2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ May 30, 2012 -> 07:52 PM)
Get it all out of your system now Seattle...

Jesus...if you had told me the Rangers and Mariners were playing tonight, and by the 5th inning it would be 17-0, I would have bet anything you had let me on it being the Rangers with the 17 runs....As Tim McCarver would say, truly remarkable.

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/7042...atref=sportsmod

Aroldis Chapman's problems with hotel break-in, speeding, assimilation...

Interesting, Viciedo's the age roughly, and yet no problems (knock on wood) with him so far.

And yet when we read all the scouting reports about Viciedo back when he was 16-17-18 and playing professionally in Cuba, he definitely had lots of red flags and concerns about his character, worth ethic, attitude, etc.

With the exceptions of Swisher, Cabrera and Javy, we've been pretty lucky over the last decade plus.

What is wrong with some people?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7990511/...t-hate-messages

Jonathan Lucroy says wife a target

Updated: May 30, 2012, 10:20 PM ET

Milwaukee Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy told Milwaukee radio station WSSP-AM 1250 on Wednesday that his wife has received hateful messages on Facebook since he broke his hand in a hotel room accident Sunday night.

Lucroy said he was hurt while reaching under the bed for a sock while his wife, Sarah, shifted a suitcase that fell and struck his right hand, fracturing the fifth metacarpal.

In the WSSP interview, the catcher said he was upset at both the injury and the treatment of his wife on Facebook since it happened.

"It's tough for me, because this is already a freak thing as it is," Lucroy told the radio station. "My wife has been getting hate mail on her Facebook, like, messages and stuff. It's really sad that these kinds of things happen from a freak thing. I mean, she didn't do it on purpose. It was an accident. Stranger things have happened.

"It's been a battle for me, personally, because there's no one to blame, and my wife is getting killed by this. It's not like she's not hurt enough already, not feeling guilty enough already. I really wish people would just leave her alone, leave us alone, just let us try to move forward, and get this behind us, because this has been a brutal couple of days."

Lucroy was placed on the 15-day disabled list Monday.

The Brewers initially thought the injury would heal on its own, but Lucroy told WSSP on Wednesday he will have surgery on it Thursday. Lucroy said doctors will insert a pin into his hand that will hold two segments of bone together.

"The more correctly aligned they are, the better my grip strength will be whenever they heal up," Lucroy told the station.

The timetable for Lucroy's return remains six weeks. He had a major league-leading .514 batting average with runners in scoring position.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/artic...or&c_id=tor

Morrow OK after taking liner to right leg

By Gregor Chisholm / MLB.com | 05/31/12 12:08 AM ET

TORONTO -- The Blue Jays narrowly avoided a devastating injury on Wednesday night, when after taking a batted ball off his right shin, Brandon Morrow came away with only a contusion.

Morrow sustained the injury during the seventh inning of a 4-1 victory over the Orioles, and things originally appeared much worse. The right-hander was struck by a line drive off the bat of Wilson Betemit, and his right foot immediately went numb.

He feared the worst, that his leg might have been broken, but X-rays came back negative, and he is listed as day to day.

play video

"It hurt a lot, my foot was numb, and then it felt like it was swelling up," said Morrow, who allowed just one run in 6 1/3 innings and earned the win. "I guess there's a nerve in there that it hit or something, but luckily it hit the muscle on the side of my shin. An inch or an inch and a half over, and it could have been a different story."

Morrow isn't scheduled to pitch again until Wednesday because of a pair of looming off-days. The extra rest normally would be a nuisance for a pitcher looking to stay on a regular schedule, but in this case the added time should be enough to prevent Morrow from missing an outing.

" just got done icing it, and it's feeling OK now," he said. "The more I walk on it, the better it feels.

"I'm standing and moving around on it OK. [it's] just a bruise, so we'll just keep working on it and should be all right. Those two days off in between helps out a lot."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Matt Kemp says he expects to be back on the DL once again with his nagging hamstring, and this time, could be out a month. #Dodgers #MLB

That was quite the awesome bat-breaking meltdown in the locker room after he left the game.

Rumors that the Rangers may move Feliz back to the bullpen when he comes off the DL. Other than Darvish, that rotation has struggled recently & Oswalt may not be the answer. But a bullpen of Adams/Uehara/Ogando/Feliz/Nathan? That is incredible. The starters barely need to go 5 innings.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 31, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
Rumors that the Rangers may move Feliz back to the bullpen when he comes off the DL. Other than Darvish, that rotation has struggled recently & Oswalt may not be the answer. But a bullpen of Adams/Uehara/Ogando/Feliz/Nathan? That is incredible. The starters barely need to go 5 innings.

Sheesh, that would be a bullpen for the ages. You got 3 guys in there that have made all-star games as relievers before.

A rotation of Darvish, Lewis, Holland, Oswalt, and Harrison isn't all that bad. Not with the offense they have.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2012 -> 01:09 PM)
If anyone is following the Clemens trial, this guy is all over it

https://twitter.com/#!/jimbaumbach

The most interesting tweet of the day is that apparently Phil Garner had two members of the 2001/2 Tigers admit to steroid usage. He also outlines how common things like B12 shots were.

B12 shots or "B12 shots"?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Carlos Gonzalez was traded twice. I repeat: Carlos Gonzalez has been traded twice.

What an insane run he is on...6 homers in 5 games now...3 yesterday, 1 in his first ab today, also has a double and walk...