2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fun game. Nice job Bulls. Hinrich had a studly effort on Deron. Defense was just lockdown. Boozer with a great game. Noah was a beast and props to Rose. He did a nice job getting in the guys ears and cheering. Secretly I hope that it also gets him more into the game and hopefully more willing to get on the court.

Great job Bulls!!!

Belinelli was total horses***. Single handedly looked like he wanted to cost the Bulls the game with his selfish offense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 02:46 AM)
What a fun game. Nice job Bulls. Hinrich had a studly effort on Deron. Defense was just lockdown. Boozer with a great game. Noah was a beast and props to Rose. He did a nice job getting in the guys ears and cheering. Secretly I hope that it also gets him more into the game and hopefully more willing to get on the court.

Great job Bulls!!!

Belinelli was total horses***. Single handedly looked like he wanted to cost the Bulls the game with his selfish offense.

Nice birthday gift for you!

I'm unsure as to why Marc Gasol got DPOY when Larry Sanders would have blocked 4 shots a game had he averaged 36 minutes...

I've never really thought of Marc Gasol as an elite defender either.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 01:06 AM)
I'm unsure as to why Marc Gasol got DPOY when Larry Sanders would have blocked 4 shots a game had he averaged 36 minutes...

I've never really thought of Marc Gasol as an elite defender either.

Would have been Noah if he hadn't gotten hurt at the end.

As much of a Rose supporter I have been here the past few weeks, if watching Noah beast up last night can't motivate him to try and get out there for the next game, even I am disappointed.

Just say you're not coming back this season so we can all move on.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
Thibs already said it.

Not as an absolute.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/tag/...me/derrick-rose

Thibodeau said on Saturday that Rose was "most likely out" for the postseason but he continues to hold out hope that Rose may be able to play at some point as he continues to recover from ACL surgery.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 08:13 AM)

Yeah, I guess the window is open.

Watching the game last night was just strange. It seems like Rose doesn't care, then you see how into the game he is and excited. WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING!?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
Yeah, I guess the window is open.

Watching the game last night was just strange. It seems like Rose doesn't care, then you see how into the game he is and excited. WHY ISN'T HE PLAYING!?

Out of respect to guys like Jo, Taj, and Kirk, he needs to either shut himself down, or man up and play. If he won't do it, someone in the Bulls organization needs to do it for him. I don't care if it is Thibs, Gar, Pax, or even Stacey King. Shut his ass down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
Out of respect to guys like Jo, Taj, and Kirk, he needs to either shut himself down, or man up and play. If he won't do it, someone in the Bulls organization needs to do it for him. I don't care if it is Thibs, Gar, Pax, or even Stacey King. Shut his ass down.

But you can't shut him down. What if the Bulls make it to the 2nd round and Rose wants to play against the Heat?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
But you can't shut him down. What if the Bulls make it to the 2nd round and Rose wants to play against the Heat?

At this point...no.

That's the one thing he's not doing. His first games back will not be a 4 game stretch against the Heat.

I'm going to throw him out there since he had a great game : Boozer crushed the glass last night. I wonder what his rebound rate was b/c with my eyes it seemed like he was getting everything (despite the fact that brooklyn was constantly allowed to push our rebounders in the back and try and knock them out of bounds).

Add that to his offensive performance, and it was a hell of a night for him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
I'm going to throw him out there since he had a great game : Boozer crushed the glass last night. I wonder what his rebound rate was b/c with my eyes it seemed like he was getting everything (despite the fact that brooklyn was constantly allowed to push our rebounders in the back and try and knock them out of bounds).

Add that to his offensive performance, and it was a hell of a night for him.

I meant to mention this in the post I made about Noah, got sidetracked and forgot. Boozer was a beast. He even had that nasty block.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
At this point...no.

That's the one thing he's not doing. His first games back will not be a 4 game stretch against the Heat.

If he wants to then why not? He's been dominating 5 on 5 for what, 2 months now? A part of me hopes that's the plan. Throw him out there as a surprise for the Heat and screw up their game plan. The other part of me feels like that's a silly plan, but is there really anything to lose??

Against a team like the Nets with a stud PG, are we arguably better off with Kirk out there than Derrick if Kirk is going to shut down Deron? Especially if Kirk can contribute 10-15 like he's done? In this series, Derrick would likely have to be averaging 25+ just to outscore Deron Williams.