it comes up. Multiple innings out of Santos, could challenge the idea of bringing him back again tonight.

Not really multiple innings, just a four out save. Mariano does it all the time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
It must be hard to DH everyday.

I would think that once a guy seems to be putting it back together witnerss the walks and RBI single and mammoth homer in the last few games then you would leave him in, but I guess not

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
I would think that once a guy seems to be putting it back together witnerss the walks and RBI single and mammoth homer in the last few games then you would leave him in, but I guess not

After a long day last night and facing a LHP today I can't complain. It also rests quentins legs and gets lillibridge's 1.000+ OPS in may and improved defense into the lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Alexei has become a DP machine. He seemed a little pull happy last night.

He's been wearing out that gap between 3rd and SS, the problem is the DP's if he doesn't hit the gap.