2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
This is perfect for a message board debate seeing as it will never happen, but #2 to me is clearly the best option. Deng somehow stays(seemingly impossible to me), Boozer comes off the books and is replaced by a superior player in Taj, and oh year, you have Dwight Howard at center.

Rose-Watson

Rip-Brewer

Deng-Turkoglu-Korver

Taj-FA??

Howard-Asik

I'd love for that free agent ?? to be Rasheed Wallace, there were talks of him wanting to play this season right?

Would Przybilla work at PF next to Asik?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
No, LeBron could've broken his leg and he'd be crucified if he came into the season all out of shape. Michael and Scottie (Scottie twice) competed in the Olympics after winning a title and didn't use that as an excuse to come into the next season out of shape. I love Dirk. One of the 15 best players the game has ever seen, IMO. But he gets no play here.

truth.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
I'd love for that free agent ?? to be Rasheed Wallace, there were talks of him wanting to play this season right?

Would Przybilla work at PF next to Asik?

I've always liked Sheed, even when he was a Piston, I wonder how much is left in the tank, could he give us at least a good 18 minutes per night?

He is a loose canon but I like his passion and we could use a 3pt shooting big.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

j4l,

Jordan played his last Olympics at the age of 29.

Pippen played his last Olympics at the age of 31.

Dirk played at 34 and did not play on a "Dream Team" so he had to actually play hard every game.

So yes Pippen and Jordan did it when they were much younger, and Pippen after 96-97 only would play 1 season where he made 82 games. Jordan would never start a full season after he turned 34 (although he retired for a few years so hard to compare.)

You can be hard on Dirk, but at 34 most NBA players start to wear down, let alone if they play an extra set of games.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 2, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
They pushed the lead despite the line up. Results dont always make it the best choice.

That actually makes little sense.

The next time Boozer helps on a screen, it will be the first time.

It makes perfect sense.

You can have a bad defense out there and it doesnt mean the offense will necessarily take advantage of it. Or you can have the best defensive possession and the offense can throw up a prayer 3 and it goes in.

Thats why just because they went on a 6-0 run doesnt mean that it was a smart move to keep in Boozer over Taj.

I know Rose is your star but you can't change your entire offense and just space the floor and have rose go to the basket triple teamed, if the Knicks are going to overplay him this much he has to be able to create easy buckets for the other guys