GT: Royals @ Sox, 7:10, CSN

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
You do know who Mike Trout is, no? Or Andrew McCutchen? Some dude named Ryan Braun, I don't know, hitting the baseball really well? Has Rios had a fine bounce-back season? Yes. Has he been the White Sox best player? No doubt. Best in baseball? No, no, no.

I never said he was the best player in baseball....I said he has been as good, if not better. I know his WAR can't be as high as a lot of the players you named.

I realize that Trout is a monster and nobody will ever hold his jock, and he's Willie Mays and all....and yeah that Braun guy is good and McCutchen is outta his mind this year.

I saw Rios and Trout on the same field the other night. Rios had 2 bombs, Trout had one. Sample size you say....well, what can I say? I'm a Sox fan. A Homer. Alex Rios is God in my mind.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
You do know who Mike Trout is, no? Or Andrew McCutchen? Some dude named Ryan Braun, I don't know, hitting the baseball really well? Has Rios had a fine bounce-back season? Yes. Has he been the White Sox best player? No doubt. Best in baseball? No, no, no.

He's hit .360 for about the last 80 games. He's definitely been amongst the best hitters in baseball for 3/4 of the year.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I'm pretty damn sure that Ventura, Coop and KW knows more about baseball than 99.99% of the people on this site.. I just don't get all the damn b****ing and moaning that goes on day by day.

The Sox were picked by many experts to finished close to last place but RV has this team in 1st place on Aug 8th and yet most people on this site act like the Sox are a terrible team.

Think positive. It might be just the way they say they love the team? :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Damn, you could see it in his 2nd AB. He still went on to double in his 3rd AB.

I didn't see the game on TV. Rios has been gold this year. I hope a little rest keeps him productive. I was worried about PK cause I still think that hand/wrist is an issue. Over the weekend I saw the two games on TV. Once I know when he swung kind of awkwardly on a pitch he looked at that hand. Scary toi think he might be hurt.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
He's hit .360 for about the last 80 games. He's definitely been amongst the best hitters in baseball for 3/4 of the year.

80 games? Well, he took off in June and hasn't stopped. That's about 55-ish games or so (not sure of the exact total).

Edit: .346/.360/.636/.996 since June 1st (58 games). That's still far less than three months. But yeah, since then he's been great.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 05:21 PM)
80 games? Well, he took off in June and hasn't stopped. That's about 55-ish games or so (not sure of the exact total).

Edit: .346/.360/.636/.996 since June 1st (58 games). That's still far less than three months. But yeah, since then he's been great.

May 17th is the day he sort of took off...it's about 71 games, actually.

Overall this year, he's been about the 21st best hitter in baseball. But if you picked it up from May 17th, I'll bet he'd be top 10.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 05:32 PM)
May 17th is the day he sort of took off...it's about 71 games, actually.

Overall this year, he's been about the 21st best hitter in baseball. But if you picked it up from May 17th, I'll bet he'd be top 10.

Personally, I don't like to break up season's intro intervals. "So and so has been one of the best in baseball since May 25th." I think it insults the best of the best that have done it from day one (Trout, Braun, 'Cutch, etc).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Personally, I don't like to break up season's intro intervals. "So and so has been one of the best in baseball since May 25th." I think it insults the best of the best that have done it from day one (Trout, Braun, 'Cutch, etc).

Yeah, that's fair...I don't really care to be honest with you.

Just stating a fact.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:53 PM)
I swore that Guthrie's owned us on multiple occasions, but he has a 4.52 ERA against us and is only 3-5.

I thought the same thing. I guess I only watched those three games that he won.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Guthrie threw a quality start his last time out.

Of course, that was one of only 2 or 3 he has thrown all year...

He is crap. Hopefully even Hudson can hit this guy.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
I can't believe all the whining that is done on this site, especially in the game threads.

It's called the Internet. That's what goes on on the Internet. People act completely different than they way they act in real life cause they can use fake names and don't have to print their real addresses and real names.

-- Hope we can win with the weird lineup. Rios has to sit cause of his back. DeAza also has a bad back. Morel out with a bad back. Youk has had back issues. Danks out for season. Peavy refuses to be taken out of games further risking injury in his comeback season. ... Paulie's wrist arguably wrecked or 60 percent .... Can our players hold up?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
My whining comes mostly from the fact that this team has been in first place for 70+ days, and if they miss the postseason it will crush me (and I'm sure other people on the site) It will hurt 10000 x more than if they had just lost 95 like they were being predicted as losing. I would prefer losing 95 to missing the post season by 1-2 games

It's tight right now and every single game matters, so we as message board fans who obviously know better get a little chappy when s*** like this happens.

I hope these days off reinvigorate the team and they run all the way to October, but in the meantime every game is gonna be looked at under the worlds largest internet microscope.

If we can't rest guys against Guthrie who's had been just as bad as Humber when can you rest them ? I think the sun in California and the recent quakes have got you a little bit shook up. Rather lose 95 than have a wonderful season like we are having ? Sheesh ! Lucky Robin got word Youk and De Aza were ready tonight because he originally was going to keep out PK Rios Youk and ADA.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
Would be nice if they finally figure out the mystery that is Kansas City Royals pitching every other team in the league has the last two games have been pretty disheartening for the most part.

It balances itself out. I'm sure the rest of the league would like to know how to kick the s*** out of the Texas Rangers on a regular basis.