Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Oh, its not over yet. If there is a loss posted today, I wouldnt be surprised to see Thornton on his way out the door as well.

Posters need to listen to you and DocSox more.

It actually makes a lot of sense, replace Thornton next year with Frasor as 7/8th inning guy or trade both (as they will both be in high demand for teams competing now).

I see plenty of moves following this one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
I would also like to thank Edwin for contributing to my alcohol abuse with his painful to sit through 120 pitch clusterf***s that forced me to drink even more to compensate for excessive boredom. Good riddance.

Jackson, in his time with the Sox, has an ERA of 3.66 and an ERA+ of 114.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
Yeah thats great but they actually do some good believe it or not. Having a playing that just wings it because he doesnt give a damn is not what we need right now.

Hes not just winging it, he uses an outside hitting coach, like a former White Sox great used to.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Thank you Adam Dunn and Alex Rios for ruining what could have been a magical year on the south side.

And yet we're stuck with them the next few seasons without having financial flexibility to improve the team. We're f***ed

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:38 AM)
**goes to peak at the "In or Out" thread to look at the additional "Out" votes**

I'm delighted to see mark teahen no longer wearing a sox uni but trading EJAX, our 2nd best pitcher this season, says we're not in this to win it. Might as well keep dumping now. Too bad Konerko had to re-sign to be part of Ken Williams' worthless vision.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Yeah thats great but they actually do some good believe it or not. Having a playing that just wings it because he doesnt give a damn is not what we need right now.

Well not to entirely put out Rasmus, but La Russa's hate for Rasmus is that he goes to outside sources for hitting, atleast he goes out to other sources and wants to get better unlike Rios.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
Yes, clearly this one deal is what I'm referring to, and not the many, many awful deals that have cost JR piles of cash and lead to this final punting of value that is Edwin Jackson.

Claim Alex Rios - big cash. f***.

Trade Daniel Hudson - Get a known commodity in Edwin Jackson trying to force hand of Washington to trade you player you actually want in Adam Dunn.

Claim MANNY RAMIREZ - one month. one homer. $5 mill. f***.

Give away Edwin Jackson to get rid of another AWFUL, POINTLESS contract extension in Mark Teahen.

This is just a very very very very very small segment of KW's persistent incompetence.

Out of that list, the only move I wouldn't have called a decent gamble is the Hudson trade.

At least to my eyes, that's going to go down as the single worst deal of KW's tenure here. Unless both of the guys we gave up blow their arms out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Yes, clearly this one deal is what I'm referring to, and not the many, many awful deals that have cost JR piles of cash and lead to this final punting of value that is Edwin Jackson.

Trade Daniel Hudson - Get a known commodity in Edwin Jackson trying to force hand of Washington to trade you player you actually want in Adam Dunn.

Give away Edwin Jackson to get rid of another AWFUL, POINTLESS contract extension in Mark Teahen.

This is just a very very very very very small segment of KW's persistent incompetence.

haha, man you need a drink. Calm the hell down

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm delighted to see mark teahen no longer wearing a sox uni but trading EJAX, our 2nd best pitcher this season, says we're not in this to win it. Might as well keep dumping now. Too bad Konerko had to re-sign to be part of Ken Williams' worthless vision.

Edwin Jackson has been the Sox's 2nd best pitcher this season? At best he's been the team's 3rd best starter.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)

You forgot the inexplicable extension to Teahen.