2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:10 AM)
Greg, you form opinions quickly and stand by them in the face of facts that clearly expose you as being wrong.

For whatever reason, people waste their time arguing with you over and over and over again.

I'm not sure why.

Cause usually my post is in response to somebody's blast of Ozzie. Then they must respond to my response. Then it angers me and I respond again. Then they must respond to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:26 AM)
Blaming Ozzie for Rios not playing hard is just as ridiculous as any praise Greg continues to throw Ozzie's way. Alex is supposed to be professional. Playing hard should be assumed. I am glad he's playing hard now.

As usual, common sense from Dick Allen! I applaud this poster even though last week he inexplicably turned on me for a good while.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:07 AM)
Oh I agree with you. I don't argue with him either. And I have openly asked others why they bother to.

Greg does this because it makes him feel special or important to have all the attention.

No I don't. Why would I care about that? I hate when people take shots toward Ozzie. Why? Because I feel dirty if that's the right word criticizing ONE of the men responsible for giving me the greatest month of my sports fandom.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:45 AM)
OZZIE GUILLEN IS A TERRIBLE F***ING MANAGER BUT HE'S RICH AND FUNNY AND WON A RING BUT HAS WON DIDDLY SQUAT SINCE BUT HE WON A F***ING WORLD SERIES SO HE'S COOL

I hate posts like this. They contribute nothing. We Sox fans are all in this together. These type of posts are derisive (sp?).

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
WhyTF is there a Miami Marlins thread? Where's the Pirates thread? The Marlins thread should be called Trolling for Greg. People know where Greg's weakness is and they blame him for their exploitation. Major Yawn. Greg can't let it go and a majority of members don't want him to either. (mods included)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
lmao. exactly! Where was the Marlins thread in 2011? 2010? 2009? Pathetic. What's funny is, i said ozzie sucked last year and that i believed he was one of the worst WS winning managers of the last decade. Two days later, the hyperbole thread pops up and me saying that was highlighted as an example of excessive hyperbole.

Because some people are obsessed with the past and spread it through the board. At least if there's a thread about it can be all in one place.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Because some people are obsessed with the past and spread it through the board. At least if there's a thread about it can be all in one place.

The thread was set up to track/hate Ozzie Guillen. If Ozzie wins, it's because he inherited hanley, stanton, Johnson and got another billion dollars worth of free agents. If he loses, it's all ozzie and he sucks. I didn't have to wait for ozzie to leave to realize he became horses***. People like 2k5 are full of it. It wasn't until ozzie left that he became critical. Greg, as we've known for a couple years now, LOVES ozzie. You knew that he was going to come to ozzie's defense. I've said some things to greg. But after a while, who gives a f***. I'm actually enjoying this year and hoping we can make a move to solidify our playoff prospects. Stop obsessing over greg and do the same.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
The thread was set up to track/hate Ozzie Guillen. If Ozzie wins, it's because he inherited hanley, stanton, Johnson and got another billion dollars worth of free agents. If he loses, it's all ozzie and he sucks. I didn't have to wait for ozzie to leave to realize he became horses***. People like 2k5 are full of it. It wasn't until ozzie left that he became critical. Greg, as we've known for a couple years now, LOVES ozzie. You knew that he was going to come to ozzie's defense. I've said some things to greg. But after a while, who gives a f***. I'm actually enjoying this year and hoping we can make a move to solidify our playoff prospects. Stop obsessing over greg and do the same.

It was for those who like Guillen and Buehrle and wanted to follow them this year. Not to barbecue greg. That was a mutual choice by greg and other posters.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
It was for those who like Guillen and Buehrle and wanted to follow them this year. Not to barbecue greg. That was a mutual choice by greg and other posters.

Mark? That's bulls***. How come nobody started an Oakland Athletics thread back in 2006 when Frank left? Frank >> Mark. The thread was all about Ozzie and everybody should know it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:39 AM)
Mark? That's bulls***. How come nobody started an Oakland Athletics thread back in 2006 when Frank left? Frank >> Mark. The thread was all about Ozzie and everybody should know it.

