2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
Is that legal? Player & ball ended up in HR territory. If you were to to jump the fence & then catch the ball in the stands, would that be an out or a homer?

A part of your body must in the field of play to record an out.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that legal? Player & ball ended up in HR territory. If you were to to jump the fence & then catch the ball in the stands, would that be an out or a homer?

I was thinking the same thing, but the umpire clearly signaled for an out. Maybe as long as you take off in the field of play it's an out.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 27, 2012 -> 10:15 AM)
I was thinking the same thing, but the umpire clearly signaled for an out. Maybe as long as you take off in the field of play it's an out.

No, he probably called it an out because it was such an awesome play.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
FWIW, I love Pods. He was fun to watch play and he was a big part of why our Sox get to wear a ring.

However, I'm not a fan of other teams pulling contributing players out of thin air when my team rarely gets that lucky :D

I don't know they seem to find alot of them. Quintana, Humber, Thornton, Pierzynski, De Aza were all guys released by other teams or were on thier scrap heap. The Sox have a pretty good history of getting production out of players from thin air.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 27, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
I don't know they seem to find alot of them. Quintana, Humber, Thornton, Pierzynski, De Aza were all guys released by other teams or were on thier scrap heap. The Sox have a pretty good history of getting production out of players from thin air.

Not to mention Jenks, Santos and Alexei Ramirez weren't highly coveted. Floyd fits this bill, with his trade value at an all-time low. Loaiza. Contreras, Dye, Pods, Iguchi, etc. Quentin was the classic buy low candidate, an unquestionably talented player trapped by injuries and the depth chart out it AZ.

The $10 million for a 23 year old Viciedo seems like a bargain compared to the $45 million and only 4 years of rights to Cespedes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
So the ESPN play of the day was probably the most awesome catch I have ever seen.

This post sucks. Tell us who it freaking was! I've been trying to find this for 10 minutes, but no one decided to name the freaking player. Geez

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Not to mention Jenks, Santos and Alexei Ramirez weren't highly coveted. Floyd fits this bill, with his trade value at an all-time low. Loaiza. Contreras, Dye, Pods, Iguchi, etc. Quentin was the classic buy low candidate, an unquestionably talented player trapped by injuries and the depth chart out it AZ.

The $10 million for a 23 year old Viciedo seems like a bargain compared to the $45 million and only 4 years of rights to Cespedes.

The A's have 6 years of rights to Cespedes just like any other player. Once the 4 years are up though he's in arbitration for 2 years like any other player would be.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:26 AM)
The A's have 6 years of rights to Cespedes just like any other player. Once the 4 years are up though he's in arbitration for 2 years like any other player would be.

No, his deal specifically stated that he would be granted free agency at the end of his 4 years. Basically, he is treated as a veteran.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
WGN is showing AAA baseball, they have the Padres/Cubs later today.

looks like I'll be watching Ukraine-Estonia soccer on ESPN Deportes until the Rays game then.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 28, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
awesome catch but what kind of s***-ass field has a fence that is like 2ft high?

Seriously, what's up with that fence. Is it because the stadium is so big they put up some little temporary thing? I've never seen anything like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 08:59 PM)
Jared Weaver pulled with a back injury

f*** if I lose another fantasy player for an extended period of time I'm gunna be pissed.

#noonecaresaboutmyfantasyteam

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2012 -> 07:47 AM)
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst

Here's that @MikeandMike trivia: Paul Konerko (400) is one of 4 active players w/ 300+ HR for their current team. Can you name the other 3?

That was one of the easier Jayson Stark trivia questions.