2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes me sad that the Bulls could have had OJ Mayo for the same price as Kirk Hinrich. Instead of having a 25 year old SG with upside who has played extremely well this year we signed a guy who was clearly declining and has been amongst the worst players in the NBA. Awesome.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
It makes me sad that the Bulls could have had OJ Mayo for the same price as Kirk Hinrich. Instead of having a 25 year old SG with upside who has played extremely well this year we signed a guy who was clearly declining and has been amongst the worst players in the NBA. Awesome.

I decided to really watch, undistracted, last night.

WOW was it terrible.

edit: I can't even imagine the times when he was starting anymore, and why he was considered good. He just doesn't push our offense, and our offense needs a dynamic point guard.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
I am fairly certain that I have yet to see Kirk Hinrich make an actual shot while I am watching. I know he has, but I have not seen one yet.

I have, he tried to drive the lane, got stopped immediately, stumbled and whipped the ball by his hip to hit the front of the rim.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
I decided to really watch, undistracted, last night.

WOW was it terrible.

edit: I can't even imagine the times when he was starting anymore, and why he was considered good. He just doesn't push our offense, and our offense needs a dynamic point guard.

He is one of my least favorite Bulls in the post Jordan era. I was not happy when he was brought back.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
He is one of my least favorite Bulls in the post Jordan era. I was not happy when he was brought back.

Isn't Kirk getting earning more than Mayo? Didn't also get more years? f***in' facepalm.

Edited by chw42

Meh.

Two people that need to start playing better are Noah and Deng. They're our all-stars and they need to play liek all-stars: consistently good.

Noah seems to have found a better offensive game but it doesn't show up every night.

Deng needs to step up but he's trying to do things he's never been that great at: dribbling, creating, going iso. Yesterday I thought his poor play cost us the game. He let Paul George go off and he caused many key turnovers.

Today, while he played pretty well, he's still turning the ball over as much as he's assisting buckets.

He's got to play better, a 15 PER (and I know some of you don't like PER) is just not good enough from a guy who is supposed to be our 2nd best player

Same can be said for Boozer, but I've given up on Boozer. He's a goner soon any way.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 08:21 AM)
Apparently, Rose has been dunking for weeks.

According to Ric Bucher, Derrick Rose has been dunking for the past few weeks, however, he has not yet been cleared for full contact practice.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 05:10 AM)
Meh.

Two people that need to start playing better are Noah and Deng. They're our all-stars and they need to play liek all-stars: consistently good.

Noah seems to have found a better offensive game but it doesn't show up every night.

Deng needs to step up but he's trying to do things he's never been that great at: dribbling, creating, going iso. Yesterday I thought his poor play cost us the game. He let Paul George go off and he caused many key turnovers.

Today, while he played pretty well, he's still turning the ball over as much as he's assisting buckets.

He's got to play better, a 15 PER (and I know some of you don't like PER) is just not good enough from a guy who is supposed to be our 2nd best player

Same can be said for Boozer, but I've given up on Boozer. He's a goner soon any way.

Re: Deng, not to dismiss his criticism, but he's playing with a few new players and he's handling the ball way more than he's used to. This is a recipe for turnovers.

Especially when your point guard is awful.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 5, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)

Yes. Clearly the f***ing problem with this team is their two best players. Especially Noah, who despite sacrificing some efficiency is scoring more then ever, has increased his dimes by 3 per game, and has doubled his block output. Or Deng getting his PER back up to pre-wrist injury levels while leading the team in scoring (18.1) while grabbing 7 boards per game. IT'S ALL ON THEM!

The problem with this team certainly is not the clusterf*** at point guard, and certainly has nothing to do with the fact that Nate and Kirk are opposite ends of the spectrum awful - one just chucks and does nothing for his teammates, one would get schooled in a rec league

Certainly, it's all on Joakim Noah and Luol Deng, and has nothing to do with Taj Gibson playing like hot garbage. The problem certainly lies with Noah and Deng, and not the horrendous play from anyone at the shooting guard position.

Christ, man. I watch a lot of Bulls basketball. It's ROUGH. But one thing I am not coming away thinking is "I wish Noah and Deng would start playing better".

EDIT: I'm so used to being disappointed in Boozer, that I didn't bother. BUT F*CK CARLOS BOOZER. It certainly can't be on him, though, can it? He's so God-damned horrific I want to find him and slit his throat.

Edited by Steve9347

I won't say anything about Carlos Boozer until his backup plays like an NBA player again. He's also pretty reliant on the PG position for scoring, and we don't seem to be high on those guys right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I won't say anything about Carlos Boozer until his backup plays like an NBA player again. He's also pretty reliant on the PG position for scoring, and we don't seem to be high on those guys right now.

Boozer sucks ass.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 12:10 AM)
Meh.

So we are just going to ignore your preseason predictions for Hinrich to actually be a good NBA player and blame the Bulls issues on two of the 3 or 4 guys on the team that have actually played good basketball? Starting caliber Nazr Mohammed looks awesome btw.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
So we are just going to ignore your preseason predictions for Hinrich to actually be a good NBA player and blame the Bulls issues on two of the 3 or 4 guys on the team that have actually played good basketball? Starting caliber Nazr Mohammed looks awesome btw.

Ha, Kirk will average a double double with a block per game! Woooooo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 6, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
I hated that f*** in his best years, so I knew I'd dislike slower, injured Kirk a lot more.

You'd think he would be like "Okay, I'm older, have less speed if that's possible, and even less quickness, I should develop a deadly jump shot, and become a great 3 point shooter"...

instead he's gotten WORSE at that as well.