2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Closer madness continues: David Robertson to the DL with an oblique strain

I wonder if he is one of those guys that can't pitch in the 9th himself, or if this oblique issue came up concurrently with him sort of moving into that role...guy has been lights-out for 2 years now basically and as soon as he moves into the closer role he s***s the bed and then goes down with an oblique...

Looks like it was going to be Soriano going forward regardless of the injury to Robertson.

per Rotoworld: Stephen Stasburg was bothered by stray Hot Stuff in his groin during Tuesday's loss to the Padres.

Hot Stuff is an analgesic ointment like Icy-Hot that is often used as a muscle-loosener. But it can cause quite a bit of pain when applied to ... more sensitive skin. "I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced," manager Davey Johnson said. "It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least." Strasburg allowed four runs in four innings.

LMAO!

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 15, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
per Rotoworld: Stephen Stasburg was bothered by stray Hot Stuff in his groin during Tuesday's loss to the Padres.

Hot Stuff is an analgesic ointment like Icy-Hot that is often used as a muscle-loosener. But it can cause quite a bit of pain when applied to ... more sensitive skin. "I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced," manager Davey Johnson said. "It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least." Strasburg allowed four runs in four innings.

LMAO!

I am assuming they won the game or else they wouldn't be laughing about this?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 15, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
Nope, they got smoked 6-1

Wow, seems stupid to admit that then...were they implying that he was the victim of a practical joke or that this just happened accidentally?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 15, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
Wow, seems stupid to admit that then...were they implying that he was the victim of a practical joke or that this just happened accidentally?

Had to be an accident. No way that happens as a joke to that day's starting pitcher.

Eh, it's a long season. It wouldn't be a practical joke, but when funny s*** happens, you have to laugh. It's early in the season, the Nats aren't in a free fall, and they've played pretty well all year. Laugh it up and take the field tomorrow.

Brett Lawrie ejected for arguing call, throws his helmet and it richochets up and nails the umpire. Im guessing he will be sitting out for a few

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7936517/...et-gets-ejected

Pujols claims his first victim in Anaheim, Mickey Hatcher loses his job as hitting coach

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_...-mickey-hatcher

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 16, 2012 -> 07:59 AM)
That looked like a pretty terrible call

Tough for me to tell, it kind of looked like a change that floated back towards the middle of the plate

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Both of them were horrendous calls. I'd have flipped, too.

I would have as well. But then again, I hate umpires trying to make a point. Your job is to call balls and strikes, not enforce yourself into the game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Isnt contact with an umpire an automatic 5 game suspension or something?

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be sitting for a while, and should be.

But enough of this "old school" umps with huge ego crap who don't want players to 'show them up' by assuming a pitch a foot off the plate is a ball and then making a vindictive call against them on the next pitch.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
Brett Lawrie ejected for arguing call, throws his helmet and it richochets up and nails the umpire. Im guessing he will be sitting out for a few

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7936517/...et-gets-ejected

This kid is good, but he is also a proven tool box. Hope he gets a reality check.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 16, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
I would have as well. But then again, I hate umpires trying to make a point. Your job is to call balls and strikes, not enforce yourself into the game.

Three baseball umpires are having lunch together. The first umpire says "Well, a lot of them are balls, and a lot of them are strikes, but I always call 'em as I see 'em."

The second umpire says "Hmph. I call 'em as they are."

The third umpire slowly looks at his two colleagues and declares "They ain't nothin' until I call 'em."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 16, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Yeah, I'm sure he'll be sitting for a while, and should be.

But enough of this "old school" umps with huge ego crap who don't want players to 'show them up' by assuming a pitch a foot off the plate is a ball and then making a vindictive call against them on the next pitch.

Remember...if MLB disciplines an ump, it's not something we hear about publicly.