2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 11:15 PM)
Matt Schaub may be free to join him soon

Keenum is definitely the starter from here on out, Schaub is like the perfect back up though, that's of course if he's willing to do it(this year he'll have no choice).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 11:23 PM)
Keenum is definitely the starter from here on out, Schaub is like the perfect back up though, that's of course if he's willing to do it(this year he'll have no choice).

Keenum looked really good against a pretty good Colts defense. He also looked good against the Chiefs last week.

There's a bit of Tony Romo in him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 11:21 PM)
Thanks for the link. This type of stuff in a NFL environment is always interesting to me.

Making rookies do s*** during training camp and hazing them is one thing. But to make them pay for $30,000 dinners when they make $400,000 a year is just cruel.

And the fact that grown men are bullying other grown men while they play a professional sport is ridiculous. Grow up already.

I thought the officials screwed up all weekend. I understand that the TJ Graham play in the Bills-Chiefs game was a fumble. I have no problem with that. But when Marquise Goodwin goes down the field, catches and controls the ball against his helmet without it ever touching the ground, and then lose it after he's been tackled/downed and you call it incomplete, I'm going to be upset. All I saw all week were terrible calls made by the officials.

I thought the officials screwed up all weekend. I understand that the TJ Graham play in the Bills-Chiefs game was a fumble. I have no problem with that. But when Marquise Goodwin goes down the field, catches and controls the ball against his helmet without it ever touching the ground, and then lose it after he's been tackled/downed and you call it incomplete, I'm going to be upset. All I saw all week were terrible calls made by the officials.

The whole "completing the catch" rule needs to get a serious workover. There was a similar play in the Texans-Colts game last night with the same result.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:51 AM)

It's clearly a catch, as was the Andre Johnson play, but by the way the rule is written and has been enforced ever since the Calvin Johnson play a few years ago, they were both correct calls. I don't know why the TJ Graham play is relevant to the other plays either, it was obviously a catch and fumble.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 07:07 AM)
It's clearly a catch, as was the Andre Johnson play, but by the way the rule is written and has been enforced ever since the Calvin Johnson play a few years ago, they were both correct calls. I don't know why the TJ Graham play is relevant to the other plays either, it was obviously a catch and fumble.

The problem is the officials are enforcing the rule to the letter, when some common sense should clearly come into play. They need to use common sense to determine if the receiver ultimately had possession of the ball long enough for it to be a catch. Then if it moves or hits the ground after that, but the player is down, then it's a catch and the ball is down. They're turning it into something it should have never been, which is the player must hold that ball until his body stops moving entirely, which gives the defender time to continue trying to strip it away even after common sense tells you it was a completed catch and the player was down.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:07 AM)

Because Goodwin had control of the ball for a longer period of time, that's the only reason I bring it up. Not that I'm going to, but my argument would be that if the Goodwin play isn't a catch, then Graham never completed his catch either.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 10:27 AM)
Because Goodwin had control of the ball for a longer period of time, that's the only reason I bring it up. Not that I'm going to, but my argument would be that if the Goodwin play isn't a catch, then Graham never completed his catch either.

One went to the ground with possession, the other didn't, that's the difference. The whole receiver needing to complete the catch through contact with the ground or whatever rule needs to be fixed this offseason.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 08:51 AM)

Yeah it's awful. If you're already down and you don't voluntarily throw the ball away like Calvin Johnson did 3 years ago, you're down and it should be a catch. How is it fair if the defender just decides to rip the ball away after you're already down?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
Am I the only one that finds it somewhat funny that the guy's last name is Incognito (mode)? It sounds so shady.

No, I have read a few Incognito jokes in comments that have made me laugh. Deadspin commenters can be pretty funny

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
One went to the ground with possession, the other didn't, that's the difference. The whole receiver needing to complete the catch through contact with the ground or whatever rule needs to be fixed this offseason.

Like I said, there's no debate that Graham's was a fumble. The NFL's rules are an absolute joke.

Tonight will be an interesting game for Bears. We'll see if Trestman's offense has better insight on moving the ball vs. Pack. And we'll see if Rodgers can break passing yards in game record vs. our terrible defense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
In this day and age, i don't' see how people think you can hide on the internet.

The ignorance of some people is amazing. Not only the idiotic comments he made but the fact he believes anonymity still exists on the internet, mind boggling.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
The ignorance of some people is amazing. Not only the idiotic comments he made but the fact he believes anonymity still exists on the internet, mind boggling.

Commenter hit it perfectly.

eject_porkinsBarry Petchesky

Obviously we all would have expected someone named Incognito to be harder to find. Today 9:40am

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
Incognito is one of the biggest jerks in the league, which is really impressive given that it's the NFL and there are jerks everywhere.

He has been a assclown everywhere he has been. I am sure the NFLPA will file to get him his salary paid in full.