Sox spring training Catch All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
For that big of a loss, we are probably talking about gastric bypass or a serious health event.

5 months is about 22 weeks, yeah? So 2.5 to 3 pounds a week is what it takes. That actually can be done with diet and exercise changes, if you are overweight and spend a lot of time doing the right things. Put another way, that is probably a 7500 calorie net loss per week (or a thousand per day), in combined lowered eating and added exercise burn. if he was consuming 2500 calories a day and not really exercising, then went on a weight watchers or other program to be at 1500-2000 a day plus exercise, boom, you are there. Definitely on the high side, but not impossible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
For that big of a loss, we are probably talking about gastric bypass or a serious health event.

Come to Europe and you'll see that nearly nobody here is a fat slob like Herm was- primarily because they're not having the "4th meal" at Taco Bell and they don't think that ordering a filet-o-fish meal with a large coke at McDonalds is a light lunch.

My guess is he laid off the sauce, fries, and starting working out like a normal human being and the weight came off. It's amazing what a bit of diet and exercise can do for the human body.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
No doubt about it. It's always a good thing when millionaires show up to play baseball.

Are there any other kinds of baseball players? I think there are only rookies and millionaires.

Chicago White Sox @whitesox

From #WhiteSox manager Robin Ventura's press conference earlier today...

On arriving: I’m tired of just looking at paper. It’s nice to just get here and see guys in uniform, see guys hitting and throwing…

Robin on what he wants out of ST: Obviously the goal is 2 get as prepared as u can 4 Opening Day & 4 the season…

…That’s what spring is for– to get prepared to actually play in the season.

On Detroit as the favorite: Detroit has earned that, coming off what they did last season and signing some players…

But it’s not going to change the way we approach anything, we’re not going to concede anything to anybody.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
5 months is about 22 weeks, yeah? So 2.5 to 3 pounds a week is what it takes. That actually can be done with diet and exercise changes, if you are overweight and spend a lot of time doing the right things. Put another way, that is probably a 7500 calorie net loss per week (or a thousand per day), in combined lowered eating and added exercise burn. if he was consuming 2500 calories a day and not really exercising, then went on a weight watchers or other program to be at 1500-2000 a day plus exercise, boom, you are there. Definitely on the high side, but not impossible.

Hey, you shut up with your facts and logic.

If we choose to believe it was magic, then damnit, it was magic!

Coop had some thing to do with Herm. He fixed him. Coop can do anything. I speak truth.

In all seriousness, Can't wait for ST to start. I realize this team doesn't have much upside, but I always enjoy seeing the young guys show what they got. I'm really interested to see just how good Molina is and if Castro can get back on track.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen @CST_soxvan

Peavy is ten pounds lighter, about 190, to take weight off his right ankle.

Oh, yeah. With all the talk about his reattached lat, I had forgotten about his ankle.