2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
Wow. If the Falcons pull this off, San Fran would have to win at Arizona or miss the playoffs. Somewhere in Candlestick a muscle car enthusiast firefighter is getting nervous.

:lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 11:34 PM)
Wow. If the Falcons pull this off, San Fran would have to win at Arizona or miss the playoffs. Somewhere in Candlestick a muscle car enthusiast firefighter is getting nervous.

:lolhitting

So, just a thought, but has the Packers plan all along been to wait until week 17 for Rodgers to come back? Gotta make sure you're still alive in the hunt, you're likely going up against the team you will have to beat to get in, and if Rodgers comes out rusty, they can just say it was exactly that. The Bears also have no idea what to gameplan for.

Just the tin foil hat side of me coming out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 07:28 PM)
Looks like Trouble With the Curve in football. Cliches galore.

My take is maybe more like moneyball, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I know I would be pretty stoked if it was about the Bears, even if it's purely fictional.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 12:24 AM)
So people think if the Bears lose against Green Bay, Cutler is done as a Bear? Am I reading this right?

How can it be that black and white? He could throw for 300 with 4 TD's and the defense might still lose the game.

It really seems like a no-win situation. If he performs as stated, then sure, fans can argue to keep him, but if he's doing that and the Bears are losing then aren't resources better spent on the defense anyways?

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen Jay perform like that and the Bears lose, so I wouldn't expect it.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 08:38 AM)
It really seems like a no-win situation. If he performs as stated, then sure, fans can argue to keep him, but if he's doing that and the Bears are losing then aren't resources better spent on the defense anyways?

Also, I don't know if I've ever seen Jay perform like that and the Bears lose, so I wouldn't expect it.

He was pretty close to that against the Lions in Detroit this season

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
Unless something goes really wrong, like he has 5 INTs and the Bears lose and that can be pinned on Cutler, he may be playing for some money on Sunday, but not the Bears love. They fully intend to re-sign him.

I agree, I think they subscribe to the "Better the Devil you know than the Devil you do not know" idiom. I just dont want to see a hamstringing contract

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:19 AM)
I agree, I think they subscribe to the "Better the Devil you know than the Devil you do not know" idiom. I just dont want to see a hamstringing contract

Looking at the Lions makes me a bit worrisome. They gave Stafford a lot of money, but when he's not throwing to Megatron, he's suddenly not very good.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
Looking at the Lions makes me a bit worrisome. They gave Stafford a lot of money, but when he's not throwing to Megatron, he's suddenly not very good.

Yea I dont like the Stafford model either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
It's kind of "NFL hell". Your QB isn't taking you to the next level, but you can't just dump him that easily.

Really though, while Stafford certainly has his warts, the overall control of that team is the real issue for them. I think I heard on Sunday that Fairley has 8 or 9 pre-snap penalties this season, Suh has his fair share. They are constantly whistled for personal fouls, giving up tons of unnecessary yards. That defense is good, it should be BEASTLY. Fairley and Suh in the middle with Ziggy coming off the edge? It really is confusing to see them falter down the stretch like they have.

Oh, and rumor is Megatron has played a good portion of the season with a partially torn PCL.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
Really though, while Stafford certainly has his warts, the overall control of that team is the real issue for them. I think I heard on Sunday that Fairley has 8 or 9 pre-snap penalties this season, Suh has his fair share. They are constantly whistled for personal fouls, giving up tons of unnecessary yards. That defense is good, it should be BEASTLY. Fairley and Suh in the middle with Ziggy coming off the edge? It really is confusing to see them falter down the stretch like they have. Oh, and rumor is Megatron has played a good portion of the season with a partially torn PCL.

Coaches always get the blame whenever a team loses, but I think this is one case where it's deserved on Schwartz. With all of the dumb penalties and stupid decisions they make, that has to go back on him. They are way too talented to keep losing like that.

That being said, Stafford has not played very well over this losing streak, making some bad throws & decisions. If he is that dependent on Megatron, that's not a good sign.

And how awesome is Calvin Johnson that he put up such a ridiculous season while he may have been injured the whole time.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 23, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
Cutler 1-7 vs Packers, 61.5 rating 9 TD to 16 INTs

:o

At least the game won't be on prime time...

Seriously though, if Cutler can't beat this mediocre Packers team, especially if Rodgers ain't playing, then I don't want to see Cutler in a Bears uni next year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 24, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
At least the game won't be on prime time...

Seriously though, if Cutler can't beat this mediocre Packers team, especially if Rodgers ain't playing, then I don't want to see Cutler in a Bears uni next year.

The Bears have played pretty well recently on Prime Time, actually.