2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Carlos Gonzalez was traded twice. I repeat: Carlos Gonzalez has been traded twice.

Gio Gonzalez has been traded 4 times. What's your point?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
No Carlos Lee next weekend. DL.

Brett Wallace up.

Just kinda feels like things are falling the Sox way this year.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt know where else to put this..does anyone where and how much it cost to take off the name and number off an authentic mlb jersey? i have a quentin one and wanted to switch it to ventura or something.thanks

Oh and just for fun. Here's the playoffs if they started today...

White Sox vs. Rays

Yankees/Orioles vs. Rangers

Reds vs. Nationals

Giants/Marlins vs. Dodgers

I gotta admit, the Wild Card Play-In-Game's as the teams are constructed right now, would be pretty great. (By the Way does the Play-In game have a name yet? Is it just like "Wildcard Game" or something like that)

ESPN's Curt Schilling (who just lost $50 million) and John Kruk discussed the Rangers and Angels on Baseball Tonight on Sunday evening. Here are some highlights:

On if the Angels can catch the Rangers:

Schilling: “Well, it’s June 3. They’re three games out. Absolutely, they can. They’re three games out with Albert Pujols doing absolutely nothing for the first month of the season. Can they? Yeah. Will they? I don’t think they will. I think the Rangers are so good, so deep. (Yu) Darvish is just getting his feet wet in the big leagues. I think there is room to improve there. One of the X factors for me is Mike Trout. This kid is doing for the Angels a little bit of what Bryce Harper is doing for the Nationals. The energy. He could be a guy that could change some things a little differently going down late in the season.”

Kruk: “They have to get Jared Weaver back quickly and healthy and pitching well. If he comes back too early with the back injury, and he doesn’t perform up to par, that’s going to hurt their chances. You look at teams and how teams can take off after an injury, when Vernon Wells got hurt, all of a sudden Mike Trout gets thrust into the lineup. Peter Bourjos stays in centerfield. Trout in left. Torrii Hunter in right field. There are going to be gold gloves all over that outfield. It made their pitching staff a lot better when Vernon Wells went down because of the speed, but the offense that Mike Trout has brought to this team, the excitement, the energy, you see guys like Albert Pujols now, lighting up after he does something special. When veteran players get excited about a young kid like that, you can’t do nothing but help them.”

http://www.espn.com/mlb

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
Rangers getting spanked around the last couple of games.

FWIW I never thought their starting rotation is GREAT (Darvish is good) and thought they were overachieving much. Are they last season's innings coming to play?

Really the problem has been Holland. Colby Lewis has been good nothing spectacular but mid 3's era, Harrison has a bloated era from 2 bad starts but for most part solid, and Yu has been good probably going to get better. Holland has been sucking though and Feliz got hurt. Be interesting if they put Feliz back in the rotation or bullpen on his return.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
Rangers getting spanked around the last couple of games.

FWIW I never thought their starting rotation is GREAT (Darvish is good) and thought they were overachieving much. Are they last season's innings coming to play?

I always thought the same thing about their rotation, but that's two straight WS trips with those guys. (Now Darvish replaces CJ Wilson) Somehow they got the job done. The lineup and lights out bullpen (other than WS game 6) obviously help.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
I've ran in to him twice in my life. Once at a Sox ST game, and once at the Cubs game last month.

So what you are saying here is that you caused his mild heart attack