New White Sox Commercial

LVSoxFan

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-213929721.html

Pretty sad how far behind we are on something like this from Minn.

Meh, I love The Coen Brothers as much as -- or more than -- the next guy, but I wouldn't say the Sox commercial is "behind" the Minny commercial at all, just a very different approach, and perhaps more in line with their "Appreciate the Game" theme. Whether that theme is misguided or not is another issue, but the commercial is effective in its own right.

It's nice. The 2D moving still image is kind of overdone in sports, IMO.

One piece of criticism is the ball is poorly composited as Peavy is pitching and Alexei is swinging.

It looks off and it could've been done better.

I love the dust reveal of "appreciate the game" at the end.

One thing though I read the caption at the bottom of the video: "Moments" television commercial was selected by the White Sox as one of four winning submissions for the team's 2012 advertising campaign

Being in the Design/Motion Graphics/Animation business I can tell you spec work is an ever-growing cancer that's deteriorating my industry. I'm disappointed the White Sox would pursue those measures. While this commercial and three others were selected as "winners" hundreds more were suckered into producing free work and that's plain wrong.

QUOTE (pktmotion @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
It's nice. The 2D moving still image is kind of overdone in sports, IMO.

One piece of criticism is the ball is poorly composited as Peavy is pitching and Alexei is swinging.

It looks off and it could've been done better.

I love the dust reveal of "appreciate the game" at the end.

One thing though I read the caption at the bottom of the video: "Moments" television commercial was selected by the White Sox as one of four winning submissions for the team's 2012 advertising campaign

Being in the Design/Motion Graphics/Animation business I can tell you spec work is an ever-growing cancer that's deteriorating my industry. I'm disappointed the White Sox would pursue those measures. While this commercial and three others were selected as "winners" hundreds more were suckered into producing free work and that's plain wrong.

That's the nature of the world today, with the unemployment rate being what it is.

There are so many websites now offering cash prices for ideas that end up in patents from chemists, engineers, scientists, physicists, etc.

Think of all the industries that have been wiped out by the internet, such as travel agents or newspapers/book publishing.

Overall, this flattening out has provided much more information, and quicker access to marketplaces, but it's certainly a challenge for someone who works in a creative field like advertising or something as simple as coming up with cartoons or Hallmark/American Greeting Cards.

If a 15 year old in his basement can come up with a better ad or better article about the White Sox, then there's no choice but to step up your game or be "creatively destroyed." This inevitably leads to more productivity/efficiency, but also a LOT more stress in the workplace as a result.

Edited by caulfield12