2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
I would say that's a horrible description of him. He's shooting 53 percent from 3 and has been the best player on one k the best teams in the country. Ronnie Brewer and his non existent jump shot has zero to do with Oladipo.

It's a fair comparison. He's shooting 53% but, making less than 1 three a game, in the past years, he shot 30% and 20% from the three. We all know the NBA range is not the same the college range. Derrick Williams shot an insane 57% from 3s a couple years ago, what is he doing now? If you must know, Ronnie Brewer shot almost 40% from 3s in one year in college with more makes than Oladipo.

And there are other similarities in their game besides the jump shot.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:12 AM)
It's a fair comparison. He's shooting 53% but, making less than 1 three a game, in the past years, he shot 30% and 20% from the three. We all know the NBA range is not the same the college range. Derrick Williams shot an insane 57% from 3s a couple years ago, what is he doing now? If you must know, Ronnie Brewer shot almost 40% from 3s in one year in college with more makes than Oladipo.

And there are other similarities in their game besides the jump shot.

Yes, that year Ronnie made a staggering 36 3's so great point. I'm sure oladipo won't even come close to that amount.

He has a better shot and is making a high percentage from both 2 and 3. He would be a solid fit next to Rose at the 2.

Also,

f*** Nazr Muhammed. He's already a dumbass who thinks anyone with a college doctorate gets paid as much as NBA players and that they're easy to get. Now he's so bad I might see more minutes at center.

Get Rip's ass out of here for Mozgov. Anything. Just goddamn any backup big will do.

Wonder what Thibs can do with a guy like Jarrid Famous.

Famous is a fairly rare specimen from a physical standpoint , standing 6-11, with nice length and a frame that can definitely still fill out. He is a very mobile big man who runs the floor well and is pretty explosive getting off his feet. Simply put, players with Famous' size and athleticism don't grow on trees, and they'll always get the benefit of the doubt in the evaluation process for that reason.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2JickqJCb

The rest of his scouting report doesnt look that grand but it'd be intriguing to see what Thibs could get out of him.

He's on our D-League affiliate team.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Also,

f*** Nazr Muhammed. He's already a dumbass who thinks anyone with a college doctorate gets paid as much as NBA players and that they're easy to get. Now he's so bad I might see more minutes at center.

Get Rip's ass out of here for Mozgov. Anything. Just goddamn any backup big will do.

Well, to be fair, right now I'm just about as effective of a CF as he, so the Bulls could sign a person with a Ph.D. if they wanted.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
How long is Noah out for?

Noah said after game he's dealing with plantar fasciitis and will be cautious. Sounds like Noah, Hinrich and Boozer still all out Saturday

— Sam Smith (@SamSmithHoops) February 2, 2013

Noah said it’s his right foot, not related to previous left foot issues. #Bulls

— Teddy Greenstein (@TeddyGreenstein) February 2, 2013

I can't believe people were actually clamoring for J.R. Smith to make the All-Star team. 39% from the field and a .488 TS% is far from ASG material.

Brook Lopez actually deserved it, he totally got snubbed to begin with.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 01:26 AM)
I can't believe people were actually clamoring for J.R. Smith to make the All-Star team. 39% from the field and a .488 TS% is far from ASG material.

Brook Lopez actually deserved it, he totally got snubbed to begin with.

Lopez should have made it over Bosh, IMO

I like the fact that we won with "small" ball last night, which gives some hope that we could play small with the Heat in a playoff series as well, which will take Boozer out of the picture. Take the Heat's small ball lineup:

Bosh/Haslem

Battier/Lewis

Lebron

Wade

Allen/Chalmers

If we can counter with

Noah/Boozer

Deng/Gibson

Butler

Robinson/Bellineli

Rose

Where Deng will check Lebron and Butler will check Wade. Nate and Rose will take turns checking Battier and Allen. Nate Robinson, while diminutive and has some shot selection issues, has proven that he can be effective running the offense, hitting the long ball, and being an instant source of offense. He and Deng can be the second and third options behind Rose.

This is a bit premature given Rose hasn't played a minute this season yet, but I think we can match up great in the playoffs.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
I like the fact that we won with "small" ball last night, which gives some hope that we could play small with the Heat in a playoff series as well, which will take Boozer out of the picture. Take the Heat's small ball lineup:

Bosh/Haslem

Battier/Lewis

Lebron

Wade

Allen/Chalmers

If we can counter with

Noah/Boozer

Deng/Gibson

Butler

Robinson/Bellineli

Rose

Where Deng will check Lebron and Butler will check Wade. Nate and Rose will take turns checking Battier and Allen. Nate Robinson, while diminutive and has some shot selection issues, has proven that he can be effective running the offense, hitting the long ball, and being an instant source of offense. He and Deng can be the second and third options behind Rose.

This is a bit premature given Rose hasn't played a minute this season yet, but I think we can match up great in the playoffs.

I thought Heat is struggling vs. teams playing with 'big' guys up front or something like that?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
I thought Heat is struggling vs. teams playing with 'big' guys up front or something like that?

Whatever they're doing right now...might not matter one iota when they try to "Flip the switch" come April.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)

Bosh/Haslem

Battier/Lewis

Lebron

Wade

Allen/Chalmers

If we can counter with

Noah/Boozer

Deng/Gibson

Butler

Robinson/Bellineli

Rose

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)

As justBlaze mentioned, you don't want to play small ball with the Heat. That's where they actually win. You want to force the Heat to matchup to you and play big. That's where they've lost consistently when they have lost.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2013 -> 08:29 PM)
Whatever they're doing right now...might not matter one iota when they try to "Flip the switch" come April.

That and if the Bulls limp into the playoffs, they have no shot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
Big game against the Pacers tonite, they have been playing extremely well lately

It's going to be a tough February to be honest, especially with injuries racking up. I don't see them winning this game as Indy also depends on outhustling their team, but yet, are much closer to 100%.