2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
More than hating or liking Rip, I want a good draft pick out of what is going to be a lost season. Get another piece to add to this team.

I've been thinking this for a few weeks. It might be to their long gterm benefit to have a bad season. Get a piece... maybe it's a key bench player or maybe it's a starting SG... then let Boozer go.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate rip, he is what he is. I just think the Bulls are not athletic or young enough to run with the best teams in the NBA. The decision to collect old vets to plug around Rose has backfired.

Jimmy Butlers athleticism is insane, I like what I see from him. I remember people here laughed at me when I said Jimmy Butler is more athletic than Ronnie Brewer.

We need young prospects, however we get them, I'm sick of seeing old broken down vets on this squad.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Jimmy Butlers athleticism is insane, I like what I see from him. I remember people here laughed at me when I said Jimmy Butler is more athletic than Ronnie Brewer.

What? Prove that. I don't see anyone thinking it was worth that argument to say an older guy was less athletic than a younger guy when said younger guy can jump out of the gym.

I'd imagine you said something silly like "is a better defender" and got jumped on - but if I'm wrong, please link to the post where someone laughed at you for saying Jimmy Butler was more athletic than Ronnie Brewer.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Dude, it was like months ago. How am I supposed to find those few posts now?

Trust me when I say people laughed at me, just like you laugh at me for everything else I say here

25.gif

Google.

search= "site:soxtalk.com" and then fill in your key words. I look forward to this as well, because I don't remember this at all either.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Dude, it was like months ago. How am I supposed to find those few posts now?

Trust me when I say people laughed at me, just like you laugh at me for everything else I say here

25.gif

I don't laugh. I ridicule.

I'm fairly confident no one took the time to bother typing the argument that Ronnie Brewer is/was more athletic than Jimmy Butler. You post things like that to bait people into either an argument that never happened, or to prove yourself right for a position you never defended in an argument that never happened.

Listen, I was at the Bulls game Saturday night. Jimmy Butler is athletic as f***, and I'm sure that defensive rebound where it looked like he jumped through the jumbo tron is what prompted your post. All you had to do was post "WOW! Jimmy Butler's athletic!" to start a constructive conversation.

Instead, you create your forte: controversy.

It's funny going back to read that conversation now. Damn, J4L was a dick to me for basically no reason.

J4L: lol. Outside of Taj, there's nobody on this roster with above average athleticism (not counting Rose right now).

RZZZA:Marco Bellinili is a better athlete than Korver. Butler is a better athlete than Brewer. Nate Robinson is a better athlete than Lucas. The improvement is gradual but enough to make an impact on games. I mean, we have actual guys that can execute a fast break now! A while ago we had nobody except Rose who would be good on a break.

J4L:I'm a better athlete than wite. That doesn't mean I'm athletic. And butler is NOT a better athlete than Brewer. Nate? You've got dunk contests from 2005 on the brain or something.

RZZZA: Nate is an actual NBA PG with years of experience. Lucas is a D league scrub. Nate can penetrate the lane and have some hope of finishing. Lucas cannot. Nate can pass the ball. Lucas can not. Let me just win this one bro, Nate is a much better player (not just athlete) than Lucas. and hell yes Butler is a better athlete than Brewer. What can Brewer do that Butler can't?

RZZZA: Butler is a real good athlete bro, not sure what you're seeing but...

J4L: Maybe by college basketball standards. He's got good size. I'm not saying he's going to be a scrub. But he doesn't standout from an athletic standpoint.

RZZZA: He can dunk, he can handle the ball a little and penetrate the lane and either lay it up or draw a foul. He can hit free throws at 80+%. He doesn't have a chicken wing arm that prevents him from ever being a consistent jump shooter. That's already better than Brewer. Defensively, he's not Ronnie Brewer but he's still very good. Stays with his man, challenges shots, doesn't foul much. Did a good job guarding Melo and Wade, wasn't lost or intimidated. Didn't make dumb mistakes.

J4L: lol. Oh my goodness. What are you talking about? He can dunk? Wow. So can Carlos Boozer. Luc Longley could come out of retirement and you'll try to turn it into a potential positive.

RZZZA: Dude, Boozer cannot run the floor, and penetrate the lane and dunk. Comparing Boozers athleticism to Jimmy's is downright horrible.

KyYlE23:This word you keep saying, I do not think it means what you think it means

RZZZA: It means players who can do things Carlos Boozer and Kurt Thomas can't.

KyYlE23: Hell of a bar you set there

J4L: Kurt Thomas? Oh my goodness. I'm not talking to you anymore.

lol

I like Rip too, but he definitely looked better when Rose and everyone else was healthy. And his defense is much worse than advertised. With Rose going out his role has kind of been lost, and as a result he looks worse on offense than he should. We shouldn't forget that the Bulls FO decided to bring Rip here with the idea that he would be good next to Rose. How pissed do you think Rip is? He came here to chase championships in his twilight years.

Source: Bulls star Derrick Rose just weeks from practicing

It now looks like it was no coincidence that Adidas showed the final episode of Derrick Rose’s ‘‘The Return’’ ad campaign last week.

According to an NBA source, while ‘‘The Return’’ to the court for NBA games is still up in the air for Rose, the all-everything point guard could be just weeks away from practicing with the Bulls again after surgery on his left anterior cruciate ligament last May.

‘‘That’s the belief that a couple of [the Bulls’] players are under,’’ the source said.

Rose has been expected to be able to play in games by February, but that has been inferred more than actually stated. Even if the Bulls receive the ultimate Christmas present of getting him back on the practice court just before Dec. 25, it doesn’t mean he’s necessarily ahead of that February schedule — or behind it.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/16...-returning.html

With the way Redick is playing so far this season, the Bulls would be a fair bit better now if they were able to end up with him 2.5 seasons ago.

That said, Rob Hennigan will definitely re-sign him and probably pay overs to do so, as he fits the culture they want to build after the Dwightmare.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Fun fact: Marco Bellineli is shooting better from 3 than J.j. Reddick is.

I think Marco can still be the dead-eye 3pt shooter we so badly need

Frankly, he has to be, because otherwise he is worthless.

He's just getting comfortable, he's been looking a lot better than the first few weeks he was here. He's still hesitating a lot on his shot though, worse than Kyle Korver in his first year as a Bull. He does that pump-fake/step under the line move a lot instead of just raising up.

Belinelli was having a tough time playing offense after playing defense early in the year. Even he admits that he's never been in a system that prioritized defense before. Now he has his legs under him.