2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
I'm wondering who Cowley is referring to who was in a "6-month slump" that we rewarded.

I'm assuming he's talking about any one of Rios/Peavy/Dunn, regardless of the situations being entirely different.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Soxtalk at it again.

Treating one of our very own like a cheap prostitute.

2005, anyone?

Go, JD.

I'll always be thankful for you ending our 95-year title drought.

I surveyed 100 people in Kansas City, & 95 of them thought JD was a great guy and should still be on the White Sox.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Soxtalk at it again.

2005, anyone?

Go, JD.

I refuse to look at JD in association with Crowley. I refuse to look at anything in association with Crowley. I would be happy if Soxtalk would just ignore his ass. Is there an "ignore all posts that mention Crowley" function? No offense to anyone on Soxtalk, just sick of his attitude. I already unfollowed him years ago. I do not buy anything Suntimes and I turn off the Score if he is on. Go away Joe.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Soxtalk at it again.

2005, anyone?

Go, JD.

Jordan4Life writes a poem

like Soxtalk fully owes him

He writes so sincere

Yet it's merely a sneer

Cuz he knows that Greg775 just owns him

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 12:59 AM)
I surveyed 100 people in Kansas City, & 95 of them thought JD was a great guy and should still be on the White Sox.

Royals fans I talk to are amazed at the Quentin trade. They see it as a real player dealt for 2 lousy prospects.

I don't know why you guys don't care to know the perception of the White Sox in Kansas City.

The Sox are currently seen as a joke. The Quentin trade is the latest head-scratcher. I had several people ask me if Sox fans were furious. I said, "Not the ones I know. They love the trade. They hate Quentin and love whenever we get guys with no track record. Our fans love the unknown."

They are AMAZED we gave Quentin away for nothing.

They asked me if I was upset at the trade. I said of course I was.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Royals fans I talk to are amazed at the Quentin trade. They see it as a real player dealt for 2 lousy prospects.

I don't know why you guys don't care to know the perception of the White Sox in Kansas City.

The Sox are currently seen as a joke. The Quentin trade is the latest head-scratcher. I had several people ask me if Sox fans were furious. I said, "Not the ones I know. They love the trade. They hate Quentin and love whenever we get guys with no track record. Our fans love the unknown."

Lol your perception of reality is just terrible.

I know it's only January 3rd. But I nominate this for worst post of 2012. I don't even need to wait the remaining 362 days to see if somebody tops this one.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 05:11 AM)
Lol your perception of reality is just terrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 05:13 AM)
I know it's only January 3rd. But I nominate this for worst post of 2012. I don't even need to wait the remaining 362 days to see if somebody tops this one.

I'm just telling you guys what they are saying in Kansas City, uh, another fan base of a team in our division. Don't shoot the messenger.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)

I don't know, I think it is brilliant. :D

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

And the Royals fans know good teams...?

Greg, I swear to God, next time I'm in Lawrence you and I are surveying everything with a heartbeat.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
Greg will get the last laugh when he reveals that he's been trolling on this board for the past 9 years.

That would be some deep undercover FBI trolling! I don't mind the Quentin trade. Castro looks like he could have a bright future if the Sox especially if it is true that they see something mechanical.

Mr. Crowley

Please delete your twitter posts

Mr. Crowley

They're moronic of course

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
Logan Morrison

@LoMoMarlins

Following

I really hope Ozzies on-field instructions r easier 2 understand than his tweets. I literally have no idea what this dude is talking about..

OzzieGuillen Ozzie Guillen

O Junior still care about soxs players cut the crab lol lol u are a fish now

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

OzzieGuillen Ozzie Guillen

They tread u like pupu

3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I'm guessing most people you talked to have no perception of the value of a baseball player.

With regards to the scouting community, Carlos Quentin has exactly 1 good tool, and that is his power. If he hits .280, he can be a legit MVP candidate. But, as is usually the case, he will hit anywhere between .230-.250, his power numbers will suffer as a result, and he'll put up an .850 OPS at best, which is good before you consider his mediocre arm, bad defense, and oft-injured nature. On top of that, he's going to make anywhere probably $7 or $8 mill this year and then he's a free agent, so he either gets really expensive or he gets really injured, and the Sox end up with nothing either way.

I bet Viciedo has a better WAR than Quentin this year. I'm actually quite confident he will.

**For clarification purposes, Quentin was and still will be a player I enjoy to watch hit, especially when he is going good. I'm also not crazy about the trade. At the end of the day, it's hard to complain about it because you can't ask for much more than two live arms considering the total value of Quentin. They could have tried to deal him midseason, but it's just as likely that he gets hurt for a period of time and you are lucky to get 1 of those arms for him.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
Logan Morrison

@LoMoMarlins

Following

I really hope Ozzies on-field instructions r easier 2 understand than his tweets. I literally have no idea what this dude is talking about..

I have a feeling @LoMoMarlins will be a solid follow during the season just for his Ozzie comments.