Bulls***? It was started by a guy with the name of Buehrle>Wood.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 04:47 AM)
Ok, then you make the Mark Buehrle thread. Not the Marlins thread. You're not this dumb, knight.

I appreciate the support greatly.

I don't mind the thread, though. Never did. I'll have to look through it to see when the first Greg argument started. I wonder if it was in the first 15 pages or not.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:47 AM)
Ok, then you make the Mark Buehrle thread. Not the Marlins thread. You're not this dumb, knight.

Talk to Buehrle>Wood about his mindset back in April, I don't know.

Do you think he had greg's Ozzie opinion in mind when he thought it up?

Oh the conspiracy!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)
I appreciate the support greatly.

I don't mind the thread, though. Never did. I'll have to look through it to see when the first Greg argument started. I wonder if it was in the first 15 pages or not.

I'm not even really supporting you. I think you make some decent points. But your ozzie love is beyond ridiculous. My point is that it's everybody else that keeps this crap going from thread to thread.

Funny my name just got brought up because I came here to post what a clusterf*** that thread has become, ha. I went in there to post about a great Buehrle interview I heard on the score today but didn't even bother because no one would care in there. I pay extra attention to the Marlins, similar to that of the Cubs and them having their own thread, now that they have two of our most famous ex-Sox. I did really believe Buehrle leaving was as notable as Ozzie. Didn't realize the thread would become what it did, but at least it is condensed to one thread. It's kind of annoying how it is spilling over however.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:10 AM)
Funny my name just got brought up because I came here to post what a clusterf*** that thread has become, ha. I went in there to post about a great Buehrle interview I heard on the score today but didn't even bother because no one would care in there. I pay extra attention to the Marlins, similar to that of the Cubs and them having their own thread, now that they have two of our most famous ex-Sox. I did really believe Buehrle leaving was as notable as Ozzie. Didn't realize the thread would become what it did, but at least it is condensed to one thread. It's kind of annoying how it is spilling over however.

So... you're saying that it wasn't an anti-Ozzie conspiracy? :o

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:11 AM)
So... you're saying that it wasn't an anti-Ozzie conspiracy? :o

Who cares who or why the thread was started initially. Mark pitches once every 5 days. It blew up because of ozzie. Anybody could see this coming from, like, 50 miles away.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
Who cares who or why the thread was started initially. Mark pitches once every 5 days. It blew up because of ozzie. Anybody could see this coming from, like, 50 miles away.

You think that a Marlins thread is encouraging anti-Ozzie talk? You don't think that it wasn't inevitable to arrive with Marlins losses and Sox wins? You don't think that it wouldn't infect the mlb thread and PHT all on its own whether there's a thread about the Marlins or not? Who's being thick now?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
You think that a Marlins thread is encouraging anti-Ozzie talk? You don't think that it wasn't inevitable to arrive with Marlins losses and Sox wins? You don't think that it wouldn't infect the mlb thread and PHT all on its own whether there's a thread about the Marlins or not? Who's being thick now?

Um, yes. The Sox have won 6 more games than the marlins. There's no team as good as the nationals in our division. Robin Ventura is not the f***ing angel from angels in the outfield. I think he's done a good job. But that's it. Everybody is lining up to take shots on ozzie now. where were you guys before he left?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 05:33 AM)
Um, yes. The Sox have won 6 more games than the marlins. There's no team as good as the nationals in our division. Robin Ventura is not the f***ing angel from angels in the outfield. I think he's done a good job. But that's it. Everybody is lining up to take shots on ozzie now. where were you guys before he left?

I'm enjoying somebody else getting into it instead of me.

I wonder if Ozzie would be booed if we played the Marlins in the Cell. That would be the lowest day of my Sox fandom. A WS winning manager conceivably could get booed by the home fans. Hopefully he'd be treated like Youk was in Boston or close to that.

Edited by greg775

Winning that World Series was the worst thing to happen the Ozzie.

2005 Ozzie and 2011 Ozzie were totally different.

I stopped supporting Ozzie in 09. Its great Ozzie brought the Sox a WS title, and for that I am grateful, but they doesn't buy him a lifetime pass.

