Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Kenny Williams has done to the Sox what Martz is doing the Bears what Booth did to Lincoln.

Did Lincoln assemble a cabinet of 6 quality starters, a deep bullpen and some good position players whom all decided to have historically bad seasons at the same time, before Booth shot him?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)
Did Lincoln assemble a cabinet of 6 quality starters, a deep bullpen and some good position players whom all decided to have historically bad seasons at the same time, before Booth shot him?

Clearly, Booth single-handedly elected Lincoln and his staff, who underperformed, so he traded him to England for a couple young members of parliament.

From Mr. Cowardly:

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Disappointing to hear, but was just told that KW doesn't really believe in this team and is looking to ship more bodies out.

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Raise the White Flag, as the buzzards are circling the South Side.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
From Mr. Cowardly:

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Disappointing to hear, but was just told that KW doesn't really believe in this team and is looking to ship more bodies out.

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Raise the White Flag, as the buzzards are circling the South Side.

At least Kenny sees what we see...

Make good baseball deals, and I'm ok with this.

I said it in another thread, but I don't think the Sox can get to 85 wins, and that's probably what it will take.

Let's make some good deals, try to win, and not mortgage the future.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
I think if/when Carlos goes, a ton of people here are going to be disappointed in the package.

i dont see why like others have pointed out Viciedo can fill in his spot like nothing ever changed and if we can get a prospect or two then why not do it to fill other voids on the team, especially if KW doesnt believe this team can do it this year....hell even if they win the division we wont get out of the first round with this lineup

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
I think if/when Carlos goes, a ton of people here are going to be disappointed in the package.

If it's some top prospects from the Braves or Phillies, I won't. Especially now that they should be bidding against each other and Q is the best bat on the market.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
Cowley is usually good with this stuff, whether we like him or not. S***'s about to go down.

He knows when things are about to happen, not actual deals.

But yes.

s*** is going down.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
If it's some top prospects from the Braves or Phillies, I won't. Especially now that they should be bidding against each other and Q is the best bat on the market.

He knows when things are about to happen, not actual deals.

But yes.

s*** is going down.

That's what I mean. He doesn't know who is involved and all that, but he knows when things are about to happen. He knew the Sox were going to add a strange name last year, and he was right (Manny).

If kenny feels like theres no hope for this team, then he doesnt think this team is a winner. Good luck trying to re-sign Buehrle with that attitude, why would he want to come back to a team like this.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
If kenny feels like theres no hope for this team, then he doesnt think this team is a winner. Good luck trying to re-sign Buehrle with that attitude, why would he want to come back to a team like this.

If they lose Buehrle, fine. As a matter of fact, if he doesn't like this, then trade his a** now too. He could bring something good back. His ERA has been dropping at a nice pace.

I'd rather have Danks for the next 4-6 years anyhow.

This might not be the worst thing if some of these moves go down. The Sox can learn from the 09 Cubs. That team was supposed to cruise to the NL Central Crown but like this year's Sox just never got it going. I think they still won somewhere around 83-84 games but THAT was the year they should've unloaded some of their bigger guys and they would've got better value and at the very least been on track to compete again sooner than what they are now. Instead they got very little for Lee and Lilly last year, Zambrano could've been moved then...not now, could've also tried to move a handful of other guys and gotten something in return or been further along in the rebuild.

Sox have some older guys now (PK, AJ), guys not as good as they once were (Rios, Dunn, Peavy, Floyd) and a minor league system that from all accounts is very thin. This team might be "Cubs" worse in the next 1-2 years if they don't free up some money, move some bad money and improve the system.

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)

Because Kenny never goes into any year thinking we'll lose.

Even rebuilding, he won't.

And depending on our rotation next year, as long as we have any type of offense, we'll be set.

And the Cardinals won't be able to sign him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)

I'm fine with it too, but I think everyone is expecting a bigger package than I feel we will get back.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
Because Kenny never goes into any year thinking we'll lose.

Even rebuilding, he won't.

And depending on our rotation next year, as long as we have any type of offense, we'll be set.

And the Cardinals won't be able to sign him.

Will KC?

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Cowleys tweets make KW sound depressed as s***.

Idk if anyone else picks up on that mood

FWIW, Williams and Cowley aren't friends. They aren't even close to liking each other, so maybe that's where that "depressed as s***" feel comes from.