2011-12 White Sox off season catch all thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
So who will be the first Sox player to rock this song? I figured the obvious answer would be Teahen, but he is not here.

My money is on Lillibridge. Maybe Adam Dunn, but I doubt he will stray from a country song.

PS: I did you all a favor by not posting the music video version. Trust me, you DO NOT want to see the music video.......

...but now you're curious! Haha, suckers.

Yeah, hasn't everyone seen this video?

And my guess is Lillibridge and maybe Beckham if he hits.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
Posted for no other reason than we know the Sox have had interest in the recent past.

ChiTribRogers Phil Rogers

Coco Crisp, rumored to be signing soon, fits w/#whitesox, who spent weekend clearing salary. Does KW trust Alejandro de Aza?

Kenny has been on record that he does like De Aza to play every day, but it's up to Ventura of where he plays and what spot in the lineup.

Pretty obvious De Aza will be leading off and playing CF on opening day.

I'd say the Sox are in need of a lefty bat off the bench that can play a little 3B. Uh, who is the back up at 3B? Personally, I'd like Tyler Kuhn to have a spot on the roster. He can play anywhere, pinch run, pinch hit, and give a guy a day off here and there.

Possible lineup if you think Dunn bounces back:

1 De Aza

2 Ramirez

3 Dunn

4 Konerko

5 Viciedo

6 Rios

7 Pierzynski

8 Beckham

9 Morel

I'm not sure which OF I like best:

LF De Aza

CF Rios

RF Viciedo

LF Viciedo

CF De Aza

RF Rios

LF Rios

CF De Aza

RF Viciedo

Ironically, based on skillset alone (De Aza being the rangeist, Viciedo having the best arm, and Rios having an 'okay' version of each), the third option is probably the best defensive OF of the bunch, and yet is probably the least likely to occur. The only way it doesn't make sense is if you think Rios' lack of experience in LF will make him significantly worse there.

I think it will be:

De Aza CF

Ramirez SS

Konerko 1B

Dunn DH

Rios LF

Viciedo RF

Pierzynski C

Morel 3B

Beckham 2B

L-R-R-L-R-R-L-R-R

That's best case scenario with Dunn and Rios doing ok.

By the way, when the Sox brought Beckham up in 2009, do you think they probably had him penciled in as a 3-hole hitter by 2012? Kinda sad he's a 9-hole hitter still.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I think it will be:

De Aza CF

Ramirez SS

Konerko 1B

Dunn DH

Rios LF

Viciedo RF

Pierzynski C

Morel 3B

Beckham 2B

L-R-R-L-R-R-L-R-R

That's best case scenario with Dunn and Rios doing ok.

By the way, when the Sox brought Beckham up in 2009, do you think they probably had him penciled in as a 3-hole hitter by 2012? Kinda sad he's a 9-hole hitter still.

If you buy into Tango's lineup research from The Book, Dunn makes more sense in the three hole and Konerko in the four hole. High K, high HR, high walk guys are perfect in the three hole because they see more double play situations than anyone else. Also, according to linear weights, doubles and homers tend to be more valuable in the fourth hole, so your better hitter should go there.

Also, that gets us LRLR for the first four hitters, which is nice too.

Edit: also, stolen bases play best in the 6th spot because of the tendency for 7/8/9 hitters to be singles guys. So I like Rios in the 6 hole as opposed to Viciedo.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
If you buy into Tango's lineup research from The Book, Dunn makes more sense in the three hole and Konerko in the four hole. High K, high HR, high walk guys are perfect in the three hole because they see more double play situations than anyone else. Also, according to linear weights, doubles and homers tend to be more valuable in the fourth hole, so your better hitter should go there.

Also, that gets us LRLR for the first four hitters, which is nice too.

Edit: also, stolen bases play best in the 6th spot because of the tendency for 7/8/9 hitters to be singles guys. So I like Rios in the 6 hole as opposed to Viciedo.

Assuming Rios gets on base at anything close to his clip the first 2-3 months of 2010.

Otherwise, he belongs in the bottom 3 until proven otherwise.

If he is super-hot, he might be moved up in the 1-2-3 spot, depending on Dunn's eventual fate.

You could actually legitimately argue Morel deserves 6 over Rios/Viciedo based on the final six weeks of the season, but we'll see if that ending translates into early 2012 play.

I think Rios belongs in LF. Watching him play CF last year made my eyes hurt. De Aza did a pretty solid job out there. He won't be the best CF in the league but he definitley wouldn't be the worst and it would be an upgrade over Rios IMO. Rios looked good in 2010, can he get back to that? If the answer is no- than move him to LF.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
Cowley is being a big doucher on twitter right now. Trying to start s*** between Garfien, Jermiane Dye, and the White Sox.

What's the gist of it? China has twitter/FB/youtube blocked, so just curious.

About the time that Rios was acquired in 2009 and the writing was on the wall as far as JD's future?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
What's the gist of it? China has twitter/FB/youtube blocked, so just curious.

About the time that Rios was acquired in 2009 and the writing was on the wall as far as JD's future?

Garfien asked if JD was going to Soxfest this year to join the other '05 WS players.

Cowley then butted in saying "Can't wait to see which leg Garfien will be humping. I'm guessing Cotts, just from the handsome factor." and tweeted it to Chuck and JD.

Then he said "They didn't want Jermaine after a three-month slump, so Jermaine should say F-em." and " Now, they allow six-month slumps and pay well for it.", also both of those tweeted to Chuck and JD.

Those last two tweets, Dye "retweeted", which basically means he agrees with it that he should say "f*** em" to the Sox. JD then tweeted Garfien saying he is not coming to Soxfest.....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
Garfien asked if JD was going to Soxfest this year to join the other '05 WS players.

Cowley then butted in saying "Can't wait to see which leg Garfien will be humping. I'm guessing Cotts, just from the handsome factor." and tweeted it to Chuck and JD.

Then he said "They didn't want Jermaine after a three-month slump, so Jermaine should say F-em." and " Now, they allow six-month slumps and pay well for it.", also both of those tweeted to Chuck and JD.

Those last two tweets, Dye "retweeted", which basically means he agrees with it that he should say "f*** em" to the Sox. JD then tweeted Garfien saying he is not coming to Soxfest.....

Well f*** JD too then. He can just go play with his current team...oh wait, no one wanted him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 3, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
Soxtalk at it again.

Treating one of our very own like a cheap prostitute.

2005, anyone?

Go, JD.

I'll always be thankful for you ending our 95-year title drought.

I dont agree with this post lol! blah blah blah lol!

Edited by bigruss22