Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
It definitely started working when the Bears were getting winded in the cold mile high air. But who cares about silly things like that.

It worked until the Bears coaching staff decided to stop playing the style of defense that held the almighty Teblow to a big 0 all day.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
"Everyone says he struggles throwing the ball. What I saw last night, he had no problems throwing the ball,He threw the ball extremely well when I was watching." - Tom Brady

He was 3 of 16 going into the 4th quarter, and then the bears went prevent and he made his numbers look much better. There were some drops, but there were also some hideous overthrows.

If the Broncos had just about any other starting QB playing for them last Sunday they win that game.

As far as those 4th quarter stats. Strange things happen in small samples. John Skelton has similar numbers this year in the 4th quarter. Kordell Stewart used to be the 4th quarter comeback guy. Ask Bear fans how awesome he was.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
He was 3 of 16 going into the 4th quarter, and then the bears went prevent and he made his numbers look much better. There were some drops, but there were also some hideous overthrows.

I did not see a prevent in OT or when the broncos got inside the 40 in the 4th.

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
I did not see a prevent in OT or when the broncos got inside the 40 in the 4th.

Bleh, I'll stick with the one thing I do actually like about Tboner: you instantly know whether or not someone knows anything about football by their stance on him.

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
fixed that for you. get your hater glasses off. You guys are like a tebow hater cult over here. Why so much hate? All he does is win. Until he starts losing, it is fact.

Ill take off my hater glasses when you take off your gator glasses Mark. The cult is places like ESPN, that says his name 88 times in an hour

Im pissed the Bears lost to them, because with Cutler and Forte, it isnt even close and we arent having this discussion. But it is what it is, they lost

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
I see the Broncos offense with Tebow kind of like the wildcat offense that was all the rage a few years back. It will do ok for a while and than teams will adjust to it.

This is a throwing league.

The Bears dominated that offense for about 52 minutes. Then they went with soft zones and really dumb/bad offensive plays that gave the Broncos the ball back.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Bleh, I'll stick with the one thing I do actually like about Tboner: you instantly know whether or not someone knows anything about football by their stance on him.

just because I like different style of qbs does not mean I don't know football. I'd test my knowledge against anyone here. Don't be so quick to be a jerk.

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
fixed that for you. get your hater glasses off. You guys are like a tebow hater cult over here. Why so much hate? All he does is win. Until he starts losing, it is fact.

Mark Sanchez is 4-2 in road playoff games. That doesn't make him a good quarterback either.

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
just because I like different style of qbs does not mean I don't know football. I'd test my knowledge against anyone here. Don't be so quick to be a jerk.

You are canadian now, football is played indoors with all the Richards you can drink.

QUOTE (Espy.Teahen @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 12:23 PM)
You are saying that as if there's a fine line between insulting and praising.

He could have said nothing at all.

He does a weekly interview on Jim Gray's pregame Monday Night Football radio show. He's extremely well-versed in PR, he gets the questions in advance, and the interview is taped and then edited.

There is simply no way he would have refused to compliment TT.

It's funny, all guys like Kyle Orton and Grossman did were "win" for a while, but got 0 credit because everyone could see they sucked. But Teblow is the rare case where his teams defense is playing exponentially better over the course of this "miracle" run + a game like the Bears where he literally had no impact on the victory...yet he gets praised like the 2nd coming. Religion does funny things to logic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
It's funny, all guys like Kyle Orton and Grossman did were "win" for a while, but got 0 credit because everyone could see they sucked. But Teblow is the rare case where his teams defense is playing exponentially better over the course of this "miracle" run + a game like the Bears where he literally had no impact on the victory...yet he gets praised like the 2nd coming. Religion does funny things to logic

Craig. Krenzel.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)

Well let's not take everything away from the guy. He's a hell of an athlete, he does have a very high competitive desire to win, and he does manage to make big plays in the 4th quarter when his team needs them. He does seem to forget about technique and mechanics in the 4th quarter, and just let his talent take over. That may indeed allow him to play more freely or with less mistakes towards the end of the game.

Part of the allure is also that he brings such a different attitude to the position because it is required for his survival. Tony Siragusa said something during the game Sunday like "It's just so refreshing to see a quarterback run and not slide." Now obviously, that is uncommon because it's been anecdotally proven that a quarterback won't be able to stay healthy in the long run that way (Mike Vick), but because Tebow has no other choice (sliding is a luxury he does not have), the public enjoys watching him take on linebackers and making a mockery of DLineman chasing him behind the line of scrimmage.

The real key for me will be how does the public treat him in 3-5 years when he is just a memory of an exciting player from 2011-2012.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 13, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Well let's not take everything away from the guy. He's a hell of an athlete, he does have a very high competitive desire to win, and he does manage to make big plays in the 4th quarter when his team needs them. He does seem to forget about technique and mechanics in the 4th quarter, and just let his talent take over. That may indeed allow him to play more freely or with less mistakes towards the end of the game.

Part of the allure is also that he brings such a different attitude to the position because it is required for his survival. Tony Siragusa said something during the game Sunday like "It's just so refreshing to see a quarterback run and not slide." Now obviously, that is uncommon because it's been anecdotally proven that a quarterback won't be able to stay healthy in the long run that way (Mike Vick), but because Tebow has no other choice (sliding is a luxury he does not have), the public enjoys watching him take on linebackers and making a mockery of DLineman chasing him behind the line of scrimmage.

The real key for me will be how does the public treat him in 3-5 years when he is just a memory of an exciting player from 2011-2012.

"The public" will forget about him and go back to not watching the NFL like they did a year ago.

Take the dumb religious aspect out of this crap and nobody gives a s***. It's so stupid