AND THAT'S YET ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
Great win, but the Chris Perez implosion still pisses me off.

He won't have to worry about begging fans to come.

Totally ruined what could have been a perfect day for the Sox.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
Totally ruined what could have been a perfect day for the Sox.

I'm pretty happy with being up 1.5 after this weekend though. 2.5 would have made for a great day, but like flavum keeps saying, Sox just need to worry about themselves and get to 90 wins. Also, it doesn't hurt to pick up a game this weekend on the main wild card contender.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
I'm pretty happy with being up 1.5 after this weekend though. 2.5 would have made for a great day, but like flavum keeps saying, Sox just need to worry about themselves and get to 90 wins. Also, it doesn't hurt to pick up a game this weekend on the main wild card contender.

It's basically a race to 20-over .500. The team that gets there and maintains it, wins the division.

Damn, I just saw the highlights of the Tigers walk off homer win. A win like that really boosts team morale. If they lost this game there was a chance they would have gone into NY dejected and down but now they're the opposite.

lame :/

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Damn, I just saw the highlights of the Tigers walk off homer win. A win like that really boosts team morale. If they lost this game there was a chance they would have gone into NY dejected and down but now they're the opposite.

lame :/

After the Indians scored 3, I thought the Tigers were screwed. With a hard week coming up and losing a game that they pretty much had in the bottom of the 9th could have sunk their entire team.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Royals come to town feeling good about walking off the Rangers.

Sox have to go 4-2 this week, minimum.

Hopefully the Tigers go 3-4 or worse.

3 game lead a week from now would be nice.

For the Tigers, that would be a split with NY and 1-2 at Texas. That is probably the best they will do because I don't see them winning 3 of 4 against NY or winning 2 of 3 in Texas.

We get 6 at home, 3 vs KC, day off, then 3 vs OAK. 4-2 should be the low end, I am hoping for 5-1 with Detroit going 2-5.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
Great win, but the Chris Perez implosion still pisses me off.

He won't have to worry about begging fans to come.

This...Indians are f***in' worthless.

Great win tho!!!

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
For the Tigers, that would be a split with NY and 1-2 at Texas. That is probably the best they will do because I don't see them winning 3 of 4 against NY or winning 2 of 3 in Texas.

We get 6 at home, 3 vs KC, day off, then 3 vs OAK. 4-2 should be the low end, I am hoping for 5-1 with Detroit going 2-5.

That'd put us up by 5 games. I'd love that.

If a three game sweep of your direct rival doesn't get you going, I don't think a miracle comeback against an awful team where at the end of the day you gain ZERO ground will either.

All Detroit did was lose another game left in the season.

I say this is more deflating for them. Sox won 2 of 3 against a damn good team with comebacks in all three games. Detroit beat up on the slow kid and still needed to score almost 10 runs to do it. f*** em.