2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:47 AM)
Sources tell the Chicago Sun-Times that new coach Marc Trestman is likely to retain Rod Marinelli as his defensive coordinator.

Trestman and the Bears would be silly to dump Marinelli. The Bears' defense ranked fifth in yards allowed, third in points allowed, first in interceptions, second in forced fumbles and eighth in sacks. By keeping Marinelli in charge of the unit, there will still be some continuity even though Lovie Smith is gone.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

Nothing would make me happier. All these meatheads clammering for a new D should shove it. Marinelli is excellent at what he does and It will be huge for the contunity of the players to have them back. I think Briggs & co. will breathe a huge sigh of relief if this does in fact happen.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:59 AM)
Nothing would make me happier. All these meatheads clammering for a new D should shove it. Marinelli is excellent at what he does and It will be huge for the contunity of the players to have them back. I think Briggs & co. will breathe a huge sigh of relief if this does in fact happen.

Keeping Marinelli is huge. There's nothing wrong with the D. Maybe change things when Briggs,Tillman and Peppers are gone, but til then set it and forget it.

The Bears need to leave this offseason with Jake Long and at least 2 of their top 4 picks spent on OL.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
COWHER - MUSTACHE - DITKA!

HEY DIS IS JIMMY FROM BACK DEM YARDS OVER DER. I HEARD A ROOMER ON DA INTERWEB THING THAT HE IS GOING TO MAKE SOLDIERS FIELD USE CELSIUS INSTEAD OF DA DING WE USE. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT SHIRT TO NOT WEAR WHEN DA TEMP IS ALL JACKED LIKE DAT. DAMN MCKASKEYS SHOULD OF HIRED SINGLETARY, HE WOULD PUNCH DAT CUTLER BUM IN DA FACE WHEN HE TROU A PICK. I HATE DAT CUTLER BUM. DA BEARS....

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Keeping Marinelli is huge. There's nothing wrong with the D. Maybe change things when Briggs,Tillman and Peppers are gone, but til then set it and forget it.

The Bears need to leave this offseason with Jake Long and at least 2 of their top 4 picks spent on OL.

Marinelli can stay....................Tice has to go!

Bear fans reactions on Twitter... My personal favorites.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-hu...-marc-trestman/

Rashawn Franklin@RFranklinKSR

Hahahahahaha. This is actually a nightmare. We canned Lovie for a freaking CFL guy? Unacceptable. #FireEmery

I hate you Emery. I hate you Trestman. I hate you Canada. I hate you Drake. I hate you Avril Lavigne. I hate poutine. I hate hockey.

Brandon Marshall‏@BMarshall

Heard so many GREAT things about Coach Trestman can't wait to follow his lead. Reading his book now #coolread #BEARDOWN

It's too bad Hester can't read - maybe Trestman put together a coloring book at some point, too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)

Heard so many GREAT things about Coach Trestman can't wait to follow his lead. Reading his book now #coolread #BEARDOWN

It's too bad Hester can't read - maybe Trestman put together a coloring book at some point, too.

sw50sw8sw578.gif

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)

hahaha, really loved this.

Best thing about Hester's tweets is that they are written with near perfect grammar most of the time.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
I had no idea my dad was on Twitter (my dad also hates the Cubs GM as well)

I thought it was my father. He worked for the IC railroad when the Canandian National bought it. He HATES anything to do with Canada. He also hates the McCaskeys so anything to do with the Bears FO is always wrong.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
@PaulCalvisi

Multiple NFL sources tell me this morning that Ken Whisenhunt is "a very strong candidate" to become the next head coach of the Phi Eagles.

Ken! There's no QB again!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Interesting conspiracy theory:

These assistant positons are filling up VERY fast for the Bears and his hiring was only announced this morning. Makes you wonder when the decision to hire Trestman really happened. Maybe Jimmy Johnson DID know something...

It makes me wonder if the Bears leaked the name early to try to dry up some of the meatballisms with some strategic leaks of his bio to lessen the whole WE HIRED A GUY FROM THE CFL? type of stuff.