Edited by whitesox901

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:27 AM)
I'm enjoying somebody else getting into it instead of me.

I wonder if Ozzie would be booed if we played the Marlins in the Cell. That would be the lowest day of my Sox fandom. A WS winning manager conceivably could get booed by the home fans. Hopefully he'd be treated like Youk was in Boston or close to that.

It's good they didn't come this season, Dont know what schedule is next season but I'd assume he would be cheered now. Especially because the avg fan wasn't aware of all the drama and way he treated his last season with us.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)

Are you serious? Plenty of people wanted Ozzie gone prior to the 2011 season, myself included. Even more saw the light last year. You were actually one of the group who wanted Ozzie gone. I guess I don't know what your angle is here.

I would hope the lowest moment of a fan would actually have something to do with the team's performance and nothing to do with off-the-field drama.

That's like getting more excited about the National Enquirer or Globe than the movies and t.v. shows the stars appear in in the first place...

In all seriousness, Robin hasn't been as great as we're making him out to be, Ozzie wasn't the worst manager in baseball...it just feels that was because these arguments have become some polarized, back and forth, back and forth.

If someone or anyone says something approaching reasonableness, nobody pays attention.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:04 AM)
Are you serious? Plenty of people wanted Ozzie gone prior to the 2011 season, myself included. Even more saw the light last year. You were actually one of the group who wanted Ozzie gone. I guess I don't know what your angle is here.

Given his posts in the NBA thread, I think it was just that time of the month for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Get over it. Seriously. It isn't just Rios. Guillen led a complete failure of a team last year, which means he failed. It is his job to motivate the players he has on his team. If he doesn't like it, he is in the wrong job. Fastforward to this year. Those same failures are having career years. Peavy, Rios, Dunn, etc. Guillen being too busy fighting with Kenny and worrying about his extension instead of his failure of a team is pisses me off. Could Ozzie forget about money and ego for a while and actually earn his paycheck? He sure as hell didn't earn his check last year, why not the indictment of him?

This. I agree 100%

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 05:57 AM)
This. I agree 100%

If we can't criticize Ozzie, we shouldn't be able to criticize Rios.

Both are rich.

Both didn't earn their paychecks for MOST of 2009-10-11. In some ways, it's an eerie parallel, as Rios and Ozzie were both good for stretches in 2010 and very bad in 2009 and 2011.

Where their paths diverge is 2012.

And yet, the reason we can't criticize Ozzie is because of 2005, so because Rios wasn't a part of that same team, he's therefore an inviting target for constant criticism?

You can't defend (or admire) Ozzie for being rich and then turn around and use that same argument against the players. It's illogical.

Edited by caulfield12

I think from 2004-2008 Ozzie did a great job as a manager of this ballclab. Two division championships and a W.S. title. From 2009-2011 it turned into this "Ozzie Guillen" show all of a sudden. His family would be tweeting terrible things about this ballclub and Ozzie would defend his children. The fact that he started bringing up a contract extension in the middle of last season (when they were only 4 games back) really pissed me off. His team pretty much underachieved the last 3 seasons and he wanted an extension. Ozzie started caring more about Ozzie and less about the team and that W.S. title officially went to his head which is very very sad.

Ozzie is an excellent situational manager. However, he is NOT a good teacher of the game. He is never one to help out a slumping veteran or groom a young player. Makes me wonder why they even needed Omar Vizquel to help "teach" Alexie Ramirez play SS. Didn't Ozzie play SS his whole career? Ozzie is terrible at teaching, coaching and mentoring the younger players. I could not stand his mind set of "If they are in the big leagues, they dont need to be taught" mind set.

From what i have seen thusfar, Robin is doing a great job with the veterans who slumped last year ( it helps having a calm demeanor) AND he is doing a great job with a very, very young bullpen AND he really brought the team together this year. Its pretty cool seeing Dunn hug Viciedo after he hits a HR and vice versa. This team looks loose and they are fun to watch. I haven't seen a team this relaxed since the 2005 season.