Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
No, there's not.

It was supposed to be Chris Rongey's future predicted response in the post-game to complaints Ozzie made the wrong moves with Floyd and the bullpen.

Guess I did a good job.

You did. Its exactly how Rongey would respond, although I can't really say I can blame him. I'm sure he likes employment.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for Hawk reading off the Indians play by play like this means anything to any of us. The Sox can't beat anyone in their division except for the Indians. We won't be sniffing the division lead if we can't beat the Twins or the Royals.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
You did. Its exactly how Rongey would respond, although I can't really say I can blame him. I'm sure he likes employment.

You're probably right and I do feel bad for Rongey as he's in an impossible position. I don't understand why intelligent fans get upset with him though. He plays to a certain subset of the White Sox fanbase and has to deal with a lot of terrible callers. Take what he says with a grain of salt.

This might be headed for the longest 9 inning game in baseball history (outside of Yankees/Red Sox).

I think Floyd had 93 pitches in 3+ innings. I guess it's good for concession/beer sales. Not so good for the defense playing behind Floyd or Jackson.

Edited by caulfield12

If we had any OBP guys in our lineup at all beyond Konerko, we'd destroy twins pitchers

Every f***ing guy in our lineup is impossible to walk ezcept Kong and in a good year Dunn

Pierre: Doesn't walk

Ramirez: Doesn't walk

Pierzynski: Doesn't walk

Morel: Doesn't walk

Beckham: Doesn't walk

Rios: Doesn't walk

Quentin: Used to walk, he's streaky now though and rarely walks

So Kenny's clusterf*** of mental midgets fail again. Open the unlabeled bottle that you think could be lightning is wupass. Change managers all you want but constantly attaining guys with no mental makeup will always produce under achievement. This team is so unclutch. What manager wants a team of bed wetters?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
If we had any OBP guys in our lineup at all beyond Konerko, we'd destroy twins pitchers

Every f***ing guy in our lineup is impossible to walk ezcept Kong and in a good year Dunn

Pierre: Doesn't walk

Ramirez: Doesn't walk

Pierzynski: Doesn't walk

Morel: Doesn't walk

Beckham: Doesn't walk

Rios: Doesn't walk

Quentin: Used to walk, he's streaky now though and rarely walks

We're a lowly 12th in the AL with 254 walks.

The AL average is 274.

Moneyball it's not.

For all the talk of increasing our OBP, it's all been BS. The only one who you can really say was a high OBP acquisition was Dunn, and we know how that's going.

Edited by caulfield12

There's no way Rios is going to do anything with a pitch on the outside half of the plate.

He's just stepping into the bucket with every approach.

Why Rios is batting ahead of AJ, I have no idea.

Supposedly, AJ said something to Blackburn, a little "words exchanged" last time Pierzynski was up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:21 PM)
Falling back into our normal trend this year with RISP after the 1st inning abberation.

It never fails...1st inning runs mean crapping down pant legs the rest of the game. It's clockwork.