Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE NOW! BANNED FROM THE Q!!!

Ha, I knew you'd enjoy that. I liked Quatros pizza but didn't love it, Dimaggios was the only pizza down there that I absolutely loved. Now, Quatros soup on the other hand, might have been my favorite food in the Dale...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was another long track tornado that went from North of Tuscaloosa all the way to about 50 miles east of Birmingham. So, it tracked about 100 miles. My Mom heard "the sound." It just missed them. Their area got nailed hard.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)
Ha, I knew you'd enjoy that. I liked Quatros pizza but didn't love it, Dimaggios was the only pizza down there that I absolutely loved. Now, Quatros soup on the other hand, might have been my favorite food in the Dale...

Quatros pizza always confused me and by that i mean i thought their slices were awesome but when having a whole pizza it just didn't quite taste the same. (Before anyone says it....it wasn't the alcohol that had anything to do with it.)

I'll admit it was awfully greasy at times but back when i was Carbondale, LaRoma's got pretty much all of my business.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:04 PM)

How come I don't remember DiMaggios? I was an Italian Village guy as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
How come I don't remember DiMaggios? I was an Italian Village guy as well.

How long ago were you down there? Dimaggios used to be off of Wall street, I think on Park Street(the street past grand going south) and was in a kind of rundown building..... When they were located there everyone in college especially dorms would eat there. Now they are all fancied up family looking restaurant off of 13 for past couple years and haven't been since. I also never got the hype of either, I just ordered Papa Johns when I was down there.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 03:36 AM)
How long ago were you down there? Dimaggios used to be off of Wall street, I think on Park Street(the street past grand going south) and was in a kind of rundown building..... When they were located there everyone in college especially dorms would eat there. Now they are all fancied up family looking restaurant off of 13 for past couple years and haven't been since. I also never got the hype of either, I just ordered Papa Johns when I was down there.

I graduated in 2001. Maybe I have had it but hit my head and forgot. Doesn't ring a bell.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 03:36 AM)

Yup and same.

Good call on Italian Village though, Brian, their pizza was delicious too.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
Quatros pizza always confused me and by that i mean i thought their slices were awesome but when having a whole pizza it just didn't quite taste the same. (Before anyone says it....it wasn't the alcohol that had anything to do with it.)

I'll admit it was awfully greasy at times but back when i was Carbondale, LaRoma's got pretty much all of my business.

the lunch slices do have a different taste, I know what you are saying. and I have seen thousands of them cooked, nothing is different at all. Campus ladies loved the lunch slice/salad/pepsi deal, I HATED it. too much little crap to carry around, bags ripping, people complaining of cold food.

I think Dimaggios was just getting started when I left. Before it closed down, Spaghetti Warehouse was pretty awesome

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
Papa Johns, Little Caesars, Pizza Hut and Dominoes are all on the same level of suck. You can debate all you want, but in the end they are all bottom barrel pizzas. There is good reason they come for 5 bucks and 10 bucks

QUATROS FTW

Papa Johns has s***ty pizza but good cheese bread and breadsticks or whatever.

Dominos is actually my favorite of the crappy chains...

I'll take a frozen HRI over any of the delivery chains...

Also, if you know how to make dough well, homemade pizza will blow the doors off anything you can get at Lou's or Uno's or Gino's.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)

Also, if you know how to make dough well, homemade pizza will blow the doors off anything you can get at Lou's or Uno's or Gino's.

I can't stand Papa Johns, but Dominos' new pizza is edible. Little Caesars is actually pretty good comparatively. HRI is easily better than any of the mass produced stuff.

Im not sure about beating Lou's, but yea homemade pizza can be the s***. Add ground cornmeal to the baking sheet to add some extra flavor, and I always look for a pizza sauce where sugar is one of the last ingredients.

And if you don't know how to make pizza dough or don't want to spend the time, Trader Joes has an excellent one that's cheap, but they sell out pretty quickly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
Papa Johns, Little Caesars, Pizza Hut and Dominoes are all on the same level of suck. You can debate all you want, but in the end they are all bottom barrel pizzas. There is good reason they come for 5 bucks and 10 bucks

I'd rather have DiGiorno or Freschetta than any of those garbage pizzas.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)

I like Hungry Howies here in MI. It's better than the other $5 options. Plus they have flavored crusts!