GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
This is what you get when you try to give up one of your most clutch hitters this year by having him bunt. BTW, he's bunted like once in his career before. No s*** it would turn out like crap.

I think that was Youk's choice.

Just sad. Youk has no sac bunts all season. I'd have loved to see if he could have gotten the big hit with two on and nobody out. We let Detroit off the hook since we gave them the one out and Wise and Paulie continued the pattern of no clutch hits that are not called home runs. Detroit has won way too many games against the Sox this season cause Detroit is NOT a great team. No f***ing way.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm marveling at you criticizing us for finding these moves unacceptable, actually.

You got it completely wrong. Im mocking the idiots for wanting him murdered because of a god damn baseball game.

For the record I think its stupid. In the end its just a game.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
Konerko couldn't have gotten a better pitch to hit. He's just awful to watch at the plate these days. Ventura's decision to have Youk bunt was just a gigantic rally killer that inning.

Does his average agree with you this month?

Im gonna go with a NO

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
you seriously find no fault with this "managing" in this game. he ended a rally single handidly by taking the bat of one of the best clutch hitter's on the team as he did last week as well.

Somehow he is now falling in love with the f***ing bunt

Why complain? Enjoy baseball before the season is over. If we win that's great! If we lose, oh well....we'll get 'em next time!

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
You got it completely wrong. Im mocking the idiots for wanting him murdered because of a god damn baseball game.

For the record I think its stupid. In the end its just a game.

You really think someone wants him murdered? Come on, this is just silly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Why complain? Enjoy baseball before the season is over. If we win that's great! If we lose, oh well....we'll get 'em next time!

In the end thats all it amounts to. Glad atleast one other person can see that.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 03:05 AM)
Does his average agree with you this month?

Im gonna go with a NO

As the #4 hitter, you hope from more at the plate than a couple of flares to right field that drop in. Even when he's had hits of late, they've been extremely soft (been that way for about 3 months it seem).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
I want to murder Robin right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
You really think someone wants him murdered? Come on, this is just silly.

Someone wasnt thinking when they wrote that. If they were then they need to get themselves checked.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
Some of you need to STFU and enjoy the game. Waah, waaaah, waaah. Give me a break.

Are you f***ing serious after the managerial train wreck over the last two innings? Most posters have been pretty positive tonight until Robin huffed gas before the 7th.

Some of you need to STFU and enjoy the game. Waah, waaaah, waaah. Give me a break.

No. I've wasted too many hours of my life watching this team to have the f***ing manager throw it away with these senseless moves. It's like he's just pulling names out of a hat with the way he's managing this bullpen and shaking a magic 8-ball when deciding to give the hitters signs.

This is not acceptable for a big league manager.

There is nothing to enjoy when there are basic baseball decisions being completely screwed up. 14 hitters were retired in a row and then there are three hits and we kill all momentum by....bunting. Yet with the injured third baseman and Fister rolling, no bunts in two games......

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing this team much younger next season but it can't be guys like Olmedo or guys who will never have a chance in the bigs.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you think Olmedo is young???

wow

Bet you think Dan Johnson is 22 as well huh?

Edited by Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
As the #4 hitter, you hope from more at the plate than a couple of flares to right field that drop in. Even when he's had hits of late, they've been extremely soft (been that way for about 3 months it seem).

I doubt is average is high with MOB or RISP.