8/27 GT - SOX @ M's - 9:10pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate west coast games. And even moreso when it is a saturday game and it is still on at 9 PM.

I read somewhere that Pineda has had a 6+ ERA since the beginning of July, hopefully Dayan gets some good ABs and Dunn continues to sit

Well, I am waiting and I will see tonights game adn tomorrows also as it is on the Fox NW (ROOT) channel which we get. Loved Lilli last night. The kid is really somethig. Can't help but cheer for him everytime he comes up. Hoe to see Viciedo in both games. Maybe he plays 1B?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
Well, I am waiting and I will see tonights game adn tomorrows also as it is on the Fox NW (ROOT) channel which we get. Loved Lilli last night. The kid is really somethig. Can't help but cheer for him everytime he comes up. Hoe to see Viciedo in both games. Maybe he plays 1B?

Lilli really crushed that one. We were sitting out by the Sox bullpen and had a nice viewpoint of the ball sailing well over the wall. It was especially nice for him hitting what turned out to be the game winner in Safeco since he loves playing here having grown up in the area.

My daughter got Will Ohman's autograph, her first White Sox autograph. She was excited about that. My first Sox autograph was either Tommy McCraw or Ron Hansen....can't remember which one. :gosox1:

Tonight we get Larry Bernandez Bobbleheads. Woot.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
Lilli really crushed that one. We were sitting out by the Sox bullpen and had a nice viewpoint of the ball sailing well over the wall. It was especially nice for him hitting what turned out to be the game winner in Safeco since he loves playing here having grown up in the area.

My daughter got Will Ohman's autograph, her first White Sox autograph. She was excited about that. My first Sox autograph was either Tommy McCraw or Ron Hansen....can't remember which one. :gosox1:

Good for you guys! Glad to hear that kind of stuff.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 02:24 AM)
9PM start on a Saturday? And no WGN? Damnit. I wanted to see Viciedo's debut!

Viciedo's played a little bit last year. 104 ABs, 5HRs, 13rbis, .308ave, .321 obp...not too bad. Hopefully he stays on the roster for this year and each year forward.

Not sure if he is playing tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Viciedo's played a little bit last year. 104 ABs, 5HRs, 13rbis, .308ave, .321 obp...not too bad. Hopefully he stays on the roster for this year and each year forward.

Not sure if he is playing tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh trust me, I know he played last year, I just meant his 2011 debut.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)

My first autograph was Bucky Dent. It was at a restaurant after a game. I was really a shy little kid, but I went up to him anyway and they guy couldn't have been any nicer. I'll never forget it.

QUOTE (onedude @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
wasn't he looking like he would make the roster in spring training until he got hurt? I don't remember how he was doing at the time.

Really, no he wasn't going to make the roster unless Quentin, Pierre, or Konerko got hurt in the spring.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
The Sox will probably make a nice little run in Sept. Finish a few games over .500, wind up in 2nd place, and 5 years from now KW and Ozzie backers will bring up 2011 as a successful season.

Five years? Scott Merkin has already begun writing his fluff piece.