THE Ozzie Guillen vs Bobby Valentine POLL!

Steve9347

Ozzie vs Bobby  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a bigger boob?

• Ozzie Guillen
    • Bobby Valentine

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 16, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
I was just wondering this this morning. I'd actually be surprised if Valentine even lasted the entire season...

I know bridges were burned between Francona and ownership, but imagine if this led to Terry Pt. II. I would throw up.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

are you guys serious? Bobby just strengthened the commraderie in his clubhouse tenfold by doing what he did. By making himself the bad guy he made his team rally together. Every group needs a common enemy to bond. I GUARANTEE he just got his players amped up to play better - and I think he did it on purpose. There's no comparison here. Ozzie is just an idiot. Bobby V is a genius.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:41 AM)
are you guys serious? Bobby just strengthened the commraderie in his clubhouse tenfold by doing what he did. By making himself the bad guy he made his team rally together. Every group needs a common enemy to bond. I GUARANTEE he just got his players amped up to play better - and I think he did it on purpose. There's no comparison here. Ozzie is just an idiot. Bobby V is a genius.

Bobby V now has WEEI and WBZ-FM against him as he has called out hosts on both stations as morons - while he also has a radio show weekly on ESPN 1050 New York.

We would take Ozzie in a heatbeat.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:41 AM)

Ahh, the old Herb Brooks approach, eh?

I doubt Bobby is that smart.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
Honestly, the Red Sox just need to break that team up if those comments have been that big of a deal, bunch of guys who haven't matured past elementary school.

"Breaking up the team" might have been a reasonable response to how things went down last year...

Except for the fact that Theo has left them in an absolute mess of a financial situation, and their ownership group won't tolerate a "multi year rebuilding" process.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Honestly, the Red Sox just need to break that team up if those comments have been that big of a deal, bunch of guys who haven't matured past elementary school.

Well I heard yesterday that Pedroia used to play cribbage in Terry Francona's office every day last year.

Is it at all shocking then that he would lead this mutiny?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
"Breaking up the team" might have been a reasonable response to how things went down last year...

Except for the fact that Theo has left them in an absolute mess of a financial situation, and their ownership group won't tolerate a "multi year rebuilding" process.

or fanbase

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 07:27 AM)
Ahh, the old Herb Brooks approach, eh?

I doubt Bobby is that smart.

i don't. the guys is a DAMN good manager and always has been. he's always been tricky and this seems exactly like something he'd do.

btw - Youk hit his first homer last night.

QUOTE (Fenway @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
Bobby V now has WEEI and WBZ-FM against him as he has called out hosts on both stations as morons - while he also has a radio show weekly on ESPN 1050 New York.

We would take Ozzie in a heatbeat.

who gives a crap about what radio personalities think? i thought you guys cared about winning.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
who gives a crap about what radio personalities think? i thought you guys cared about winning.

Well this discussion isnt really about what we think, these arent our managers. Bobby V needs to think about the media, because the media in Boston is a beast unto itself.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
Well this discussion isnt really about what we think, these arent our managers. Bobby V needs to think about the media, because the media in Boston is a beast unto itself.

Ownership hired him for this specific purpose, however, and so they should probably support him a bit more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)

With their payroll flexibility they could accelerate the process with acquiring the right F/A's.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:20 AM)
Ownership hired him for this specific purpose, however, and so they should probably support him a bit more.

I agree with this, but Bobby really stuck his foot in his mouth with what he said about Youk. Heck, even his mea culpa press conference was awkward when he tried to explain what he meant, it made no sense whatsoever.

If you question a players dedication to the game on national tv after 7 games, you better be ready to face the music, and it did not seem like Bobby V was ready for it

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
They have no flexibility, as they are trying to avoid the new cap restrictions.

Yeah, they dumped Scutaro to get under the luxury tax this year, regardless of whether it lost them games. They're a mess right now for the next couple years financially.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
I agree with this, but Bobby really stuck his foot in his mouth with what he said about Youk. Heck, even his mea culpa press conference was awkward when he tried to explain what he meant, it made no sense whatsoever.

If you question a players dedication to the game on national tv after 7 games, you better be ready to face the music, and it did not seem like Bobby V was ready for it

See, I didn't really read it that way...but I agree it was not the right way to go about things.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)

Especially a face of the franchise guy. That stuff needs to take place in the locker room if at all possible. Maybe months down the road, after everything else has failed, then you go public, but not now.