2012 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 16, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
So the Angels fire Micky Hatcher...a beloved figure on that bench. Funny how some organizations are so quick to make changes while others drag their feet.

Hatcher has been Scioscia's hitting coach for as long as Scioscia has been a manager.

IMO this is all Pujols.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 16, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
This kid is good, but he is also a proven tool box. Hope he gets a reality check.

Wow, sounds so much like Patrick Kane. I guess since Lawrie wasn't wasted he doesn't get a free pass from you. A "reality check" is exactly what Patrick Kane needs.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 16, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
Brett Lawrie suspended 4 games. He got off pretty easy.

I bet the umpire acting like a douche made Lawrie's punishment a little bit less severe.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
Wow, sounds so much like Patrick Kane. I guess since Lawrie wasn't wasted he doesn't get a free pass from you. A "reality check" is exactly what Patrick Kane needs.

LMAO

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
I bet the umpire acting like a douche made Lawrie's punishment a little bit less severe.

False, there's a 0% chance his actions had anything to do with how long a suspension is. Plus, calling a pitch a strike in no way warrants hitting or throwing objects towards umpires, period.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)

LOL, I'm on JoeCool's side of the Kaner argument, but this made me laugh.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2012 -> 07:23 AM)
Brett Lawrie ejected for arguing call, throws his helmet and it richochets up and nails the umpire. Im guessing he will be sitting out for a few

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7936517/...et-gets-ejected

Pujols claims his first victim in Anaheim, Mickey Hatcher loses his job as hitting coach

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_...-mickey-hatcher

Tuesday's move reflects a difference of philosophy between previous regimes in Anaheim and Dipoto's increased emphasis on on-base percentage and the incorporation of advanced analytics into the team's approach. Hatcher emphasized an aggressive approach at the plate.

"We've struggled with situational hitting, we've struggled to get on base in ways other than the safely hit ball," Dipoto said. "Good hitters are also patient hitters. This is not necessarily about the individual message as much as the team-wide message we need to stress with our players."

Haven't we been hearing the same type of talk from the White Sox for at least five years now?

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Read his book and then tell me what youre level of dislike is...Only book ive read cover to cover multiple times...Hes hands down my fav none Sox player.

Not doubting that he comes off as likable or sincere in his book, but something about him seems phony to me. I notice it here and there. One example that comes to mind is how he threw his 3rd Base Coach under the bus after a play at the plate where he slid headfirst and ended up getting hurt. Addicts, in general, are excellent liars.

It will be interesting to see how his upcoming free agency plays out.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
Juan Pierre still sucks on defense

That was awesome. How does he still play especially for a team that thinks it has playoff aspirations.

Lawrie should have gotten hammered that was bush. The ump really did strike that night.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 16, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
That was awesome. How does he still play especially for a team that thinks it has playoff aspirations.

Lawrie should have gotten hammered that was bush. The ump really did strike that night.

That call was terrible I would be ok if Lawrie pushed him to the ground..... if you aren't going to call the game right don't be an ump.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 16, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)

Because the Phillies have a lot of injuries and at the moment he is putting up a .340/.387/.379/.766 stat line through 100+ ABs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:13 AM)
I've witnessed enough. If there is a baseball god out there somewhere, he/she is indeed a Rays fan. Fernando Rodney, yes, the Fernando Rodney that has been monkeys*** for years, is suddenly 1992 Dennis Eckersley. 12/12 in save oppos, 6.33 K/BB ratio, 0.857 WHIP.

Rodney has always shown flashes of dominance. His straight change is filthy, if he finally got his velocity back from his arm surgery a few years ago, I can see why he is successful with the Rays

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Rodney has always shown flashes of dominance. His straight change is filthy, if he finally got his velocity back from his arm surgery a few years ago, I can see why he is successful with the Rays

If we or any other team had signed him, it'd be circus music time. Last year it was the awful Kyle Farnworth. This year it's Rodney. They just find badness and make it somehow good.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
If we or any other team had signed him, it'd be circus music time. Last year it was the awful Kyle Farnworth. This year it's Rodney. They just find badness and make it somehow good.

Jim Hickey is a terrific pitching coach. They still got the Zim master lurking down there too.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2012 -> 08:36 AM)
Jim Hickey is a terrific pitching coach. They still got the Zim master lurking down there too.

Also, I think there is something to the no pressure atmosphere there. They're just not expected to win. Even after this great run they've been on. And I just love Joe Maddon. That's a guy that gets it. He has a little old-school in him. But he recognizes that it's a different era and operates (he believes in the numbers) accordingly.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Also, I think there is something to the no pressure atmosphere there. They're just not expected to win. Even after this great run they've been on. And I just love Joe Maddon. That's a guy that gets it. He has a little old-school in him. But he recognizes that it's a different era and operates (he believes in the numbers) accordingly.

AA will be jealous when he reads this

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
AA will be jealous when he reads this

You're thinking Friedman. I've contained my AA love somewhat in the last year or so. You obviously have to win at some point. But he's the new generation type GM (Theo, Friedman, Daniels as well). These guys were all in their late 20's when they started and they realize it's a different time. And they're all fantastic.