How bad is Alex Rios on the suck-o-meter?

sin city sox fan

Rank Alex Rios on the suck-o-meter  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Alex Rios

• sucks
    • really sucks
    • really really sucks
    • really really really sucks
    • sucks more than Monica Lewinsky

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:10 AM)
He sucks, but not as bad as Dunn...

Morel is never going to stick while hitting the ball so anemically he makes Chris Snopek or Greg Norton look like Robin Ventura.

And Gordon Beckham still can't drive a fastball to save his life.

Beckham also bats like Rios now.

How a young guy with talent can be so stupid to have that batting stance is beyond me.

The approaches/stances of Rios, Lillibridge, Beckham and Dunn are truly laughable. Greg Walker should at the least put together a lowlight film to show each of them and say, 'You are big leaguers so you probably won't listen to me, but at least realize your batting stances give you absolutely no chance to hit the ball and you are laughingstocks of every pitching staff in the league.'

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
Rios is a 51 on the suck-o-meter. Out of 10.

O/U on the number of HR's he hits the rest of the year: 0.5?

Over. He'll run into one at some point.

I think Rios is a huge POS, but what I think it really goes to show is that there are so many talented hitters on this team severely underachieving this year. At some point in time, this has less to do with work ethic and the players and some mythical "tip your hat" attitude and the depression of offensive statistics around the league and much more to do with the coaching and preparation of these hitters. I did feel that this was a good offensive club coming into the year, but there were some obvious question marks throughout the lineup. However, there simply should not be this many blackholes throughout the lineup.

Ozzie's insistence on playing Rios and Dunn (and I still love Dunn and I still think he'll end up hitting around 120 homers with the Sox) and the refusal to make a coaching change (even if simply to make a change) really goes to show how inept this organization is right now. It's like their going straight towards a cliff, and rather than do something to try and turn it around or veer away from it, they're going straight ahead, down the cliff.

I have no doubt they'll stagnate over the next month and a half, hover around .500 the entire time, and by the time they are essentially eliminated (though not mathematically), they'll start playing .700 ball over a 2-3 week period, finishing up with about 84 wins and 3 games out so it'll look close but in all actuality was never close to begin with.

But not drawn and quartered....that's good.

Maybe we can give him the Scarlett "A" for Alex on his White Sox jersey, since Konerko won't wear his "C" captain one.

You know....I was thinking they should have Dunn, Rios and Beckham on the Dr. Phil Show with KW, Oney, Ozzie and Teahen. That would be the most anticipated and highly-rated Sox broadcast of the entire season. PROACTIV solutions would be there as the title sponsor with Jessica Simpson or someone of her ilk (NSS will respond that I should have included Bieber, Ozzie/Sharon Osbourne or Paco Martin on the panel).

And exactly how many seconds would elapse before someone went after Oney with a chair? Hopefully security would let them get 2-3 good whacks in first. And then the mano-a-mano Guillen-KW bout would be the main event after the undercard.

Edited by caulfield12

Since the All Star break of 2010, here are Alex Rios's numbers in 165 games:

143-628 (.228 avg)

25 doubles, 2 triples, 12 homers, 77 runs, 63 rbi's

He could be the lone reason for Kenny Williams losing his job. But there are so many other reasons.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
Since the All Star break of 2010, here are Alex Rios's numbers in 165 games:

143-628 (.228 avg)

25 doubles, 2 triples, 12 homers, 77 runs, 63 rbi's

He could be the lone reason for Kenny Williams losing his job. But there are so many other reasons.

433 OPS on the road, 388 on turf (where he should be at his best)

QUOTE (since56 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
I can live with a guy who gives 100% [Juan Pierre] but just can't get it done. Rios is some kind of prima dona who should be tarred & feathered and walked through the south side on his way out of town!

And if you want proof that the Sox fanbase (at least on Soxtalk) is relatively fair, notice how little you see Pierre "savaged" now that he's been playing better.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
But not drawn and quartered....that's good.

Maybe we can give him the Scarlett "A" for Alex on his White Sox jersey, since Konerko won't wear his "C" captain one.

You know....I was thinking they should have Dunn, Rios and Beckham on the Dr. Phil Show with KW, Oney, Ozzie and Teahen. That would be the most anticipated and highly-rated Sox broadcast of the entire season. PROACTIV solutions would be there as the title sponsor with Jessica Simpson or someone of her ilk (NSS will respond that I should have included Bieber, Ozzie/Sharon Osbourne or Paco Martin on the panel).

And exactly how many seconds would elapse before someone went after Oney with a chair? Hopefully security would let them get 2-3 good whacks in first. And then the mano-a-mano Guillen-KW bout would be the main event after the undercard.

Its just possible you may have too much time on your hands.