2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 10, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
MLB's Rules Committee has approved a proposal to make the "fake the throw to third, then throw to first" pickoff play a balk.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/...-3rd-trick-move

I think the only pitcher I've ever seen have repeated success at that was Black Jack McDowell.

The cub/Sox game when it worked and killed a cub rally was great. Grace or sosa were victimized.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 10, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Some team needs to remind them of who they really are; they are who we thought they were!

Well Texas outscored them 24-6 in the first 2 games of the series, so that's a start.

I'm going to laugh when the Red Sox fire Bobby Valentine at the end of the season proving once and for all that the inmates are running the asylum in Boston. You just look at how the veterans on that team act and you can tell that Valentine is getting absolutely no respect.

Cherington hired him, so the best thing he could do to show the players that he has his manager's back would be to trade a veteran. Sooo he can just flip Youkilis to the Sox for Morel and Stewart and we'll call it even, and then those players in Boston will REALLY know whose boss.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:59 PM)
I'm going to laugh when the Red Sox fire Bobby Valentine at the end of the season proving once and for all that the inmates are running the asylum in Boston. You just look at how the veterans on that team act and you can tell that Valentine is getting absolutely no respect.

Cherington hired him, so the best thing he could do to show the players that he has his manager's back would be to trade a veteran. Sooo he can just flip Youkilis to the Sox for Morel and Stewart and we'll call it even, and then those players in Boston will REALLY know whose boss.

Couldn't agree more.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 9, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
There isn't a player I dislike more than Josh Hamilton. He is really damn good at hitting baseballs though.

Read his book and then tell me what youre level of dislike is...Only book ive read cover to cover multiple times...Hes hands down my fav none Sox player.

BTW I'm just now noticing how turrable my sig is...somewhere between photoshop, photobucket, and here the sox logo in the middle vanished....sorry you guys gotta see that every time i post lol

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

FWIW, Cherington wanted Sveum, or was seriously considering him.

John Henry and the partners/board are the ones who took an opposite tack and imposed the "hard core/old style" baseball guy on the new GM (who didn't have much leg room to fight back) in order to reinstill discipline and accountability.

Dating back to last season, Boston is 20-40 in their last 60 games. And I really don't think they're very good this year either. Probably above .500, but I don't think it'll be by much.

In fact, they sorta remind me of the Mets from a few years back.

It just feels like it's going to be a weird year in baseball all year. And I like it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
Dating back to last season, Boston is 20-40 in their last 60 games. And I really don't think they're very good this year either. Probably above .500, but I don't think it'll be by much.

In fact, they sorta remind me of the Mets from a few years back.

It just feels like it's going to be a weird year in baseball all year. And I like it.

I'm calling it, NYY and BOS won't make playoffs.

First Fried Chicken-gate, now golf-gate. Watching the Red Sox implode is just an absolute joy to watch, probably more than any other team. Now we know why Theo was so ready to jump to Chicago. (although part of it is his fault)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
Brewers season looks to be going down in flames. Their bullpen is terrible, and nothing in the minors to help support them with all of these injuries.

And there goes Axford's save streak after a blown call at first base. Brewers defense is just horrific.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Beltran with a triple and two more HRs tonight. Lose the greatest hitter of a generation? No problem. We'll still be better than when we had him.

Beltran has more HR than Pujols has RBI

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Brewers season looks to be going down in flames. Their bullpen is terrible, and nothing in the minors to help support them with all of these injuries.

During tonight's broadcast, they mentioned that the Brewers were also 13-19 last year. From that point on, they had the best record in baseball & won the division. Granted, that was with Prince Fielder, but just sayin.