Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Brandon looks handsome in some pictures, but he's Lord Of The Rings status in others.

I'm sure she sees the handsome side.

I think it's true love.

True love all the way to the bank...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Beckham was doing pretty good at the top of the lineup. For some reason he hits the ball hard when he's batting at the top, and just looks like s*** when he's batting 9th

.730 OPS in the 2 hole, .539 OPS in the 9 hole, ~ 200 PA's in each spot.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
Beckham was doing pretty good at the top of the lineup. For some reason he hits the ball hard when he's batting at the top, and just looks like s*** when he's batting 9th

I think it's the fact that he is pitched to more carefully in front of Dunn and Konerko, so who wouldn't be a better hitter there.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
I think it's the fact that he is pitched to more carefully in front of Dunn and Konerko, so who wouldn't be a better hitter there.

And if that's the case, I'd rather have the performance enhanced version of Youkilis than Gordon.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
Why not try De Aza at 9th and Beckham leading off for one game...lol

I mean we have to do something to get Beckham going, and sticking him at 9th much longer will see his BA reach Adam Dunn levels

They did. Against Chen.

Beckham has to get himself going, bottom line. You cant move everyone else around to light a fire under a guy hitting close to the mendoza line.

But he's hitting much better when he's at the top of the order vs the bottom. Even in that game, didn't he line out? He hit the ball hard, its not like he grounded out or popped out or anything ,which is practically all he does in the 9 spot.

we don't have to move everyone else around, just De Aza. Who knows, maybe De Aza will continue to hit great at the 9 spot. And Beckham will hit better leading off. In which case, isn't it a net positive?

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
But he's hitting much better when he's at the top of the order vs the bottom. Even in that game, didn't he line out? He hit the ball hard, its not like he grounded out or popped out or anything ,which is practically all he does in the 9 spot.

Why do we have to move everyone else around because Beckham cant get it done? Why would you mess with how good De Aza has been at the leadoff just because you hope that Beckham might get better? Beckham has shown small flashes of good offense, De Aza has done it the entire year, and Youkilis has done it pretty much his entire career.

Sorry, but Beckham needs to figure that s*** out himself. He is hitting 9th because he hasnt been a good hitter all season. he was at best decent hitting in the 2 hole before Youkilis showed up. But even then, he got out of the gate absolutely brutal again.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
I know it would be nice if he suddenly figured it all out himself, but it just doesn't seem to be working...

And that isnt De Aza's fault. So, until he figures it out, enjoy the 9th spot

Why does it have to be De Aza's fault? I'm not suggesting moving him to 9th to punish him, I'm suggesting it to help the overall offense of the team. What if De Aza is as good a 9th hitter as he's been a leadoff hitter this year? We won't know until we try.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)
Why not try De Aza at 9th and Beckham leading off for one game...lol

Because that's an awful idea.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
But Youkilis is better equipped to make the necessary adjustments than Gordon.

So why not bat Rios 9th?

You can't have Beckham getting more abs than Youk, that's ridiculous.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
Why does it have to be De Aza's fault? I'm not suggesting moving him to 9th to punish him, I'm suggesting it to help the overall offense of the team. What if De Aza is as good a 9th hitter as he's been a leadoff hitter this year? We won't know until we try.

You are punishing De Aza and the team by moving him from the leadoff. He sees a lot of pitches, gets on base, he even drives in a lot of runs. Beckham does none of this. Sorry, it is a terrible idea to move De Aza to ninth in order to spark a terrible hitter just because you hope it might work.

Im glad Robin wont try, because I dont want to know.