AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
Wow what a game. Way to battle when with your starter sucking it up. Bullpen gets a gold star for the effort as well.

Rios!!

Just got back from it. One of the best games that i have been to in quite a while. Cant wait to see the replay game. From our seats, it looked like Rioses HR could have been caught if it was timed better. Also.....cant wait to see a replay of Dunn plowing into Inaetta.

QUOTE (johnnymick @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 07:38 AM)
There are three people who are celebrating in this picture: the batboy, a little kid in the crowd, and Ventura. Haha, I like it.

Actually that was Jeff Manto. Like a proud teacher watching his pupil too.

QUOTE (johnnymick @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 07:38 AM)
There are three people who are celebrating in this picture: the batboy, a little kid in the crowd, and Ventura. Haha, I like it.

I don't think that is Ventura. I think it is Parent. Ventura is right next to the batboy.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
I love seeing Rios celebrating with his teammates. The guy looked miserable all of last year. Something tells me he didn't get along with Oz.

I think Alex Rios does care, a lot. When he's going bad, he sulks. Last year, everything was bad for him. He did a good job making contact, but not a lot went his way.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
Say on the FREAK occasion where they ruled in favor of a protest. Does the game just continue from that spot on? It seems like a real bad precedent to start having judgment calls be overturned via protest. Kinda ironic cause Sox got screwed by a runner inside the line this week as well.

Only nobody woke Robin up to tell him about it.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
Man...

All the bad feelings around here about Rios last year... people talking about how he was lazy and worthless and didn't care... It makes it feel that much better seeing him do so well for the team.

Good s*** Rios... Good s***.

Manto got him out of that ridiculous batting stance he had. It's amazing Walker wouldn't/couldn't. And not being around the Ozzie clubhouse had to help as well.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 3, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
"I think it's a very clear case in our favor...all 3 umpires agree he was inside the line. But they said they have discretion not to call it if he didn't disrupt the throw.." Soscia is pissed

Sorry Mike, they have interpreted the rule correctly. Perhaps their judgement that he didn't disrupt the throw was incorrect, we will never really know, but then it becomes a judgement call, for which protests are denied. I bet Angel catchers drill anyone outside the lane from now on.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
Manto got him out of that ridiculous batting stance he had. It's amazing Walker wouldn't/couldn't. And not being around the Ozzie clubhouse had to help as well.

Rios and Ozzie are supposed to be tight. I don't know if it was a legitmate friendship or something that started when Rios and KW almost came to blows last year, and Ozzie figured anyone who wanted to punch KW was a good friend of his.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
Rios and Ozzie are supposed to be tight. I don't know if it was a legitmate friendship or something that started when Rios and KW almost came to blows last year, and Ozzie figured anyone who wanted to punch KW was a good friend of his.

They may or may not have been tight, but even if they were friends it was still probably a good thing for Rios to be away from Ozzie and the atmosphere he created around the team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
I seriously wonder if some of these big contract guys are too comfortable with Ozzie as the manager because they know they're never going to be benched.

I think they also never got challenged to work hard in the offseason/spring and were assumed that they knew how to get themselves ready.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
Did Hawk and Stone talk about the protest at all tonight?

I didn't notice, but I was kinda in and out of the game.

Did anyone see Pujols barking at AJ after hitting that HR? The guys on Baseball Tonight pointed it out, playoff atmosphere baby.

Let's get those suckers tomorrow!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
I didn't notice, but I was kinda in and out of the game.

Did anyone see Pujols barking at AJ after hitting that HR? The guys on Baseball Tonight pointed it out, playoff atmosphere baby.

Let's get those suckers tomorrow!

Good. Keep pissing off AJ.