GT: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
go sox go, go sox go, hey chicago whattaya say, the sox are gonna win today

last time i did that they won 19-2 against a top team. obey the superstition

20470945.jpg

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
I hope this isn't an ESPN blackout game for locals. I love watching the national broadcasts when I can.

It almost certainly will be. It looks like ESPN picked this game up, it wasn't pre-arranged. Since it's being dual-cast, you are likely to see ESPN News on, instead.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
Couldn't find anything desirable to do this afternoon/evening so we grabbed some tickets to the game! Hoping for an American winner!

Great view of fireworks around the whole city coming down the ramp after the game ends.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
Couldn't find anything desirable to do this afternoon/evening so we grabbed some tickets to the game! Hoping for an American winner!

You will know what heaven is like tonight when the game is ova and you hit air conditioning. I went last night and had a great time but it was Africa hot. Hit the shower, hit the rain room, still sweated my nut bag off. I never had been more happy to be in a CTA train when I walked in after the game. It felt like it was 30 degrees in the train. Eventually my body adjusted and it probably was closer to 80, but it was fantastic the first 5 minutes.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
go sox go, go sox go, hey chicago whattaya say, the sox are gonna win today

last time i did that they won 19-2 against a top team. obey the superstition

you don't learn.

ugh.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
You will know what heaven is like tonight when the game is ova and you hit air conditioning. I went last night and had a great time but it was Africa hot. Hit the shower, hit the rain room, still sweated my nut bag off. I never had been more happy to be in a CTA train when I walked in after the game. It felt like it was 30 degrees in the train. Eventually my body adjusted and it probably was closer to 80, but it was fantastic the first 5 minutes.

I imagine we'll end up at Bacardi at The Park or the Bullpen bar around the 5th or 6th inning. I've been at some hot ones.. I expect this one to be the worst of the bunch... Still pumped to get out there and see Axelrod though! Nothing like busting out my 2001 "Sunday Best" jersey (in honor of the centennial of the AMERICAN league) for an American occasion like today!