Hawkins promoted to Winston-Salem

Cerbaho-WG

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:08 AM)

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
The organization isn't messing around. Also, Trayce Thompson to AAA.

Wow x2. Looks like they want Thompson and Hawkins to get some post-season action.

And Haddow to AA. Lots of multi-level jumps lately.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
Wow x2. Looks like they want Thompson and Hawkins to get some post-season action.

Yeah, it looks like they want them playing more games and those teams are in the playoffs. Totally fine with it. Doesn't hurt getting the playoff experience or the additional at bats. If they don't play exceedingly well, they'll just start back in AA/A- next year.

I like the moves.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)

I don't think I can recall a year with more moving around of our minor-leaguers than this. It's been interesting but a little hard to remember who's where.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
They will only be with the elevated teams for a few weeks at most, even with the playoffs. Then it is back to level if they don't do as well. I fail to see how it would hurt them.

It's the second part of your comment. They will likely be sent back down, and I hope that doesn't hurt their confidence, even if it's planned.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
It's the second part of your comment. They will likely be sent back down, and I hope that doesn't hurt their confidence, even if it's planned.

If they are that fragile, they won't do well in their careers. Thompson went from A+ to AA to AAA in a season and is being talked about all over the place - you really think he's going to be hurt by being in AA in 2013? Hawkins was just drafted and has gone Rk to A- to A+. He may actually stay at A+ in 2013, or be in A-, but do you really think he's going to be upset? Playing A ball as a 19 year old and the organization's (probably) top prospect?

The only threats to guys' confidence is possible poor play -- and most won't be too affected by that. Hawkins will probably be in A+ to start next year and the I love the fact that he could be in AA at 19 years old by the end of next year. Sounds like there is no need to rush though. I'm very excited for Trayce too, he is mega-talented. I have to say that our organizational depth in the OF looks pretty good right now.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
What did Trouts and Harpers routes to the Bigs look like?? Itd be awesome to see Hawk Jr(sorry, had to) take about that same route. Those 2 have showed if you got it you got it no matter how young you are.

Hawkins is probably a little too far away for this, but maybe they really want to see where Thompson is at. Maybe K.W. has plans to unload Rios (after a good year) this offseason and wants to get Thompson ready to replace him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)

"Hey Tracye, we are sending you to AAA for the playoffs only. Come to spring training next year ready to prove to us where you belong."

Trayce has all the makings of a fast riser, given his talent level. He might be the kind of guy that was just that one click away from surging to the MLB. It seems to have taken longer than we hoped to get that click, but this year has been great, especially the second half.

Good moves in my opinion. Hawkins was raking at Kannapolis and this is a way to get him more at bats. He was probably slated to start at Winston Salem next year anyways with a great shot at finishing in Birmingham as a 19 year old. Trayce going to AAA to help for playoffs most likely. Dan Johnson will be headed to Chicago. Wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson back in AA to start the next season still though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
I may be wrong, but I think Hawkins plays at least a couple months at Kanny next year, with little chance at Birmingham by the end. There's no rush unless they're trying to sell the public that he's the next Trout/Harper, which he probably isn't.

The Sox move their prospects aggressively and he showed quite well in Kanny. I think they'll send him to Winston-Salem.

It would be pretty aggressive to not have him at KANNY for at least 6-8 weeks to start in 2013.

Not unheard of, but we haven't had this talented a hitter in our system since Beckham when he was first drafted. That said, he was playing high school ball just weeks ago...on the other hand, he's older for his high school class and has that athletic build so physically, he's already there.

Could go either way.