2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Yes he is from California. He may eat sushi; however, his family's cultural and ethnic history does not include Japanese food (to my knowledge.)

I hope that sushi thing wasn't taken seriously. I was just making fun of Floyd Mayweather.

Edited by chw42

lol

I understand he was born in the US. Its just that Nintendo is Japanese, which is neither Taiwan nor China. As for China vs Taiwan, its ridiculously complicated as technically Taiwan is the Republic of China (not the People's Republic) and therefore there is an argument that he may identify his heritage as Chinese. Regardless many of the nicknames, sayings are not really applicable to him.

Most Asian Americans love sushi. I mean who doesn't?

It seems Mayweather has a thing up his ass about Asians as he continues to call them out.

So for Lin, it has been, what, six games now? Are we still talking about sample size? And apparently he's pretty clutch as well. This kid's got talent.

Of all people seriously?

Imagine if you were good at basketball and people called you the Bosnian/Croatian Nightmare? Or would you care if people said "Who cares they are all the same?"

I dont care about his race, I just also dont think all Asians are the same. Its 2 different things.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Of all people seriously?

Imagine if you were good at basketball and people called you the Bosnian/Croatian Nightmare? Or would you care if people said "Who cares they are all the same?"

I dont care about his race, I just also dont think all Asians are the same. Its 2 different things.

I'm saying it shouldn't be a topic of discussion at all. I don't care about his race either, and I also don't think everyone is saying all Asians are the same. You're nitpicking way too much.

And calling me "The Bosnian Nightmare" is quite a bit different than calling him Super Lintendo. It's more about the pun than it is about what his ethnicity actually is. Jeez. If he cares about it enough, let him come out and say something.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Most Asian Americans love sushi. I mean who doesn't?

It seems Mayweather has a thing up his ass about Asians as he continues to call them out.

So for Lin, it has been, what, six games now? Are we still talking about sample size? And apparently he's pretty clutch as well. This kid's got talent.

I don't. :)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Of all people seriously?

I don't think anyone here thinks Asians are all the same.

If you do, then well...time to get educated.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
I don't think anyone here thinks Asians are all the same.

If you do, then well...time to get educated.

f***. I thought Mongolians and Japanese people were the same thing. Now you're telling me they're not?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
f***. I thought Mongolians and Japanese people were the same thing. Now you're telling me they're not?

Yup and Mongolians (especially the nomads) probably don't know WTF sushi is.

I know, it's disappointing.