2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
2nd episode of Shield is awful so far.

For a second there I thought you were watching the old cop show with Michael Chiklis. I was wondering why you would hate the 2nd episode. I remember liking it. :D

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 01:59 AM)
For a second there I thought you were watching the old cop show with Michael Chiklis. I was wondering why you would hate the 2nd episode. I remember liking it. :D

I am going to start watching that or Prison Break next. Those shows I always hear brought up in GOAT discussions (well only a season for one Prison Break).

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
Wow, really?? I thought it was a big step in the right direction. Loved this week.

I didn't think it was as terrible as B>W did, but that

hole in the side of the plane

scene was just awful. It looked like it was dreamed up at a team building excercise.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)
I am going to start watching that or Prison Break next. Those shows I always hear brought up in GOAT discussions (well only a season for one Prison Break).

Yeah, prison break got so bad once they actually escaped I quit watching. I'd definitely go with the shield.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 01:59 PM) More important Breaking Bad question: Do you think Huell is still sitting in that hotel room? Yes http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/5f24c5785e/huell-s-rules

Sweet! Glad they let him bring his family. :lol:

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 09:04 PM)

Prison Break was very enjoyable in its first season and funny bad thereafter, but it should never be brought up in GOAT discussions.

The Shield is a legit contender for the GOAT and has one best finales ever IMO. Definitely watch that next if you're picking between the two.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
I didn't think it was as terrible as B>W did, but that

hole in the side of the plane

scene was just awful. It looked like it was dreamed up at a team building excercise.

na, i didnt think that at all. the only "unbelievable" part was

the hole plug

. Overall, I didnt feel the whole scenario was any more of a stretch as you see in typical sci-fi dramas.

I almost view this as Marvel's Warehouse 13.

The problem i see is that Coulson has a very flat personality, so he doesn't draw you in and the other characters haven't developed theirs yet. May has some real potential to be an anchor for the show.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I've had time to let the BB finale settle - and I just could not be more pleased. The wife and I were first adopters, meaning we watched the premiere the night it aired on AMC five years ago. Never once have I not been pleased by an episode. I'm apparently one of the very few who adored "Fly".

There's a plethora of shows that stayed on the air far beyond their expiration date - most recently Dexter. While that leaves a bad taste in anyone's mouth, I'm already reeling from the loss of BB.

I love where the show wound up. No bad deed goes unpunished indeed. However, man, I feel like this last "season" (split into two) could have been told over the course of 3 seasons easily. We jumped so much time in such a short amount of episodes. I wish that contract situations and salaries could have been figured out to continue the slow burn that made the series really amazing. Every time we neared a climax they found a way to squeeze and hold off a little bit longer for truly great payoffs. This last season, especially part two, was incredibly hurried.

Other than that, it was just perfect.

I've decided to start re-watching the series now. I'm already excited to see some of the many epic scenes yet again - the first cook, the bathtub, Walt making the difficult decision to kill Krazy-8 and it being so unnatural for him (and man, I still remember being terrified that with that dude slashing around while being killed against the pole), the birth of Heisenberg, Walt blowing up Tuco, letting Jane die, those psycho f***ing cousins, Gus brutally killing that guy in the underground meth lab, "Salud", the train heist, the gus explosion, f***ing jail killings, Hank finding out, and endless breakfasts for Junior.

F*ck they go on and on. By far my favorite show of all-time - drama or comedy.

I'm going to miss this perfection, and I hope something comes along to rival the great shows again soon.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 1, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
Watched the premiere of this season of Homeland. It was fantastic. Most of the scenes with Quinn were too predictable, but Quinn is such a badass.

I really enjoyed it as well. It's not on the BB level, but I think it's probably the best drama on right now. Saul is awesome.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
I've had time to let the BB finale settle - and I just could not be more pleased. The wife and I were first adopters, meaning we watched the premiere the night it aired on AMC five years ago. Never once have I not been pleased by an episode. I'm apparently one of the very few who adored "Fly".

There's a plethora of shows that stayed on the air far beyond their expiration date - most recently Dexter. While that leaves a bad taste in anyone's mouth, I'm already reeling from the loss of BB.

I love where the show wound up. No bad deed goes unpunished indeed. However, man, I feel like this last "season" (split into two) could have been told over the course of 3 seasons easily. We jumped so much time in such a short amount of episodes. I wish that contract situations and salaries could have been figured out to continue the slow burn that made the series really amazing. Every time we neared a climax they found a way to squeeze and hold off a little bit longer for truly great payoffs. This last season, especially part two, was incredibly hurried.

