The latest Franchise episode

Frank_Thomas

They both go on a rant about how people in Chicago forgot what he did for us, that we think he knows nothing about baseball, blah blah blah. They are so delusional. Ozzie we lost respect for you because of how you handled the team last year. How you checked out and made it all about you and your contract. That's why we are happy you aren't managing here. Now it's all about BASEBALL. I love you for all the wins as a manager and player. I love you for the best memory of my life a world series championship. But when you act like this it's hard to like you.

Anyone else see this tonight?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
They both go on a rant about how people in Chicago forgot what he did for us, that we think he knows nothing about baseball, blah blah blah. They are so delusional. Ozzie we lost respect for you because of how you handled the team last year. How you checked out and made it all about you and your contract. That's why we are happy you aren't managing here. Now it's all about BASEBALL. I love you for all the wins as a manager and player. I love you for the best memory of my life a world series championship. But when you act like this it's hard to like you.

Anyone else see this tonight?

Both?

Mark didn't go on a rant...did he?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
God this man is a delusional arrogant prick.

No two ways about it, I don't get it. He must just listen to what Joe Cowley spoon feeds him in the AM.

I will say it was pretty funny when they informed Infante he was traded.

Bienfiest: You've been traded back to Detroit.

Infante: Thank You!

Ozzie: Thank you? F**k you.

Lol gotta love seeing Oz embarrassed on the spot. I swear as soon as Ozzie heard the trade was to Detroit he smiled big time. I can't wait for next week when the rug is pulled out underneath him when they show the Hanley for a Bucket of Balls trade.Karma.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

we need to win a world series soon so that they cant keep saying that we only have one because of ozzie. May sound dumb but the only reason i hate ozzie is because of his family. Otherwise i wouldnt really care but i cant stand the guillens

MEANWHILE ON THE FRANCHISE: WHITE SOX

Kenny: Robin, I got you Brett Myers.

Robin: Ok.

Kenny: Ok...? Wait, seriously, nothing else?

Robin: No.

Kenny: I expected you to go "REED'S MY FOCKING CLOSER AND NOW YOU GET ANOTHER TO UNDERMINE MY RESPECT IN THE CLUBHOUSE?"

Robin: "..."

May sound dumb but the only reason i hate ozzie is because of his family. Otherwise i wouldnt really care but i cant stand the guillens

I hate Ozzie because I would have to strain to understand his post game rants. So nice to have a manager who speaks intelligible English.

...And who also does not go on post game rants.

Edited by RZZZA

Watching it right now.

I hate Oney Guillen so much. Seriously. Let him just disappear from the public eye forever. Ozzie's probably still here if Oney learned to shut up.

And Ozzie, we remember the good. The problem is we also remember the bad. As good as it got, that's how ugly it got.

Wondering when #13 will be retired. That'll be an interesting ceremony.

Edit: That being said, I couldn't help but smile when Ozzie interacted with fans.

But then every time Oney or Ibis was on, I felt like vomiting.

Edited by Quinarvy

Like or hate Ozzie, this is a special clip.

Manager talking to prima donna closer; i love the part when he tells Bell that nobody wants him on the mound, not the owner, not his wife, nobody except Ozzie. Cool stuff to get to see on TV.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:54 AM)
Showtime

Ugggghhhhhhhhh

I don't have showtime anymore. I switched back to HBO for "True Blood". :-( Ill switch back to Showtime when "Dexter" comes back on, and keep it for "Shameless".

Would've loved to see the Infante conversation, lol. Bummer.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
No two ways about it, I don't get it. He must just listen to what Joe Cowley spoon feeds him in the AM.

I will say it was pretty funny when they informed Infante he was traded.

Bienfiest: You've been traded back to Detroit.

Infante: Thank You!

Ozzie: Thank you? F**k you.

Lol gotta love seeing Oz embarrassed on the spot. I swear as soon as Ozzie heard the trade was to Detroit he smiled big time. I can't wait for next week when the rug is pulled out underneath him when they show the Hanley for a Bucket of Balls trade.Karma.

the franchise is that current?

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 07:04 AM)
the franchise is that current?

At the end of the show it had Hanley being traded. It is really unbelievable, they are editing the show within days of the situation

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
MEANWHILE ON THE FRANCHISE: WHITE SOX

Kenny: Robin, I got you Brett Myers.

Robin: Ok.

Kenny: Ok...? Wait, seriously, nothing else?

Robin: No.

Kenny: I expected you to go "REED'S MY FOCKING CLOSER AND NOW YOU GET ANOTHER TO UNDERMINE MY RESPECT IN THE CLUBHOUSE?"

Robin: "..."

:notworthy:

And it ends with

Kenny: [hugs Robin}

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
Watching it right now.

I hate Oney Guillen so much. Seriously. Let him just disappear from the public eye forever. Ozzie's probably still here if Oney learned to shut up.

And Ozzie, we remember the good. The problem is we also remember the bad. As good as it got, that's how ugly it got.

Wondering when #13 will be retired. That'll be an interesting ceremony.

Edit: That being said, I couldn't help but smile when Ozzie interacted with fans.

But then every time Oney or Ibis was on, I felt like vomiting.

Every time Ozzie speak, the ceremony gets pushed back. It also gets pushed back every time the Sox win without him.

Ozzie is a jackass, as is his family. It's so refreshing not to have that bulls*** drama here. His managing was terrible and he will be out of baseball in a year, if not after this year. The guy is a quitter and a crybaby and wannabe tough guy.

My DVR cut off before the last few minutes, but I was expecting a lot worse after reading this thread. It was nothing terrible that the Guillen's said. If anything, it was annoying that 80% of the show focused on Ozzie and his family instead of focusing on the players (which is always the best part of these shows).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 01:35 AM)
Like or hate Ozzie, this is a special clip.

Manager talking to prima donna closer; i love the part when he tells Bell that nobody wants him on the mound, not the owner, not his wife, nobody except Ozzie. Cool stuff to get to see on TV.

I like how he talked to him but having his feet up like that makes him look like such a duesch