Why no changes..............Really!

Soxfest

The Sox are 191-187 since the beginning of 2009. And that of course, includes that 25-5 streak. I will go back even further. Since the middle of 2006, the Sox are 386-394 (.495).

The management and staff house needs cleaned and changes need to be made spinning our wheels for this long is unexceptable! JR needs to grow a pair and quit being so dam loyal to a fault :bringit

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely chime in on threads like this because most of the time they strike me as reactionary.

However, I have to admit, this coaching staff, with the possible exception of Don Cooper, seems incapable of maximizing the resources Kenny provides them with in a race against other competitors much shorter on those same resources.

Ozzie, I love ya man, but you're not getting it done anymore.

Promote Cooper to interim manager.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
I rarely chime in on threads like this because most of the time they strike me as reactionary.

However, I have to admit, this coaching staff, with the possible exception of Don Cooper, seems incapable of maximizing the resources Kenny provides them with in a race against other competitors much shorter on those same resources.

Since 2006 is far from reactionary!

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 28, 2011 -> 05:21 PM)
Since the middle of 2006, the Sox are 386-394 (.495).

I've either been too lazy or I simply forget to look this up. So basically this franchise went on the best year and a half run in it's history, looking like they were set to go on a sustained period of excellence, fell apart after that 18 inning marathon against Boston.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 28, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
I've either been too lazy or I simply forget to look this up. So basically this franchise went on the best year and a half run in it's history, looking like they were set to go on a sustained period of excellence, fell apart after that 18 inning marathon against Boston.

I know it was a game against Boston because my friend (Dbacks fan) said to me "This will be the demise of the Sox season. I'm telling you". And for almost 5 years, he has been right for the most part.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 28, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
I know it was a game against Boston because my friend (Dbacks fan) said to me "This will be the demise of the Sox season. I'm telling you". And for almost 5 years, he has been right for the most part.

Who is he? Nostradamus? :lolhitting

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 28, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm not saying it was that 18 inning game, but whatever game against Boston that we lost in mid-2006 was when my friend Mattstradamus correctly called our doom.

Got ya. Misread. And I personally think that Saturday night game in I believe late August in which we were down 7-5 going into the bottom of the 9th, facing Joe Nathan, whom if he had been any better that year he'd be Mariano, and Dye blasts that two-out, two-run moonshot to tie the game. I went nuts. That HR and Tad's slam against Houston that tied the game up when we were down 9-1 in the 7th were my favorites moments from that season. And we lost both games.

Speakin' of Nathan. He's back on the DL. Yeah. I'd say me assuming the Twins were going to be just fine with Nathan and Morneau coming back turned out to be kinda wrong.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)

Letting Dunn hit today in extra innings with 1st and 3rd with Q available on the bench (that flyout he hit with 2 outs would have been nice with 1 out) and pinch hitting with Dunn earlier in the week down 1 with a man on 3rd, 1 out in the 8th when he knew a lefty was available for Texas were just two examples of Ozzie being Ozzie. His complete lack of ability to manage has made the biggest at-bat of the game a GUARANTEED (0-36=guaranteed) failure before it ever happened twice in four games, and was one of the biggest reasons both ended up losses. That is beyond elementary, yet Ozzie fails with such decisions pretty frequently. People like that should not be allowed to keep their jobs.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 28, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
If they want fans to spend their hard earned cash on this team they better start taking this seriously. If they want to stick with Ozzie and Walker they won't be getting much support at the gate.

"All In!" What a joke!

Actually a new manager probably would make a difference for about 10 days. If we can get in the race in that 10 day period it might work.

Otherwise this team's holes will again eventually show themselves no matter who is in charge.

If they want to fire Ozzie, fine. Go ahead. But the new manager won't make a difference. This team is too slow and has severe pitching problems in the bullpen. Also, a new manager won't be able to get Rios and Dunn going. Not this year. The starting pitching of course has been very good for the most part, though Jackson has been kinda horses*** at times and Danks is winless.

Edited by greg775

From the time Milledge was DFA'd and Gray was brought up, until Peavy was activated, there were no significant roster changes. The same 25 guys were on the roster for a whole month. Teams struggling that bad tend to shake things up.

I find it weird that we have a general manager who is always eager to shake up the team player-wise, but he never wants to change anything coaching-wise. I really hope Ozzie just does something so asinine that along with his team's performance, he is fired. Obviously Ozzie could lose 15 straight here and would still have his job, so maybe if he says something completely stupid, that could do him in.

Ya know...I really don't chime in on this stuff very much either...but I really do have to point to this staff as a bunch of stagnant robots who are basically Ozzie's buddies. It's just gone on for WAAAY too long. I'm gonna point at this team right now...for as much as I really don't like the Dbags...I really respect the coaching staff that they've put together out there. Gibson is a no bs guy. And look at their hitting coach...Don Baylor. Who's not gonna listen to him? Alan Trammell. Matt Williams. Eric Young. Charles Nagy (not a household name...but has done a great job). They've got a roster of really horses*** IMO and have them believing in themselves and playing very well....doing little things that don't show up in box scores. I'd swap with that staff in a nanosecond. Just saying what fresh blood and a no bs approach can do. I'm not saying being a prick or anything...there's just that little thing of accountability there. Good god...look at that roster. I know it's early in the season and all...but I mentioned a few times how much I do like their staff that they've assembled. Sox need a change...period.

Look at the change in the Pirates mindset too now with Hurdle...

Edited by Wanne

So in a dream world Ozzie gets fired and Cora goes with him. Copper stays but as the pitching coach. Baines wants nothing to do with head coach. Cox won't either.... We know JR will promote from within...

Can you stomach a White Sox team managed by Super Joe McEwing? Haha

QUOTE (T R U @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:45 AM)
Ozzie Guillen has averaged 86 wins a season, and has a world series title under his command of the White Sox.. I like how your selected numbers make him and KW out to be garbage..

There have been several people that have posted in detail how during the KW/OG era we have had among the highest paid teams in the typically weak AL Central and have many times had the best talent on paper only to be disappointed year in and year out, save for 1 season. If that isn't underachieving then I don't know what is.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)
Outside of using a racial slur, or something that degrades, religion, gays or mentally challenged people, Ozzie ain't goin' nowhere. I just don't see it. 2005 will live on forever. In a bad way in this case.

You do realize it is Ozzie Guillen right? He hasn't said something stupid in awhile, so i think he is due. And it is just up his alley to say something along those lines. Ha.

Ozzie Guillen has averaged 86 wins a season, and has a world series title under his command of the White Sox.. I like how your selected numbers make him and KW out to be garbage..

Are you really satisfied with being an 86-win ballclub when we spend way more than everyone else and play in for the most part a second-class division? He has made the playoffs twice in those seven years. 86 wins sounds nice, but when you see the full context of the 86, it loses it impressiveness and becomes just mediocre.

I will say this, his track record is at least better than KW who didn't make the playoffs the three years prior to Ozzie. So either Ozzie is no getting the best out of the clubs KW has put together, or KW is just not putting together solid, cohesive teams.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Adam Dunn suggested the Sox weren't fully equipped to face Perez, a 26-year-old rookie who was making his sixth major league appearance.

“They brought a kid (Perez) in we had no video, we had nothing on him,” Dunn said. “Our scouting report wasn’t exactly right. That’s no excuse. But he came in and shut us down.”

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sport...0,2337544.story

Glad you like it, I will sleep better tonight!