Frasor $3.75M Option Picked Up

Marty34

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:07 PM)
I think they do. There was a reason he was one of the first guys up this year. You have Ohman to be the first loogy out of the pen and Santiago the second and long man from the left side.

I firmly believe that almost every player on next years team is already in our system or on our roster.

I tend to agree that the 25 man roster is pretty much in place, but do expect Quentin/Danks or Floyd to be moved. I also don't think Buerhle will be back, but don't think it's out of the question that they surprise me and bring him back.

Do you think Thornton is moved then?

QUOTE (spiderman @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
I tend to agree that the 25 man roster is pretty much in place, but do expect Quentin/Danks or Floyd to be moved. I also don't think Buerhle will be back, but don't think it's out of the question that they surprise me and bring him back.

Do you think Thornton is moved then?

Yes, I think he will be moved for sure. And also one or both of Danks/Floyd. Quentin should also be a goner.

The coaching staff and FO (baseball related) clearly think that the team was good enough to win last season but underperformed due to some circumstances beyond their control. Ozzie and his coaches took alot of that heat and ultimately the fall.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Yes, I think he will be moved for sure. And also one or both of Danks/Floyd. Quentin should also be a goner.

The coaching staff and FO (baseball related) clearly think that the team was good enough to win last season but underperformed due to some circumstances beyond their control. Ozzie and his coaches took alot of that heat and ultimately the fall.

What type of prospects will be received (say Grade A, B, or C)? Do you think the players received will be ready to help the major league team as Williams claims?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
GMAB. Verlander's stuff would play anywhere. And even if he reverted back to '09 numbers he's still by far and away the best pitcher in the central.

But there's a huge difference between "Best pitcher in this division" and "Legitimate MVP candidate". You plug the 2009 Verlander in to that team last year and they would have had a legit battle for the Central most of the year.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
What type of prospects will be received (say Grade A, B, or C)? Do you think the players received will be ready to help the major league team as Williams claims?

I think there's zero chance KW gets back anyone who's both ready to help the major league team and also we'd want on the major league team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
So is there a different word I should use when something I said would happen does? I dont think there were very many other people on here who thought they would pick up that option.

What? No, that was a 'Breaking Bad' reference. "Hector" is a character on the show who could only communicate by ringing a bell. There's a twitter feed for Hector and all it is is "DING DING DING DING" and I discovered and shared it in the TV Thread late last week.

It had nothing to do with your post, and I'd not even made that connection.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
What? No, that was a 'Breaking Bad' reference. "Hector" is a character on the show who could only communicate by ringing a bell. There's a twitter feed for Hector and all it is is "DING DING DING DING" and I discovered and shared it in the TV Thread late last week.

ah, I didnt even pick that up. Maybe when I start watching that show when the snow starts falling.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)

This, totally. Sorry Rock, I thought you would get the joke.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
Your biggest mistake is not already watching it.

Thats what I hear. I have 2 dvr's already completely full of s*** to watch, so I am hoping to catch up once the weather turns bad and I have less leagues to play in. Also having knee surgery this winter so Ill be on my ass quite a bit.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:41 PM)
Thats what I hear. I have 2 dvr's already completely full of s*** to watch, so I am hoping to catch up once the weather turns bad and I have less leagues to play in. Also having knee surgery this winter so Ill be on my ass quite a bit.

And you have like 8 months before S5.

I admit I had this one wrong, and I still think it wasn't a great idea. But the bullpen does look pretty damn good right now, and can still look good trading Thornton and plugging in Santiago. Reed is a near-lock for the pen. Santos, Crain, Frasor, Ohman, Santiago and Reed are all set. Axelrod or Stewart for the long man post. And still leaves a few good relief arms in Charlotte. The bullpen should not be a problem in 2012, barring injuries or multiple unusually bad seasons career-wise. But I think that $3.5M could have been better used.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
You should know better than to count things as firm before they actually are. The Rangers are likely to lose CJ this offseason, that will leave them more reliant on Harrison and other youth in their rotation, which is always a risk. Then there's Cruz and Hamilton staying healthy. And like it or not, Verlander probably just showed you what a "Peak season" looks like...and they had other very helpful things like great years from Avila and Peralta.

Last year, I'd say 2/3 of this board would have agreed that the Twins were the team to beat in the Central. It shifted just that fast.

Feldman won 17 games for them not so long ago.

There's talk of flip-flopping Ogando and Feliz, respectively.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 11:17 PM)
At what point during this past season would you say the White Sox were "out of it"?

See, I know you'll never admit it since they were always within shooting range and you can just point to the fact that they were never ___ games out, but they were clearly a sub-par team for the length of the season and they were not coming back.

I'm also sure someone will say that's revisionist, but there were plenty of people saying these things throughout the season.

Edited by Milkman delivers