5/17 Games

flavum

Walters definitely worth noting.

Kyle Bellamy is a guy who dropped off the radar missing a season to injury, but he seems to be dialed back in, and it would be nice to see him against some AA hitting this year. He may have a shot yet.

I do still like what Rangel Ravelo is doing with the bat at age 20. No power to speak of yet though. I think I may go see if I can hit up that Scouting the Sally guy, see if there are any reports about his D.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:21 PM)
I do still like what Rangel Ravelo is doing with the bat at age 20. No power to speak of yet though. I think I may go see if I can hit up that Scouting the Sally guy, see if there are any reports about his D.

From what I've heard, his future is likely at 1B.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
Mitchell with his 29th RBI, at .279.

The Carlos Sanchez, Phegley and Ravelo bandwagons have slowed a bit...but none moreso than Tyler Kuhn.

What's wrong with Sanchez? .313 average, .382 OBP. Granted he doesn't have much power, but at least he isn't one of the hitters with inflated stats at BB&T.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:46 PM)
What's wrong with Sanchez? .313 average, .382 OBP. Granted he doesn't have much power, but at least he isn't one of the hitters with inflated stats at BB&T.

And he doesn't turn 20 for another month. As you said he doesn't have a lot of power, but he's got plenty of time to develop some.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:47 AM)
And he doesn't turn 20 for another month. As you said he doesn't have a lot of power, but he's got plenty of time to develop some.

And it doesn't have to be drastic showing. He is probably playing 2B in his future, a position where you can get away with little power.

And Texas is showing once again they have great scouting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
The Carlos Sanchez, Phegley and Ravelo bandwagons have slowed a bit...but none moreso than Tyler Kuhn.

This is a strange post. Sanchez and Ravelo are still doing quite well, especially for their age... and Phegley may have cooled off but still has been quite a nice positive, and has been healthy.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
From what I've heard, his future is likely at 1B.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Coming out of HS i heard the exact opposite, that he was an asset on D.

So, in other words... we have no idea. I'll see what I can dig up. If he's a 1B and doesn't develop a lot more power, he isn't going anywhere.