Youkilis, $5.6 million traded to White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers;

Ken Williams on trading for Kevin Youkilis: "We just felt at this time it was necessary, necessary to do it at this point, sooner rather than later.'' Williams says Youkilis was excited about the trade when he spoke to him. Said Williams: "I can't say exactly what he said. He wants to prove some people wrong ... He said he hasn't felt this good in a long time ... He has a little edge to him. I'm excited to have him on our ballclub.'' The Red Sox agreed to pay most of Youkilis' remaining salary in exchange for Zach Stewart and Brent Lillibridge, who they hope can contribute to their push to get to the playoffs.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Disagree on Youk.

Dang our lineup is going to be beastly. Ninth place hitter could be Alexei and his is pretty dang good especially in second half of the season. Everybody 1-9 can put it on the board. And we blocked Cleves out.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
Rogers;

Ken Williams on trading for Kevin Youkilis: "We just felt at this time it was necessary, necessary to do it at this point, sooner rather than later.'' Williams says Youkilis was excited about the trade when he spoke to him. Said Williams: "I can't say exactly what he said. He wants to prove some people wrong ... He said he hasn't felt this good in a long time ... He has a little edge to him. I'm excited to have him on our ballclub.'' The Red Sox agreed to pay most of Youkilis' remaining salary in exchange for Zach Stewart and Brent Lillibridge, who they hope can contribute to their push to get to the playoffs.

Ok great Youk, you've got me as one of your doubters. Prove me wrong and this team winds up in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Also not great to put him in the 9th spot because then he slows down De Aza's speed game any time he's on base. 8th is a good place to start, and if he suddenly starts hitting like 2 years ago, then move him on up.

Totally agree. I don't want DV bumped downward. He needs the AB's, and not batting until the 3rd inning (sometimes) is no way to get into a rhythm.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Dang our lineup is going to be beastly. Ninth place hitter could be Alexei and his is pretty dang good especially in second half of the season. Everybody 1-9 can put it on the board. And we blocked Cleves out.

Does Kevin Uook have a large fan base. Maybe increase our attendance and get us on the espn Sunday night game which also increases attendance. Or maybe they just raise the price of peanuts.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
Rogers;

Expletive laced? Love it that he's coming here with chip firmly planted on shoulder.

We get a guy with a proven track record, don't have to pay him much at all for a utility guy that has sucked hard the last 12 months and a pitching prospect that's been hot garbage in the majors and may never amount to much.

I'm ok with this.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
We get a guy with a proven track record, don't have to pay him much at all for a utility guy that has sucked hard the last 12 months and a pitching prospect that's been hot garbage in the majors and may never amount to much.

I'm ok with this.

Thats what we call robbery.

Nothing to complain about here at all.

Reasonable gamble, better than the Manny Ramirez one, less expensive for a lot more of the season AND you give him numerous chances to get back at the Red Sox and prove his true worth for next season and the FA market.

Stewart was done here and Lillibridge never became a RV favorite. Just had too big a swing for his approach to be conducive to limited bench play. We will miss his speed and pinch-running abilities, but Jordan Danks can make up for the OF defensive and has above average speed, if not a base-stealer per se.

It also should be a popular move from a team marketing/attendance standpoint...it definitely won't hurt.

Edited by caulfield12