7/3 Games

flavum

I really struggle with how to view Saladino. On one hand, he possesses some very interesting skills: great defense, great baserunner, and a tremendous eye at the plate (and displayed real good power the past two years from a middle infielder). On the other hand, he is really struggling to make contact in AA with a poor average and lots of Ks. I guess worst-case scenario he becomes a utility infielder for us, but I just love his OBP skills and defense. At SS, he probably can get away with his poor contact rate and become a decent everyday SS.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
I really struggle with how to view Saladino. On one hand, he possesses some very interesting skills: great defense, great baserunner, and a tremendous eye at the plate (and displayed real good power the past two years from a middle infielder). On the other hand, he is really struggling to make contact in AA with a poor average and lots of Ks. I guess worst-case scenario he becomes a utility infielder for us, but I just love his OBP skills and defense. At SS, he probably can get away with his poor contact rate and become a decent everyday SS.

That doesn't have to be worst-case scenario. Worst case scenario is he never makes it above AA and eventually becomes a minor league free agent.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 06:37 PM)

I think the Sox have been making him take pitches in order to become more selective at the plate. Outside of increasing his BB total, the results haven't been encouraging. That being said, he's 23 and should start in AA next year. Plenty of time for Saladino to turn it around.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)
I think they go with the old "empty out the bullpen before the ASB" rotation

Is Sale officially not going on Sunday? We should pull him now in this 10-0 laugher so he can.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
Walker went 3/5 yet again. Stole his 36th base. Having a pretty sexy season, just needs to strike out less, and get more extra base hits.

DeMichele went 3/4. Hitting .571 in his 2 games since his promotion.

Walker's walk rate is outstanding. Looking like a great leadoff prospect.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Eric Grabe had an 8-game hitting streak coming into tonight's game.

So far on the season batting .371 (13 hits in 35 ABs).

Grabe is the draftee whose father is a member of SoxTalk. Gotta pull for him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
That Alex Williams who plays 1B for Bristol (when Barnum's out) looks like a freaking middle linebacker for Ohio State or Michigan.

Just looked at his bio. 6'6 260 LB. Jeeeeesus.