Dodgers vs. White Sox Gamethread

Heads22

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
First pitch goes inside the third base bag for a double

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
He's one I like, I put him a lot higher as a prospect than others do. I think he surprises some people.

LOL, oops.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
From one bad game, people are ready to hang the kid? He had like minimal amount of starts in AA or single A? He has to develop. Just relax.

I have to think LittleHurt was being sarcastic. Not so sure about Soxfest.

Regarding Molina - you can't judge someone based on one spring training start. We all know that... hopefully. :P

It just wasn't the introduction I ( nor anyone ) was hoping for... especially at the expense of Sergio.

We'll give him tons of time and leeway thou. Hoping for the best and looking forward to seeing his next outing.

What's funny is a couple of guys behind the sox dugout (I was 2nd row) kept heckling Robin already about Molina. I mean...Jesus...already?!? Anyway...gotta say this...I know the Sox aren't considered a defensive team...but the up the middle combo of Gordo and Lexi is incredibly strong. Both of them made some incredible plays today...probably at least 5. The whole infield if strong IMO. Hoping Gordo turns it on at the plate tho....K'd twice.

I'm really not sure how you can keep Dan Johnson off this roster...it'll be tough...but damn.

Ozzie Martinez brain fart at second.

Molina shelled...badly.

Those are the only things that really stood out to me

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:10 PM)
What's funny is a couple of guys behind the sox dugout (I was 2nd row) kept heckling Robin already about Molina. I mean...Jesus...already?!? Anyway...gotta say this...I know the Sox aren't considered a defensive team...but the up the middle combo of Gordo and Lexi is incredibly strong. Both of them made some incredible plays today...probably at least 5. The whole infield if strong IMO. Hoping Gordo turns it on at the plate tho....K'd twice.

I'm really not sure how you can keep Dan Johnson off this roster...it'll be tough...but damn.

Ozzie Martinez brain fart at second.

Molina shelled...badly.

Those are the only things that really stood out to me

The Sox were really good on their infield defense last year...they were weak at catcher, and they were awful in LF and CF. They weren't "That" bad defensively except for those 3 spots.

Mitchell at least showed a little more of a burst than he had last year.

Outside of the Molina implosion, the pitching wasn't half bad.

Seems that Ventura plans to play Lillibridge on the infield (3B/2B and possibly SS...if there's no other INF, he'd have to play there too) and Fukudome as the 4th OF.

That does open up the competition a bit more between Johnson and McPherson, and puts more pressure on Martinez/Escobar/Kuhn at the plate to win a possible utility job.

Of course, we have no idea if Robin wants 7 bullpen arms (with Sale, Humber and Peavy, that's highly likely) or another position player.

Hector Santiago and Reed looked good as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Seems that Ventura plans to play Lillibridge on the infield (3B/2B and possibly SS...if there's no other INF, he'd have to play there too) and Fukudome as the 4th OF.

I remember being a big advocate of having Lilly play 3rd...why not? Fuko is gonna be a great 4th outfielder...the relay to Gordo to peg a guy at the plate was sweet.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
Of course, we have no idea if Robin wants 7 bullpen arms (with Sale, Humber and Peavy, that's highly likely) or another position player.

Hector Santiago and Reed looked good as well.

Actually they've said repeatedly they're likely to carry 7 relievers.

For all the hype about Escobar's defense, I expected a bit more out of him...he almost gave the slow-footed Juan Rivera an infield single. That's pretty hard to do, despite Melton describing Rivera as a fast runner, he's far from it, especially after all the leg injuries he's suffered in his career.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
For all the hype about Escobar's defense, I expected a bit more out of him...he almost gave the slow-footed Juan Rivera an infield single. That's pretty hard to do, despite Melton describing Rivera as a fast runner, he's far from it, especially after all the leg injuries he's suffered in his career.

He doesn't seem to have an above average arm.