2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's about a little second half motivation for the team? White Sox are 18/1

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

From Bovada, the current World Series odds: NYY 9/2, Texas 5/1, SF-WASH-LAA 11/1, Tigers and Reds 14/1. You can still bet Cubs, at 500/1.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Bovada AL Cy Young: Weaver 5/2, Verlander 3/1, Sale 3/1, Price 5/1, Sabathia 11/2, Wilson 10/1, Harrison12/1; Rodney, Darvish, Peavy 20/1

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Bovada odds to win AL Central: #whitesox 6/5, Tigers 6/5, Indians 7/2.

Considering they had KC Johnson on today and he didn't speak one time when they talked about the Bears, Sox, and Cubs was pretty hilarious. He's a good writer and knows his s***. Unfortunately, they need to go into their show with 3 topics in mind and have 3 guys on who can contribute to each conversation with the other two pretty much interviewing them. For example, if they have Haugh, Gonzales and that boob from Haray Caray's on, have Haugh and the boob ask Gonzales questions when they are talking Sox.

However, it'll never work because Kaplan and Haugh think they are the best things since sliced bread.

It's even worse when Bob Foltman is on, he dominates the conversation every time with that grating voice of his.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 04:47 PM)
It's not much better when Hub Arkush is on.

That show is unwatchable. Every time I gave it another try it is worse than before.

They feature the most uninformed and annoying dopes in Chicago media: D Kaplan, P. Rogers, T. Hollandsworth, G. Offman, P. Sullivan, H. Arkush. UGH!

Each and everyone a dumbass cub apologist.

It is hard to believe but that show makes Chicago spots radio almost worth listening to; almost.

QUOTE (59th street @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
That show is unwatchable. Every time I gave it another try it is worse than before.

They feature the most uninformed and annoying dopes in Chicago media: D Kaplan, P. Rogers, T. Hollandsworth, G. Offman, P. Sullivan, H. Arkush. UGH!

Each and everyone a dumbass cub apologist.

It is hard to believe but that show makes Chicago spots radio almost worth listening to; almost.

I remember the use to be a show called Sports Writers one of them was Gleason and some other old guys. They always made the younger guys (Morrisey?) look like a dope. Those guys new their stuff. I miss having journalists do commentary. Now it's ex jocks.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
I remember the use to be a show called Sports Writers one of them was Gleason and some other old guys. They always made the younger guys (Morrisey?) look like a dope. Those guys new their stuff. I miss having journalists do commentary. Now it's ex jocks.

Telander was always there. There was another old writer with very grey hair, 60's, veteran guy whose name escapes me...yeah, they were MUCH MUCH better.

I think he must have written for the South Bend paper or possibly Daily Southtown or Herald....?

Looked it up, Bill Jauss.

Bill Jauss, Bill Gleason, Ben Bentley, Joe Mooshill, Lester Munson, and Rick Telander

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)

Journalists are all moving to radio.

The Road Trip:

Quintana vs Chen

Peavy vs Hochevar

Sale vs Mendoza

Floyd vs Cook

Humber vs Lester

Quintana vs Doubrant

Peavy vs Morales

Sale vs Verlander

Floyd vs Porcello

Humber vs Smyly

This rotation assumes Floyd is #4 and Humber comes back, and Porcello and Smyly go in this order. The rest is pretty firm.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Not the slowest Sox ever. Harold Baines, at the end of his career, ran at a grandmotherly pace.

I think Harold would run circles around Paulie at any point in his career, but I guess we'll never know.

not sounding good for Danks...

from rotoworld:

White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said Thursday that John Danks (shoulder) is not close to returning.

"John is not feeling so hot," Cooper told WSCR-AM 670. "His shoulder is not feeling so good, we've made minimal progress with it and from my standpoint -- I don’t mean this fully, I love John -- he’s not on my radar right now. We would love to have John back, but that doesn’t look like that’s happening in the next two-to-three weeks at least." Danks has been on the disabled list since May 20. He'll aim to return by the middle of August.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
not sounding good for Danks...

from rotoworld:

White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said Thursday that John Danks (shoulder) is not close to returning.

"John is not feeling so hot," Cooper told WSCR-AM 670. "His shoulder is not feeling so good, we've made minimal progress with it and from my standpoint -- I don’t mean this fully, I love John -- he’s not on my radar right now. We would love to have John back, but that doesn’t look like that’s happening in the next two-to-three weeks at least." Danks has been on the disabled list since May 20. He'll aim to return by the middle of August.

Sucks, but not surprising. Might need to get another SP now to keep this from being a season killer.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
I think we'll know if Humber is the starter next Tuesday or not based on his performance tonight. I'll be checking the Gameday frequently.

Philip Humber showed Thursday night that he appears ready to rejoin the Chicago White Sox's rotation Tuesday night at Boston.

Humber threw six innings of two-hit ball and retired the final 16 batters he faced for Double-A Birmingham in a minor league rehabilitation start against Tennessee.

Birmingham won the first game of a doubleheader 4-1 in seven innings.

Humber, who is recovering from a right elbow flexor strain, didn't walk a batter while striking out five. He didn't allow a hit after Justin Bour hit a single with two out in the first.

Tennessee jumped to a 1-0 lead in the first inning when Junior Lake hit Humber's first pitch for a double to right field, moved to third on a sacrifice bunt and scored on a sacrifice fly by Jae-Hoon Ha.

Humber threw 48 of 78 pitches for strikes. He recorded seven outs on flyouts.

Humber made two rehab starts with Triple-A Charlotte prior to Thursday's start. He hasn't pitched for the Sox since June 16.

Humber was staked to a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the first. Jared Mitchell, the Sox's first pick in the 2009 draft, hit a single, stole second base and scored on an error that scored two runs.

Link

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

What does 1st place now mean? Elias says since 2001, 54% of 1st place teams at break (alone or tied) went on to win their divisions.

So it's a coin flip.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
What are things I would have never, ever guessed for $2000, Alex.

@ckamka Alfonso Soriano (139) and Dayan Viciedo (133) are the only ML Left Fielders with 100+ Total Chances without an error this season.

I wish fielders would get errors for clearly missed catches, even though he got the eventual out the fact Viciedo didn't straight catch the ball against Bautista should have been an error.