Other than that, it was just perfect.

I've decided to start re-watching the series now. I'm already excited to see some of the many epic scenes yet again - the first cook, the bathtub, Walt making the difficult decision to kill Krazy-8 and it being so unnatural for him (and man, I still remember being terrified that with that dude slashing around while being killed against the pole), the birth of Heisenberg, Walt blowing up Tuco, letting Jane die, those psycho f***ing cousins, Gus brutally killing that guy in the underground meth lab, "Salud", the train heist, the gus explosion, f***ing jail killings, Hank finding out, and endless breakfasts for Junior.

F*ck they go on and on. By far my favorite show of all-time - drama or comedy.

I'm going to miss this perfection, and I hope something comes along to rival the great shows again soon.

Season 5 was great, but I still think the last four episodes of Season 4 are the best television ever. The last scene of Face Off, starting with his call with Skylar, still gives me chills.

I missed SOA last night because 2 of my cable boxes decided to take a crap 5 minutes before the show started.

The main box was making the picture on the TV huge so that it was literally cutting it off on all 4 sides. I tried adjusting the picture settings on both the TV and the box to no avail. When I unplugged it and tried to switch it with one in another room they both quit working completely. I called Comcast's completely unhelpful customer service and they are going to send a tech out tomorrow.

After an hour or so I got about half my channels back on one of the boxes but it was completely random which channels I got. All the basic local channels (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc...) and a handful of cable channels. This morning when I checked it I had everything except FX.

The other cable box was still DOA.

So here's a nice big FU to Comcast and their s***ty equipment. :angry:

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 11:30 AM)
I missed SOA last night because 2 of my cable boxes decided to take a crap 5 minutes before the show started.

The main box was making the picture on the TV huge so that it was literally cutting it off on all 4 sides. I tried adjusting the picture settings on both the TV and the box to no avail. When I unplugged it and tried to switch it with one in another room they both quit working completely. I called Comcast's completely unhelpful customer service and they are going to send a tech out tomorrow.

After an hour or so I got about half my channels back on one of the boxes but it was completely random which channels I got. All the basic local channels (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc...) and a handful of cable channels. This morning when I checked it I had everything except FX.

The other cable box was still DOA.

So here's a nice big FU to Comcast and their s***ty equipment. :angry:

Comcast sucks. I do not miss their customer service.

Speaking of TV provider customer service, man oh man do I love DirecTV. Just got off the phone with them after 45 minutes. My 2 year contract expired last week and I called to see what kind of promotions were available. The first guy I talked to offered me a few things, a free HD-DVR box, 10 bucks off a month, some additional content for basically free, etc. But I wasn't thrilled with any of them. Because I didn't like what he was selling HE offered to send me to the retention department where they "have more room to work." Talked to the guy in the retention department for 25 minutes, not haggling, but just talking about what they wanted to GIVE me. I didn't ask for anything other than "what can you do for me?" At the end of the day I basically got treated as a brand new customer with additional incentives. I got the Genie system (sadly i signed up with them like 6 months before that launched), I got the new customer pricing, an extra 10 bucks off hbo and showtime, I got Sunday ticket free (2nd time in 3 years) and I got to keep my current 2 receivers (in addition to the 2 new genie boxes) without having to pay the 6 bucks a month for each.

All and all, a VERY happy customer.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
Speaking of TV provider customer service, man oh man do I love DirecTV. Just got off the phone with them after 45 minutes. My 2 year contract expired last week and I called to see what kind of promotions were available. The first guy I talked to offered me a few things, a free HD-DVR box, 10 bucks off a month, some additional content for basically free, etc. But I wasn't thrilled with any of them. Because I didn't like what he was selling HE offered to send me to the retention department where they "have more room to work." Talked to the guy in the retention department for 25 minutes, not haggling, but just talking about what they wanted to GIVE me. I didn't ask for anything other than "what can you do for me?" At the end of the day I basically got treated as a brand new customer with additional incentives. I got the Genie system (sadly i signed up with them like 6 months before that launched), I got the new customer pricing, an extra 10 bucks off hbo and showtime, I got Sunday ticket free (2nd time in 3 years) and I got to keep my current 2 receivers (in addition to the 2 new genie boxes) without having to pay the 6 bucks a month for each.

All and all, a VERY happy customer.

Comcast sucks, I hate them, but they gave me all that same stuff, I get Redzone, since Sunday Ticket doesn't exist, though, not that I want it. Redzone is where it's at. Oh, I hated DirecTV when I dealt with them just as much.

Edited by Y2HH