Another White Sox / Blue Jays trade on the horizon?

striker

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
Just because Sox hire guy from Toronto does not mean we have to get every minor league spec he likes. McGuire has been a disappointment so far.

I do worry about overpaying for guys that the new hire likes. Felt like was the case for Molina for sure.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Don't be suprised if a Jays package contains Adonis Cardona.

Deck plus Cardona would be great. Cardona gives you the projectable high upside power arm to go with the safer and closer McGuire. The Sox system desperately needs both types of player.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
I'd like to see the Sox trade Dunn, Rios and Peavy this off season.. If we have to pay these guys anyway, why not trade them and eat their salary and at the same time bring in more prospects into this organzation.

The cubs just did that and got nothing in return and that was for a player that is at worst a #4 starter.

You are not getting anything for Rios, Dunn or Peavy. If you pay their salary and they produce you look like a bigger f***ing moron then when you signed or traded them.

The White Sox have to hope the guys they get can produce and the guys they have can improve.

Deck plus Cardona would be great. Cardona gives you the projectable high upside power arm to go with the safer and closer McGuire. The Sox system desperately needs both types of player.

Like to see Gose in the package as well.

I don't think KW has to trade Floyd. They are going to have to give up somebody to make it worth the Sox while and they will need to outbid the other Eastern division teams. If KW does move Floyd and Crain/Thornton, I'll bet he will be in a position to spend. E Jax and Cespedes could very well be part of the Sox retool. Danks and Jackson will anchor the rotation for the next 5 years with Sale, Humber, and the best of the boatload of pitching that KW has acquired this off season. They will be set up pretty well for the future and still have a chance to win their division this year if Dunn and Rios play closer to their career averages.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
I don't think KW has to trade Floyd. They are going to have to give up somebody to make it worth the Sox while and they will need to outbid the other Eastern division teams. If KW does move Floyd and Crain/Thornton, I'll bet he will be in a position to spend. E Jax and Cespedes could very well be part of the Sox retool. Danks and Jackson will anchor the rotation for the next 5 years with Sale, Humber, and the best of the boatload of pitching that KW has acquired this off season. They will be set up pretty well for the future and still have a chance to win their division this year if Dunn and Rios play closer to their career averages.

What?

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)

EJAX will not be back in any way shape or form.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
Actually posted about Floyd for Deck+ yesterday. Was a big fan of his in the 2010 draft. He's not some super sexy high ceiling starter, but he's got a workhorse body and 3 useful pitches. He's a middle of the rotation type and a pretty safe bet to stick. I like my toolsy high upside prospects, but a system also needs safer high floor picks like Deck to balance it out. I hope something gets done.

So the Sox would trade Floyd for what they hope will be Floyd.....I understand the rebuild aspect but I think they need to improve upon the organization. They should have already gotten the back end rotation guys with the moves they made in the last 7 months.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
What?

I can see the Sox bringing back Boras client free agent pitcher Edwin Jackson with the the money cleared from moving Floyd and Thornton/Crain. I think KW will be able to add promising prospects from moving Floyd and replace his production with E. Jax. I think KW is beyond clearing money for JR's budget, he is clearing money to make moves now.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
I can see the Sox bringing back Boras client free agent pitcher Edwin Jackson with the the money cleared from moving Floyd and Thornton/Crain. I think KW will be able to add promising prospects from moving Floyd and replace his production with E. Jax. I think KW is beyond clearing money for JR's budget, he is clearing money to make moves now.

Not a chance on earth

No, I think he's a plus prospect. Do you really think AA would part with all that for Gavin Floyd?

McGuire and Gose for Floyd. I do think AA would make that deal

Gose could be our leadoff hitter for many years..

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:19 PM)
So the Sox would trade Floyd for what they hope will be Floyd.....I understand the rebuild aspect but I think they need to improve upon the organization. They should have already gotten the back end rotation guys with the moves they made in the last 7 months.

For 6 years of a cost controlled Floyd replacement, payroll savings, plus other prospect(s) is okay with me. Deck projects a bit better than a back-end type as well, and is a much safer bet to reach his ceiling then Castro/Molina. Let's not forget the bust rate of prospects. Stockpiling pitching is a good thing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
Sox loved Asher during the draft scouting process. I'm not a huge fan of his, as his fastball has lost some velocity. I'd be fine with Deck, as finally we could get a GT guy to be a star after dealing with this bum from UGa at 2nd base.

I'm not the biggest Asher fan either. I distinctly remember discussing him here and other places and how many people were vehemently opposed to the Sox drafting him. He fit the mold of a college arm with some upside who Kenny could have signed cheaply. Pretty good bullpen potential with his fastball/slider if the change never came along.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
Not a chance on earth

I know it will never happen, but that plan would make perfect sense. IMO, Jackson is an upgrade over Floyd. With him, Danks, & Sale, you have three long-term pieces already in your rotation. You'd just need Humber or minor leaguers to fill those last two spots. That would seriously quicken the rebuilding of the pitching staff.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I know it will never happen, but that plan would make perfect sense. IMO, Jackson is an upgrade over Floyd. With him, Danks, & Sale, you have three long-term pieces already in your rotation. You'd just need Humber or minor leaguers to fill those last two spots. That would seriously quicken the rebuilding of the pitching staff.

Think Jax would sign for

It's not happening.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
I'd like to see the Sox trade Dunn, Rios and Peavy this off season.. If we have to pay these guys anyway, why not trade them and eat their salary and at the same time bring in more prospects into this organzation.

I think reality is knocking at your door.