2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 10:21 AM)
So Brett Lawrie is all the way down to a .690 OPS? Man, I figured he would flat-out rake all season.

He doesn't walk.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Adrian Gonzalez will start in RF today to try to solve the Red Sox's outfield woes, while getting Youkilis in the lineup (1B) and keeping Middlebrooks in the lineup (3B).

They also called up Podsednik.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Adrian Gonzalez will start in RF today to try to solve the Red Sox's outfield woes, while getting Youkilis in the lineup (1B) and keeping Middlebrooks in the lineup (3B).

Lol, that'll work out great.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)

Makes me feel better about accepting a Gonazlez, Ortiz, Cliff Lee, and Matt Joyce for my Miguel Carbrera and Cargo trade just yesterday in my money league. Now Poppy has to gain 1b eligibility and my lineup will be set.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
After seeing the quality numbers that Jed Lowrie is putting up this year, it sure seems like the Astros got more value for Melancon than we did for Santos.

Well that remains to be seen...let's give it a bit more time and see what Molina does in the future...

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
After seeing the quality numbers that Jed Lowrie is putting up this year, it sure seems like the Astros got more value for Melancon than we did for Santos.

LOL. On one side you have a 28-year old who already had 800 ML at-bats, compared with a 23 year old pitcher in the minors who was converted from an infielder. Might as well just cut Molina already, no point in letting him develop.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
LOL. On one side you have a 28-year old who already had 800 ML at-bats, compared with a 23 year old pitcher in the minors who was converted from an infielder. Might as well just cut Molina already, no point in letting him develop.

Yeah, I don't get how you can compare a major league IF to a mid-minor league level starter already. We haven't even seen what Molina can do yet.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Yeah, I don't get how you can compare a major league IF to a mid-minor league level starter already. We haven't even seen what Molina can do yet.

Molina hasn't been incredible at AA and every player in MLB is constantly defined by what they did last time out. It's the normal game thread ethos.

That's why, within a week, Zach Stewart has been an ace, a bum who should be released, and a guy who should get Floyd's spot in the starting rotation because Floyd's a bum.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
Molina hasn't been incredible at AA and every player in MLB is constantly defined by what they did last time out. It's the normal game thread ethos.

Molina's been pretty awful so far this year, and based on everything KW said when he was acquired, you'd have to believe the Sox are disappointed in his performance so far this year. Thing is, it's not even just about Lowrie, but that Astros also got Weiland in the deal. Weren't you one of the posters that thought KW should have gotten another piece to go along with Molina for Santos?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Molina's been pretty awful so far this year, and based on everything KW said when he was acquired, you'd have to believe the Sox are disappointed in his performance so far this year. Thing is, it's not even just about Lowrie, but that Astros also got Weiland in the deal. Weren't you one of the posters that thought KW should have gotten another piece to go along with Molina for Santos?

Yes, and that still doesn't make your comparison any less silly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
Yes, and that still doesn't make your comparison any less silly.

And I'd still take Travis Wood over Molina :)

Something Molina really needs to improve upon as the season goes on is his performance against lefties. Lefties are hitting over .400 against him this year. His K/BB ratio is still great though.

Edited by fathom