Tigres at Palehose 5/14

Quin

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
There's got to be something physically wrong with Danks.

This season is going to be a long one, revolving door from AA/AAA to Chicago all season long for pitching tryouts.

Nothing looks physically wrong. The stuff is the same, he just sucks

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
I was thinking that the same Sox scout who said De Aza could play CF better than Rios is same person who must have advocated that Teahen could play 3b.

We know Buddy Bell is the one who pushed for the Teahen acquisition because they spent so much time together in KC.

As far as DeAza goes, not sure...think they were primarily looking for a leadoff type hitter to stow in the minors for depth and thought at the time that Rios was going to be the long-term solution there for years to come.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2012 -> 12:57 AM)
I was thinking that the same Sox scout who said De Aza could play CF better than Rios is same person who must have advocated that Teahen could play 3b.

I think that was KW. Plus he thought Danks could be the ace

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)

We know Buddy Bell is the one who pushed for the Teahen acquisition because they spent so much time together in KC.

As far as DeAza goes, not sure...think they were primarily looking for a leadoff type hitter to stow in the minors for depth and thought at the time that Rios was going to be the long-term solution there for years to come.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
How do you explain the loss in velocity? I don't think he's injured, just pressing.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...&position=P

He's down by 1.5 - 2.0 MPH on all of his pitches across the board.

I'm going to venture to make an obvious statement that the Tigers are about to go on a run and take off with the division from this point forward...Smyly can't possibly continue to pitch this well, but he's 100X better than Brad Penny as a fifth starter.

He's the best pitcher ERA-wise in the AL and he's behind Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer and Fister.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
I'm going to venture to make an obvious statement that the Tigers are about to go on a run and take off with the division from this point forward...

Good, better now than in August

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 15, 2012 -> 02:06 AM)
Smyly looks very good. How could you pass him over for Jakob Petricka (picked 4 picks earlier)?

I don't get upset at those type of things when so many other teams missed out on him also.

Maybe it's not QUITE as dramatic as last season because of the different expectations, but a 6-14 run and 6-12 at home is at least putting the organizational thoughts back in the direction of tearing the current team apart with the possible exception of Konerko.

Dunn and Ramirez (when his offensive game recovers in the summer) should be marketed as well. Why not?

Without Peavy, there's so a low magnitude of probability they can be competitive in 2013 and 2014. That's making HUGE assumptions that Danks and Humber don't implode and Sale's elbow stays intact.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 14, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Smyly looks very good. How could you pass him over for Jakob Petricka (picked 4 picks earlier)?

Cause smyly throws hard, petrikca(sp?) has the possibility to have 4 quality pitches... (insert green)